Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2015, 04:00 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,138,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
This thread is on its way to being shut down, but I will always fondly recall it as "the testicle thread" ...
Ever since someone posted above that Testicles was a hero in a Greek tragedy and that he had an identical twin brother, I hear it pronounced "test-uh-kleez" in my head every single time I see this thread come back up.

So that's what I think of it as, the test-uh-kleez thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2015, 04:33 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,314,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
No it's impossible to win an argument when the other side has demonstrating 100% an unwillingness to give any Christian even an ounce of credit.
Not true. Wrong again. Speak for yourself.

I get quite a few reps and positive comments from the non-Christians on this board.

You won't post your "evidence" because, as you admit, you want to win an argument. Since you think you can't win and since you've decided no one will meet your terms (an unrealistic expectation on your part).... you refuse to post your "evidence". Had you the evidence you claim and it was PROOF.... you should be anxious to post it.....not complaining about people.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 12-06-2015 at 04:42 PM..

Old 12-06-2015, 06:52 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,316,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Ever since someone posted above that Testicles was a hero in a Greek tragedy and that he had an identical twin brother, I hear it pronounced "test-uh-kleez" in my head every single time I see this thread come back up.

That reminds me of an old joke that I wish I could remember but the punch line was, "Et tu, Fellatio?"

<calmly awaits deletion>

Old 12-06-2015, 09:08 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,966,052 times
Quote:
No it's impossible to win an argument when the other side has demonstrating 100% an unwillingness to give any Christian even an ounce of credit. I've spent years presenting evidence to atheists only to have them spit it back in my face immediately without even fairly considering.

Telling me to just leave because you can't stand that I won't agree with you on evolution doesn't win the argument either. You made your points, and I reject them. Calling me a troll doesn't make you right.
Jeff, why won't you answer the question over in the how you define evidence thread?

Old 12-07-2015, 07:29 AM

2,446 posts, read 1,395,388 times
Quote:
Typical atheist mockery and goading. Your side won't even define what is acceptable evidence!! Too afraid you would be backed into a corner and have to admit God is real.
As I have told you before, many times, I am not an atheist Jeff. If people pushing you to provide the evidence you claim you have is somehow offensive to you, then present your evidence and let's move on. Otherwise, people will keep bringing it up, because it proves what we all know about you: You make claims and can't back them up.

No, Jeff, we are not afraid of being backed into a corner and having to admit God is real. A lot of people on these boards who vehemently disagree with you do, in fact, believe in a god. Maybe not your version, but they are not atheists.

So why hold the evidence back? If it is good evidence, we would accept it. If it is bad evidence, then we won't. It really is that simple. So it seems to be YOU that is afraid Jeff. It seems to be YOU who thinks your evidence is lacking, and won't post it. So stop blaming everyone else.

Old 12-07-2015, 08:20 AM

20,264 posts, read 13,654,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post

Now you have ruined it for me too. Thanks! ;-)

Old 12-07-2015, 08:23 AM

10,103 posts, read 5,777,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbored View Post
As I have told you before, many times, I am not an atheist Jeff. If people pushing you to provide the evidence you claim you have is somehow offensive to you, then present your evidence and let's move on. Otherwise, people will keep bringing it up, because it proves what we all know about you: You make claims and can't back them up.
If you are not an atheist, why are you asking for evidence?

Quote:

No, Jeff, we are not afraid of being backed into a corner and having to admit God is real. A lot of people on these boards who vehemently disagree with you do, in fact, believe in a god. Maybe not your version, but they are not atheists.
Sorry I don't buy it. The tone and majority of threads here are anti-Christian, anti-God, anti-Bible and anti-religion. All you are doing is trying to employ the lone wolf strategy.

Quote:

So why hold the evidence back? If it is good evidence, we would accept it. If it is bad evidence, then we won't. It really is that simple. So it seems to be YOU that is afraid Jeff. It seems to be YOU who thinks your evidence is lacking, and won't post it. So stop blaming everyone else.
I haven't held the evidence back. I've presented it to atheists before, and it didn't phase them. I even presented evidence of miracle healings verified by doctors and backed up by photo evidence. Was it considered for one second? Of course not. They retreated to their "well it wasn't published in a medical journal" escape route.

No one here has shown me that they are any different. I have good evidence, but only for people who truly want to seek God and truth.

Old 12-07-2015, 08:32 AM

6,542 posts, read 4,112,844 times
Quote:
No it's impossible to win an argument when the other side has demonstrating 100% an unwillingness to give any Christian even an ounce of credit. I've spent years presenting evidence to atheists only to have them spit it back in my face immediately without even fairly considering.

Telling me to just leave because you can't stand that I won't agree with you on evolution doesn't win the argument either. You made your points, and I reject them. Calling me a troll doesn't make you right.
The 'other side' being the side the accepts the science behind evolution is made up of a combination of various faiths, including Christians. To say the 'other side,' which you dishonestly claim is just atheists, don't give Christians any credibility is completely in correct.

To say you've spent years showing off this evidence to atheists is also meaningless to me. Atheists don't all meet up at an annual baby eating conference or whatever you think atheists do to talk about theists who attempt to disprove evolution. And even if that did happen, since I don't identify as an atheist, I wouldn't be invited, so I assure you, I haven't yet heard that evidence.

And yes, I can call you a troll. Coming here talking about evidence then not sharing it for absurd reasons is trolling. If you're going to come into this thread, contribute. If you're not, leave. I'm not asking you to leave becasue you won't agree with me; I'm asking you to leave because you won't contribute in a constructive way. I'm happy to invite theists who want to discuss their evidence regarding this topic, but if they aren't here to do that, then they're not helpful to the discussion and thus just taking up space. There's no need for that here.

Old 12-07-2015, 08:45 AM

2,446 posts, read 1,395,388 times
Quote:

Sorry I don't buy it. The tone and majority of threads here are anti-Christian, anti-God, anti-Bible and anti-religion. All you are doing is trying to employ the lone wolf strategy.

I haven't held the evidence back. I've presented it to atheists before, and it didn't phase them. I even presented evidence of miracle healings verified by doctors and backed up by photo evidence. Was it considered for one second? Of course not. They retreated to their "well it wasn't published in a medical journal" escape route.

No one here has shown me that they are any different. I have good evidence, but only for people who truly want to seek God and truth.
I am a thinking man, Jeff. I want to learn new things. I want to see evidence for all sorts of things. Please, enlighten me of what this "proof" is.

Don't buy what? I simply said that not everyone here who disagrees with you is an atheist. There are many of them who do believe in God, just not your version. And why would we be "afraid" to learn that there is a god? I guess I could flip it around on you, and say that the reason you deny any and all evidence AGAINST your beliefs is because you are AFRAID of having to admit that your religion may not be correct.

You have held it back on this very thread. Saying "other people didn't believe it, so I'm not showing it to you", is just a cop out. Saying that you have good evidence, but it is only good to those who are seeking God, tells me that your evidence must not be very good. If it requires a confirmation bias to believe it, it certainly isn't evidence or proof.

Old 12-07-2015, 08:49 AM

18,543 posts, read 9,237,039 times
Quote:
Yeah, there are only two possibilities: Christian and atheist.

"We've got both kinds of music. Country and Western."
-- waitress at Bob's Country Bunker

Quote:

The only "evidence" I remember getting from you was a few stories about unexplained phenomena.

Unexplained phenomena are everywhere. The unknown is not evidence for supernatural beings. In other words, ignorance is not evidence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality