Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2015, 07:15 AM

1,421 posts, read 1,636,716 times

Advertisements

Josh Duggar had an Ashley Madison account | New York Post

It's time for people to stop defending this ****-head. He's about the worst role model one could have. Abuses his sisters, now cheats (or attempted to cheat) on his wife. All the while being hypocritical about having "Christian" family values.

His wife needs to get a backbone and file for divorce. He's a disgusting human.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2015, 07:18 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,011,213 times
Josh Duggar: a highly sexual person born into a very conservative family.

Old 08-20-2015, 07:24 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,192,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverunner17 View Post
Josh Duggar had an Ashley Madison account | New York Post

It's time for people to stop defending this ****-head. He's about the worst role model one could have. Abuses his sisters, now cheats (or attempted to cheat) on his wife. All the while being hypocritical about having "Christian" family values.

His wife needs to get a backbone and file for divorce. He's a disgusting human.
I cannot defend the guy at this point. I was willing to go on the idea that he was a stupid 14 year old kid on the issue before, but I have no patience for a guy that does this kind of thing as an adult. I also feel sorry for any woman that would just sit and take this kind of thing from her lying, cheating husband.

Old 08-20-2015, 07:26 AM

44,258 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I cannot defend the guy at this point. I was willing to go on the idea that he was a stupid 14 year old kid on the issue before, but I have no patience for a guy that does this kind of thing as an adult.
It certainly makes any claims of youthful indiscretions seem without credibility.

Old 08-20-2015, 08:24 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,614,977 times
Josh Duggar suffers from fundamentalist privilege.

Old 08-20-2015, 10:14 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
An awful lot of people will soon have some s'plainin' to do. If someone could invest in divorce stocks, they'd make a mint in the next year or two.

Old 08-20-2015, 10:27 AM

11,162 posts, read 7,637,791 times
Quote:
I cannot defend the guy at this point. I was willing to go on the idea that he was a stupid 14 year old kid on the issue before, but I have no patience for a guy that does this kind of thing as an adult. I also feel sorry for any woman that would just sit and take this kind of thing from her lying, cheating husband.
Thank you for saying this. I have a newfound respect for you.

Old 08-20-2015, 10:36 AM

19,999 posts, read 13,480,828 times
Quote:
It deeply pains me to point this out, as I do not want to provide you with ammo when you have finally shown that even you have standards in this matter. However, from the article:
Quote:
But it remains unclear how many of the email addresses are legitimate, considering the Ashley Madison site doesn’t verify user information — and customers have good reason to hide their identities.
As a consequence, you or I could be on this list because someone else posed as us or gave out a fake email address. I even had an acquaintance where I used to live whose idea of a yuk was to sign me up for a subscription to Gentleman's Quarterly which I had the embarrassment of fishing out of my mailbox at the same instant my neighbor, eyebrow raised, was fetching his own mail at the street box. Har-har! At least it wasn't Playboy or worse; it was merely provocatively posed objectified women on the cover, at least they were clothed.

However, that Duggar's profile is not actually his is quite far-fetched and I understand from what others have told me that the data points in Dugger's profile (such as his grandmother's home address, birthday one month off from actual (a common ploy of someone creating an account and yet remain deniably anonymous) and a few other things that are too many coincidences in one place not to be him. Still, he's a public person with enemies and I predict that a narrative like this will develop to try to explain it away as Not Really Him.

No matter; it has become a "where there's smoke, there's fire" kind of scenario.

Old 08-20-2015, 10:45 AM

19,999 posts, read 13,480,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
An awful lot of people will soon have some s'plainin' to do. If someone could invest in divorce stocks, they'd make a mint in the next year or two.
As one commentator opined, "How could you?" is being spoken all over the country right now, as sleeping men are awakened by being smacked in the face by a packed suitcase, the sound of crying children in the background.

I read about this site maybe a year ago and wondered how long it would be before it would be targeted by hackers. It's just too tempting a target.

It hadn't occurred to me that many of the female profiles would be faked, but it should have. What woman in her right mind would want to purposefully develop a sexual relationship with a married man? That is normally the kind of thing that would be concealed by a man, which tells me most women frown on it. Understandably. Not only do most women want a committed relationship, they also want safety. This has danger written all over it. Most of the guys are probably self-absorbed losers but some of those would be predators. I read an article by a woman who claims to have dated a few men from the site and from her perspective it was nice to have "fun" without long term commitment but she ended up stalked by a couple of her paramours. She was tough enough to shut them down, smart enough to block them (which worked because she was also smart enough never to give out her home address) and lucky that they weren't sociopath enough to grab her and toss her in a car trunk.

Old 08-20-2015, 10:46 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,223,196 times
sex is a mighty powerful drug
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality