Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2015, 02:06 PM

779 posts, read 484,227 times

Advertisements

Quote:
They may have been only a couple hundred feet high.
May? So there is no historical evidence of this in the historically accurate bible?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2015, 02:07 PM

Quote:
The mountains were not nearly as high in Noah's day. They may have been only a couple hundred feet high. As the plates submerged, the waters of the oceans rose and the vast waters under the earth sprayed upward.
After the flood the basins which are now ocean basins sunk and the tectonic plate Pangea was on came up and then the mountains arose.
Does it say this in the bible?

Last edited by willingsniper; 05-20-2015 at 02:40 PM..

Old 05-20-2015, 02:09 PM

The vast waters under ground... Get some scrap paper and really work this out. The whole plates thing, and Atlantis sinking, oh I'm sorry that's another legend.

Old 05-20-2015, 02:57 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,975,571 times
Until you can prove me wrong, I'll forgo any more bantering. I usually only reserve my conversations with adults.

Old 05-20-2015, 03:04 PM

18,499 posts, read 9,167,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Until you can prove me wrong, I'll forgo any more bantering. I usually only reserve my conversations with adults.
You should have some conversations with the scientific community since you are in possession of revolutionary and previously unknown scientific data found on YouTube. Think of all of the honorary degrees you will be getting from prestigious universities worldwide. You will finally be able to interact with people of your supreme intellectual ability instead of arguing with your inferiors on the internet.

Old 05-20-2015, 05:15 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,975,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
You should have some conversations with the scientific community since you are in possession of revolutionary and previously unknown scientific data found on YouTube. Think of all of the honorary degrees you will be getting from prestigious universities worldwide. You will finally be able to interact with people of your supreme intellectual ability instead of arguing with your inferiors on the internet.
Just prove the four videos wrong or quit. Your responses don't prove a darn thing. Just prove the four videos wrong or admit defeat.

Old 05-20-2015, 05:21 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,631,916 times
Quote:
Just prove the four videos wrong or quit. Your responses don't prove a darn thing. Just prove the four videos wrong or admit defeat.
Just out of curiosity, what would you even accept as proof? A Youtube video of a priest saying they're wrong?

I'm just wondering what it would take, because I've seen you proven wrong more times than I could begin to count, but never seen you admit it. Every single time I've ever seen you proven wrong, your response has invariably been, "nuh-uh! bible says otherwise! next!" So what would it take?

Old 05-20-2015, 05:43 PM

So noah's flood was perhaps 5000 bc so about 7000 years ago Everest was only a couple hundred feet tall.

Old 05-20-2015, 05:45 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,738,332 times
Quote:
We've already gone over this over and over and over and over again. You must not have been here when I thoroughly destroyed the idea there is not enough water on earth.

Right now, if Mount Everest were put into the Mariana Trench, the trench is deeper by 7,044 feet.

The mountains were not nearly as high in Noah's day. They may have been only a couple hundred feet high. As the plates submerged, the waters of the oceans rose and the vast waters under the earth sprayed upward.
After the flood the basins which are now ocean basins sunk and the tectonic plate Pangea was on came up and then the mountains arose.
Eusebius, you seem to be reverting to your Other theory, which is that the mountains didn't rise up relative to the ground but were raised up by the ground. That of course means that you have to add on a suggestion that the rest of the rising of the mountains was done after the breakup of Pangea. In effect what you are doing is what has to be done with the 'kinds' on the Ark - lightning evolution to get the present species.

This is simply taking the findings of geology and evolution and speeding them up into a miniscule time -scale to try to fit it into a Genesis scenario.

Old 05-20-2015, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Because the story is going off the rails.

I was always told never to lie. Later I found out that telling a lie meant having to continually service it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality