Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2015, 09:45 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Well, then court clerk seems to have decided that, rather than obey a court order, she will deny marriage licenses to ANYBODY.

The saga continues.

UPDATE: Rowan County, Ky. Clerk Denies Marriage License after Order to Issue
So she just arbitrarily decided that nobody gets a marriage license.

She's raised the bar for being a Special Snowflake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2015, 10:07 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
The woman is a total knob.

Old 08-27-2015, 04:59 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,734,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The belief is not the problem. Using it as an excuse to discriminate against someone IS!
No the problem is using the concept of all encompassing freedom from discrimination to force others to give up their beliefs.

Old 08-27-2015, 05:08 PM

7,801 posts, read 6,374,746 times
Or, to be more accurate, taking the concept of all encompassing freedom FOR THE INDIVIDUAL, past the threshold of the workplace. Your hobbies are your own. Making demands on your employer based on your hobbies is EXACTLY what secularism is designed to prevent.

Old 08-27-2015, 05:11 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,734,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Obtuseness is a mark of the immature---which you display consistently in your posts--claiming to have 100 proofs and not being able to provide even one.

The animal story that you like to repeat over and over still falls under the guidelines for humans that we as humans require consensual agreement to actions. Repeatedly you try to compare "animals eating their young," and "pedophilia" to homosexuality. That's why I am encouraged to compare your religion to Nazism. They were the first in modern times to treat homosexuals in mass as you deep down wish to see homosexuals treated.
You are the one who brings up the animal comparison to homosexuality. I am only making situational comparisons, not a direct side by side comparison to homosexuality like you are doing. I have never once claimed that the sin of homosexuality is just as bad or damaging as pedophilia. Yet you make a direct comparison of my beliefs to Nazism and then take it further by just making up garbage like saying I really want to see gay people treated poorly like the Nazis did. A disgusting untruth.

Quote:

So why should anyone have any respect for your opinion?
Why should I respect your opinion when you throw offensive comments at me? Sorry bud but most Christians share very little with your baseless brand of belief especially your belief that human beings are animals.

Quote:

I really do not care about you OR your feelings.
If you didn't care, you wouldn't bother to respond.

Quote:

I care about the feelings of the gay people who may read your posts and think you are an example of people claiming to love God. They deserve better than what you offer.
Oh I'm sure gay people are quite aware that a majority of Christians do not support homosexuality.

Quote:

Regardless of the number of homosexuals who have indicated you have no respect for THEM, you continue to believe you DO---THAT is being a hypocrite, a dogmatist, and one unwilling to learn. Further it is an absolute display of anti-christ beliefs. If you lack so much confidence in your own self that you need to have the right to treat others improperly, it shows you are still in need of a Savior.
I seek to treat all people with kindness and friendship, but I'm not going to compromise my moral beliefs either. You apparently think a person must embrace sin in order to respect sinners.

Old 08-27-2015, 06:04 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
The belief is not the problem. Using it as an excuse to discriminate against someone IS!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
No the problem is using the concept of all-encompassing freedom from discrimination to force others to give up their beliefs.
She is not being asked to give up her beliefs. She is just being asked to do her JOB serving the PUBLIC. Her beliefs have nothing to do with her job. Her beliefs apply only to HER. She is not being asked to have a SSM. What about this do you have difficulty understanding, Jeff????

Old 08-27-2015, 06:52 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,714,086 times
Quote:
You are the one who brings up the animal comparison to homosexuality. I am only making situational comparisons, not a direct side by side comparison to homosexuality like you are doing. I have never once claimed that the sin of homosexuality is just as bad or damaging as pedophilia. Yet you make a direct comparison of my beliefs to Nazism and then take it further by just making up garbage like saying I really want to see gay people treated poorly like the Nazis did. A disgusting untruth.
You have compared homosexuality and pedophilia on several occasions. Will I get an apology if I go back and select several of those posts and put them forward for everyone to see your hypocrisy?

Everything you say about homosexuals was said by the Nazis. You may not wish to murder them physically--but there are other ways to kill people spiritually and mentally by treating them as less than a full human being. You engage in that frequently.

Quote:
Why should I respect your opinion when you throw offensive comments at me? Sorry bud but most Christians share very little with your baseless brand of belief especially your belief that human beings are animals.
I'm not asking you to respect my opinion. You're lost and have no concept of the love of God for all so truth is hidden from you. God made us like he did many animals. 98% of our DNA is shared by chimpanzees. Even the zebra fish has 85% of our DNA. The roundworm has 21%. Remarkable the way God works, yes???

In one of your very early posts, months ago, you claimed homosexuality was unnatural. Posts of animals engaged in homosexual behavior simply takes that argument out of your repertoire.

My intention is to offend. The lesson for you is that homosexuals feel the same way about your posts. So you are simply looking into a mirror. If you don't like what you see, change your image.

Quote:
If you didn't care, you wouldn't bother to respond.
Oh, I DO care--I just don't care what YOU think. I care a lot about what young, less sophisticated homosexual or transgender people think. Someone needs to point out that God loves them the same way He loves everyone else--even you. And someone needs to stand shoulder to shoulder with them to see that they are acceptable in the eyes of Jesus until they start condemning people for being born black, or in another country---or homosexual.

Quote:
Oh I'm sure gay people are quite aware that a majority of Christians do not support homosexuality.
I'm sure they are too. My e-mail from Rev. Mel White who responded to one I sent him, remarked how surprised he was to see someone coming out of a Southern Baptist tradition to stand by the gay movement.

But then Rev. White is an evangelical homosexual who believes in miracles!

Quote:
I seek to treat all people with kindness and friendship, but I'm not going to compromise my moral beliefs either. You apparently think a person must embrace sin in order to respect sinners.
No you don't.

Old 08-28-2015, 12:02 AM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Quote:
No the problem is using the concept of all encompassing freedom from discrimination to force others to give up their beliefs.
Quote:
No you don't, Jeff. As long as you place yourself in the place of God and judge someone else's sin and treat them differently (and negatively) because of it . . . you are neither being kind nor friendly nor agape loving. You are being a self-appointed, judge, jury, and executioner in the name of God. You are NOT God's enforcer. None of us are. Why do you usurp what is God's prerogative??? Tread carefully, young man.

Old 08-28-2015, 04:01 AM

1,807 posts, read 1,892,003 times
Quote:

There is no discrimination involved.

Requiring everyone to follow the law is not discrimination. If it were, every single person currently incarcerated in the US (numbering 2,220,300 as of 2013) would have a 'discrimination' grievance against the government.
The clerk was ordered, by a judge, to comply with the law. She did not.

Get it through your head, Jeff. Religion is not an excuse to break the law.

Old 08-28-2015, 11:43 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,628,754 times
She needs to go to jail. The case has been referred to the Kentucky Attorney General for possible filing of official misconduct charges, a criminal offense. If she continues to defy court orders to follow the law, then she needs to be jailed for contempt.

Lock her up and don't let her out until she complies with the order, or resigns her position. Let's see how long her faith lasts then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality