Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2015, 09:00 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,072,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post

I haven't held the evidence back. I've presented it to atheists before, and it didn't phase them. I even presented evidence of miracle healings verified by doctors and backed up by photo evidence. Was it considered for one second? Of course not. They retreated to their "well it wasn't published in a medical journal" escape route.
Is it that devil face in the smoke at the Twin Towers? I saw you post that on another thread or something similar - "otherwordly" face or arms in smoke?

If so, no wonder it didn't phase anyone. I'm not surprised you're leery of producing your "evidence" again. And I mean come on. Can you blame people for not seeing that sort of Photoshopped sensationalist thing as evidence of God or Satan? I ask that not snottily but seriously. Just what are you expecting people to swallow? I get that you feel piled on right now, I really do, but I mean look at what you're producing as "evidence" and think about someone expecting you to believe similar things but along the lines of their own beliefs. How credulous would you be?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2015, 10:25 AM

10,096 posts, read 5,758,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Is it that devil face in the smoke at the Twin Towers? I saw you post that on another thread or something similar - "otherwordly" face or arms in smoke?

If so, no wonder it didn't phase anyone. I'm not surprised you're leery of producing your "evidence" again. And I mean come on. Can you blame people for not seeing that sort of Photoshopped sensationalist thing as evidence of God or Satan? I ask that not snottily but seriously. Just what are you expecting people to swallow? I get that you feel piled on right now, I really do, but I mean look at what you're producing as "evidence" and think about someone expecting you to believe similar things but along the lines of their own beliefs. How credulous would you be?
I never posted about devil face at the Twin Towers. I did post about supernatural events documented on the set of a James Bond movie. Several members of the crew reported these events including the director.

Quote:

In addition to the flaming hand, the crew of Licence to Kill had all sorts of other mishaps over the course of filming. While filming a scene where Sanchez shoots off a Stinger missile, the prop stinger went haywire and hit a utility worker on a telephone pole more than two miles away. Other examples include the truck that mysteriously burst into flames in the middle of the night for no reason, the truck that started its engine and drove a few feet with no one behind the wheel and the apparitions that the security guards reported seeing that disappeared when challenged.

Were these all just random and freak occurrences or was there actually a higher power at work during the filming of Licence to Kill? Director John Glen thinks there might be, as evidenced by a quote from his book, For My Eyes Only. “There was definitely a strange atmosphere on that stretch of road. The special effects boys where convinced there was something spooky about the place. If there was any doubt left in my mind, it was dispelled by a bizarre photograph…”

I find this occurance to be quite compelling because it is a supernatural event being reported by a Hollywood film crew, not Christians. What is more likely, these guys experienced the supernatural including the photo that can not be explained or the director and crew all conspired to just make up the story and photoshop the picture with no gain or motive to do so?

James Bond Movies: Licence to Kill - The Flaming Hand @ Universal Exports, The Home of James Bond, 007

Sure you gotta take it on a degree of faith that these guys experienced this first hand. But guess what, you have to take just about everything in life on faith! You gotta have faith when you sit down in a chair that it will support you. You gotta have faith that the sun won't fry us to a crisp when you wake up to a new day. You gotta have faith that your parents or spouse won't murder you in your sleep.

But you have demonstrated yet again to me why it is impossible to ever convince skeptics like you because you are demanding a type of evidence that can not be questioned in any way, shape or form. Well that's not going to happen. We have tons of evidence that man landed on the moon yet people found ways to question if it really happened or was staged.

Old 12-07-2015, 10:44 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,251,013 times
Quote:

I find this occurance to be quite compelling because it is a supernatural event being reported by a Hollywood film crew, not Christians. .
How do you know they were not Christians? Most movie film crews include people who are Christians.

Old 12-07-2015, 10:51 AM

18,518 posts, read 9,201,444 times
Quote:
I never posted about devil face at the Twin Towers. I did post about supernatural events documented on the set of a James Bond movie. Several members of the crew reported these events including the director.

I find this occurance to be quite compelling because it is a supernatural event being reported by a Hollywood film crew, not Christians. What is more likely, these guys experienced the supernatural including the photo that can not be explained or the director and crew all conspired to just make up the story and photoshop the picture with no gain or motive to do so?

James Bond Movies: Licence to Kill - The Flaming Hand @ Universal Exports, The Home of James Bond, 007

Sure you gotta take it on a degree of faith that these guys experienced this first hand. But guess what, you have to take just about everything in life on faith! You gotta have faith when you sit down in a chair that it will support you. You gotta have faith that the sun won't fry us to a crisp when you wake up to a new day. You gotta have faith that your parents or spouse won't murder you in your sleep.

But you have demonstrated yet again to me why it is impossible to ever convince skeptics like you because you are demanding a type of evidence that can not be questioned in any way, shape or form. Well that's not going to happen. We have tons of evidence that man landed on the moon yet people found ways to question if it really happened or was staged.
Are you seriously claiming that flames that look somewhat like a hand are supernatural? Get a grip! It looks to me to be several columns of flame merging into a larger one. Not really that unusual. Is see that all the time on my gas stove burners.

Oooooh look, a miracle!:

Is this your "evidence" that you have been promising for months? If so, you must become a Catholic since the Virgin Mary has been spotted in tortillas throughout Latin America for several decades now.

I'm getting tired of posting the "this is your brain on drugs" commercial, so I won't do it here.

Last edited by Freak80; 12-07-2015 at 11:04 AM..

Old 12-07-2015, 11:45 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,072,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
How do you know they were not Christians? Most movie film crews include people who are Christians.
This.

We also can't discount the fact that, conscious "believers" or not, these people, like the rest of the U.S., have grown up immersed in a culture that does believe in such things, talks about them, celebrates them (holidays), warns against not believing them and against doing things that go against them (Bible), references them in various ways such as "I'll pray for you" or talk about/shows about/stories about angel and the like, has big visible structures (churches)...sometimes one on each street corner depending upon where you live, and on and on, day in and day out, exposure in some form to a cultural religious belief system every single day...unless one lives in a cave. Something "spooky" is the perfect tipping point for bringing all that subconscious programming into the light of day.

As for the mysterious occurrences on the set of the James Bond movie, I can see that as relating to possible psychic or other occurrences, sure, if there's such a thing, but I don't see how they would have to prove there's a God. I have always wondered why people who believe in psychic/supernatural feel there must be a God behind it. If there is, for example, such a thing as ESP, why couldn't it be part of a physical law we haven't uncovered yet? And in that case, why would a god have to have "made" it?

So, it's interesting, but I don't see it as pointing to evidence of God. It gives a heads-up about investigating potentially "supernatural" (as far as current science can ascertain) activity.

But...now I know why you don't show your evidence anymore, Jeff. I am truly not trying to be mean here...I swear I'm not, I mean it's not like I'm never snotty and I will own that, but this time I am being genuine: This is NOT the stuff of anyone's definition of evidence, really. It just isn't. Spooky stories about trucks moving? I have to be 100% honest with you here. It borders on the silly. The reason people doubt what you call evidence isn't because they automatically want to disbelieve the possibility of a god. It's because what you're posting is very National Enquirer-type stuff. I am sorry to say that but it's true.

ETA: "flame hands," that must be what I was thinking of, not sure why I got it mixed up with that popular meme of the devil face at 911.

Old 12-07-2015, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Are you seriously claiming that flames that look somewhat like a hand are supernatural? Get a grip! It looks to me to be several columns of flame merging into a larger one. Not really that unusual. Is see that all the time on my gas stove burners.

Oooooh look, a miracle!:

Is this your "evidence" that you have been promising for months? If so, you must become a Catholic since the Virgin Mary has been spotted in tortillas throughout Latin America for several decades now.

I'm getting tired of posting the "this is your brain on drugs" commercial, so I won't do it here.
See how easily you dismiss it. We got people saying a truck started by itself and drove off and they saw apparitions. Your response? Mockey. And no, that is not all the evidence I claim. I said earlier today that I had presented documented cases of miracle healings.

Listen, all you done is shown me the type of response I would get if I posted my list of evidences..

I am not going to waste my time anymore on this topic.

Old 12-07-2015, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Every single person on the crew was a Christian when Hollywood is typical liberal and anti-Christian? Wow talk about desperation to combat me on every single thing I post.

Old 12-07-2015, 01:16 PM

2,446 posts, read 1,391,395 times
Quote:
See how easily you dismiss it. We got people saying a truck started by itself and drove off and they saw apparitions. Your response? Mockey. And no, that is not all the evidence I claim. I said earlier today that I had presented documented cases of miracle healings.

Listen, all you done is shown me the type of response I would get if I posted my list of evidences..

I am not going to waste my time anymore on this topic.
In other words:

You won't believe pictures of flame hands and people saying that something happened, so therefore I am not going to show you my evidence

You know what this tells us Jeff? It tells us you have no proof, rather, you have personal testimonies and stories. These are not proof. If they were, things like aliens, Bigfoot, Nessie, Black Eyed Kids, MIB, and all sorts of other things would have "proof".

Old 12-07-2015, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
This.

We also can't discount the fact that, conscious "believers" or not, these people, like the rest of the U.S., have grown up immersed in a culture that does believe in such things, talks about them, celebrates them (holidays), warns against not believing them and against doing things that go against them (Bible), references them in various ways such as "I'll pray for you" or talk about/shows about/stories about angel and the like, has big visible structures (churches)...sometimes one on each street corner depending upon where you live, and on and on, day in and day out, exposure in some form to a cultural religious belief system every single day...unless one lives in a cave. Something "spooky" is the perfect tipping point for bringing all that subconscious programming into the light of day.

As for the mysterious occurrences on the set of the James Bond movie, I can see that as relating to possible psychic or other occurrences, sure, if there's such a thing, but I don't see how they would have to prove there's a God. I have always wondered why people who believe in psychic/supernatural feel there must be a God behind it. If there is, for example, such a thing as ESP, why couldn't it be part of a physical law we haven't uncovered yet? And in that case, why would a god have to have "made" it?

So, it's interesting, but I don't see it as pointing to evidence of God. It gives a heads-up about investigating potentially "supernatural" (as far as current science can ascertain) activity.

But...now I know why you don't show your evidence anymore, Jeff. I am truly not trying to be mean here...I swear I'm not, I mean it's not like I'm never snotty and I will own that, but this time I am being genuine: This is NOT the stuff of anyone's definition of evidence, really. It just isn't. Spooky stories about trucks moving? I have to be 100% honest with you here. It borders on the silly. The reason people doubt what you call evidence isn't because they automatically want to disbelieve the possibility of a god. It's because what you're posting is very National Enquirer-type stuff. I am sorry to say that but it's true.

ETA: "flame hands," that must be what I was thinking of, not sure why I got it mixed up with that popular meme of the devil face at 911.

Ok once again, tell me IN DETAIL what qualifies as EVIDENCE? What would convince you? Can you at least do that?????

Of course not.

Old 12-07-2015, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbored View Post
In other words:

You won't believe pictures of flame hands and people saying that something happened, so therefore I am not going to show you my evidence

You know what this tells us Jeff? It tells us you have no proof, rather, you have personal testimonies and stories. These are not proof. If they were, things like aliens, Bigfoot, Nessie, Black Eyed Kids, MIB, and all sorts of other things would have "proof".
In other words, it is impossible to prove anything in life according to you. The atheist fantasy world is maddening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality