Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2016, 07:48 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,738,332 times

Advertisements

Don't let Arach bother you. He has pigeonholed you as an Atheist and therefore in his view an atheist fundamentalist extremist. So he is now trying to force on you agendas, attitudes and biases whether you like it or not, in order to confirm his own personal bias. I don't know what his beef is with us; he calls himself an atheist, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2016, 07:52 AM

4,851 posts, read 2,285,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Don't let Arach Bother you.He has pigeonholed you as an Atheist and therefore in his view an atheist fundamentalist extremist. So he is now trying to force on you agendas, attitudes and biases whether you like it or not, inn order to confirm his bias. I don't know what his beef is with us.

Oh I figured out AA a long time ago . He's cut from the same cloth as Mystics protege, and no more competent than him .

Old 06-20-2016, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
Oh I figured out AA a long time ago . He's cut from the same cloth as Mystics protege, and no more competent than him .
And there was I thinking I was so perspicacious.

Old 06-20-2016, 09:42 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,587,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Don't let Arach bother you. He has pigeonholed you as an Atheist and therefore in his view an atheist fundamentalist extremist. So he is now trying to force on you agendas, attitudes and biases whether you like it or not, in order to confirm his own personal bias. I don't know what his beef is with us; he calls himself an atheist, too.
yeah, the facts have a way of pigeonholing people. some people get very upset when facts get in the way of an opinion. They get downright hostile when one can't be bullied into believing the personal, emotional, opinion isn't even that great when analyzed objectively.

I think the term is fundy-stupid, or fundy, maybe funny-mental, err, I forget, but you know.

Old 06-20-2016, 09:48 AM

Quote:

lol, you can't figure out that some of us are not milli-mental-minded. and it bothers you. We won't hurt the middle man just because some fundy-mental atheist tells us to.

It's that simple.

you guys are about self validation, you need the head nods and not interested in "how the universe works".

Now, if you wanna stop name calling and stick with observations, you let know. But I will insist that you know about the science. Emotional opinions are nice and all, but they just are not my specialty.

Old 06-20-2016, 09:56 AM

Quote:
There is no agenda , just a straightforward question . Either a poster has the courage to take it as asked and answer, or they do not and they make mealy mouth posts in response rather than simply answering the question .

To illustrate , let me answer the flipped question . Yes, I can understand theists finding a reason to be theist . That doesn't mean I agree with their evidence, but I can understand how people can come to that belief .

It's not a trick question , just one that requires a little honesty from those asked , which seems to be in short supply with a couple of posters .

Yes, I get it. You are into head nods of approval for self validation. I really do get it.
Remember, to 85% of the people, 15% of the people seem foolish.

your "honest" means agree with you.
What you know isnt enough to counter some valid claims.

Old 06-20-2016, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
lol, you can't figure out that some of us are not milli-mental-minded. and it bothers you. We won't hurt the middle man just because some fundy-mental atheist tells us to.

It's that simple.

you guys are about self validation, you need the head nods and not interested in "how the universe works".

Now, if you wanna stop name calling and stick with observations, you let know. But I will insist that you know about the science. Emotional opinions are nice and all, but they just are not my specialty.
If you had any sense at all you would grasp that just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't make them an atheist . Nor have I ever accused you of any certain position, so you just make this nonsense up.

As for the rest, you make less sense than usual .

Either participate by answering questions or disappear and let other do so. Doesn't matter to me . Your rambling nonsense gets old thread after thread .

Old 06-20-2016, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
yeah, the facts have a way of pigeonholing people. some people get very upset when facts get in the way of an opinion. They get downright hostile when one can't be bullied into believing the personal, emotional, opinion isn't even that great when analyzed objectively.

I think the term is fundy-stupid, or fundy, maybe funny-mental, err, I forget, but you know.
Indeed, and I agree. This really belongs of the 'being right' thread, but people get heated when their personal beliefs are coming under pressure.

Now, when was the last time you got shirty...ah yes, when I explained how I had sussed you out.. Mind, you recovered well. I was impressed by that

In case you were wondering, the last time I lost it was on an evolution thread - not because the bod was arguing well, but because he ran away claiming he'd won.

Quote:
If you had any sense at all you would grasp that just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't make them an atheist . Nor have I ever accused you of any certain position, so you just make this nonsense up.

As for the rest, you make less sense than usual .

Either participate by answering questions or disappear and let other do so. Doesn't matter to me . Your rambling nonsense gets old thread after thread .
He's on the duck hunt again. It doesn't matter. If these militant - bashers come up with valid points, we take it on board. or should. If not...let them fume and rave. It makes no odds to us.

Old 06-20-2016, 12:16 PM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,709,672 times
Quote:
It is important to reiterate that you are ill-suited to determine who is or is not contributing appropriately to the discussion. You're not getting your way - reasonable people are disagreeing with what you wish was the only truth - so you are behaving in a belligerent and abusive manner perhaps to make yourself and your comments seem more important than they are. Meanwhile, Arach Angle is serving a very valuable purpose in this discussion, ensuring you don't have an unrebutted soapbox for self-ratifying nonsense. I'd do it myself, as well, but between leading worship over the weekend, and heading to the annual meeting of our church's national association this week, I cannot do my part.

Regardless, you've set the tone for replies to your claptrap with the tone of your claptrap, so complaining about the righteous repudiation of your comments now is ridiculous.

Old 06-20-2016, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
It is important to reiterate that you are ill-suited to determine who is or is not contributing appropriately to the discussion. You're not getting your way - reasonable people are disagreeing with what you wish was the only truth - so you are behaving in a belligerent and abusive manner perhaps to make yourself and your comments seem more important than they are. Meanwhile, Arach Angle is serving a very valuable purpose in this discussion, ensuring you don't have an unrebutted soapbox for self-ratifying nonsense. I'd do it myself, as well, but between leading worship over the weekend, and heading to the annual meeting of our church's national association this week, I cannot do my part.

Regardless, you've set the tone for replies to your claptrap with the tone of your claptrap, so complaining about the righteous repudiation of your comments now is ridiculous.
Geez dude , grow the hell up and put your whiny little grudge behind you .

Let's do this . Back up what you claim with facts . Where have I said my way is the only way ? I have asked here if theists can't understand why some do not believe . How is that claiming my way is the only way ?

I tire of your mindless drivel and lies . Back up your statements or STHU .

Last edited by wallflash; 06-20-2016 at 12:53 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality