Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2015, 03:33 PM

468 posts, read 265,816 times

Advertisements

You will never see anyone else on this list because it likely doesn't exist.
There are bigger people out there then Duggar and if this really happened some of them are included.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2015, 03:42 PM

23,173 posts, read 26,194,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clickstack View Post
You will never see anyone else on this list because it likely doesn't exist.
There are bigger people out there then Duggar and if this really happened some of them are included.
You should have told young mister Duggar that before he admitted it publically.

Old 08-21-2015, 04:23 PM

468 posts, read 265,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
You should have told young mister Duggar that before he admitted it publically.
He made his money.

Old 08-21-2015, 04:32 PM

779 posts, read 484,003 times
They're rolling this into another show. This one is on abuse

Old 08-21-2015, 05:14 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L0ve View Post
Yes, but through her training, she has been taught that it is her fault.
She is expected to be a breeding machine, raising dozens of kids at once to expand their god's army; exhausted with no sleep, up all night taking care of sick kids, maintain a clean home, cook all the meals, have time to bathe herself, wear makeup, do her hair, and look fancy for her husband in the middle of all this slave-style child rearing. She is expected to work the equivalent of multiple full time jobs, 24/7 and be there at all times to satisfy her husband sexually, regardless of how sick, tired or physically ravaged her body is from repeated back-to-back pregnancies and childbirth tearing her up and wearing her down.
People who breed animals like this are called cruel, inhumane, and labelled factory farms and puppy mills. Places where the animal's wellbeing is not taken into account because breeding as much as possible with unhealthy successive births is the priority. With the Duggar's this is the goal and considered an achievement.
I remember when Michelle, the mother, took the girls aside and had a talk with them about marriage. Her "sex talk" and marriage advice equated to telling the girls that they must be there for sex at any time the husband demanded it no matter how exhausted they were.
I am sure that Josh's wife is 100% blaming herself for his sexual perversions; she has been trained since childhood to do so. The same way the victims of his pedophile sex crimes are taught in their educational church books to self-blame by examining their code of dress and behavior to see if they were acting as a temptress to men, causing them to be raped or sexually assaulted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The reality of this is so overwhelming that my heart is just sick about the many families that are victimized by this religious garbage. It is unconscionable. Those who perpetuate it carry a heavy burden indeed.
The worst of it is that it tends to lead to this attitude:

Old 08-21-2015, 05:33 PM

206 posts, read 215,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
It deeply pains me to point this out, as I do not want to provide you with ammo when you have finally shown that even you have standards in this matter. However, from the article:

... yadda yadda sys boom bah
He really knows how to spin a good one, doesn't he?

Old 08-21-2015, 06:33 PM

I believe Josh is the oldest? That leaves a whole lot of his siblings coming along behind him. I wonder what other earthworms are going to crawl out from under *their* logs as the years go by.

Old 08-21-2015, 06:54 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tish437 View Post
I believe Josh is the oldest? That leaves a whole lot of his siblings coming along behind him. I wonder what other earthworms are going to crawl out from under *their* logs as the years go by.
Religious fundamentalism is the world's/mankind's greatest evil.

Old 08-21-2015, 06:56 PM

No, I mean isn't he the oldest of all the kids, and I wonder what is going to be discovered about all the ones coming behind him - all the other kids in the family.

Old 08-21-2015, 07:12 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tish437 View Post
No, I mean isn't he the oldest of all the kids, and I wonder what is going to be discovered about all the ones coming behind him - all the other kids in the family.
Hence my comment. Fundamentalism leaves a long trail of victims - some spiritual, some physical, some emotional - some poor souls, all of the above.

It's why I fight them wherever I find them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality