Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2016, 01:47 PM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,704,652 times

Advertisements

And Finn_Jarber isn't scared.

And Mike555 isn't pompous and arrogant.

Who else have you churlishly insulted solely because you disagree with them and cannot manage to agree to disagree maturely?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2016, 01:52 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,283,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
And Finn_Jarber isn't scared.

Who else have you churlishly insulted solely because you disagree with them and cannot manage to agree to disagree maturely?

So yet again you choose not to support your claims ?

How many times can a guy run and hide from the fact he can't support his own words ? We'll just have to count your posts I guess .

Old 06-20-2016, 01:54 PM
bUU

And ukrkoz was paying attention. The poster just disagreed with you.

So the real question is how long until you realize that you're building up a body of evidence that your response to any disagreement is directing childish nonsense at the people you disagree with?

Old 06-20-2016, 02:01 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,379,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
I wonder whether 'faith' has a therapeutic effect?
Do you know much about meditation and 'mindfulness'?
Well, it has been shown that mindfulness actually stimulates the growth of new neurons.
It alerts the mind and improves memory and cognitive functions.
So, maybe there is something like that going on?
That made me laugh, 303Guy.
I've been meditating for over 40 years...hours and hrs and hrs and hrs and hrs a sitting.
My memory is so bad, my cognitive functions are nil...and alcohol and drugs got rid
of most of my neurons...doesn't matter how many could grow back.
Of course, I do not do 'mindfulness' meditation.
Never could figure our why anyone would want to
pay any attention, at all, to their mind; I think it is a Buddhist thing...
I practice Raja Yoga... more of a Hindu tradition.

I haven't posted here in awhile, I would like to reiterate...I believe someone should
'know and directly experience ' God...not have a blind faith.
I think atheists and agnostics are very honest with themselves....if they can not attune themselves
to the subtle unseen...so be it.
It's honest...I can't attune myself to astrophysics....so...

Old 06-20-2016, 02:02 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,283,690 times
Quote:

So the real question is how long until you realize that you're building up a body of evidence that your response to any disagreement is directing childish nonsense at the people you disagree with?

You want to know how I would have defended myself against the accusation of inventing lies ? By simply quoting the words the poster said that I thought was a lie , and let the discussion continue from there . But since you are unable to do this, you choose this route instead .

Ah well, when it's all you have and you cant actually prove what you lied about....,

Old 06-20-2016, 02:03 PM

2,446 posts, read 1,386,666 times
Quote:

Obviously he/she wasn't, since he/she attributed something to wallflash that he did not say. Maybe you are the one who needs to be told to pay attention.

Old 06-20-2016, 02:06 PM

23,148 posts, read 10,445,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
Hannibal the wisdom and vision you have are valuable beyond measure and are not taught or available in any classroom.

Your killing me here with my big head gonna explode, you will have me start whipping my self saying,'' Sinful, vain man that you are, take that.''

''Wicked, wicked''

Thanks, lol, now that you have spread your net.

Old 06-20-2016, 02:08 PM
bUU

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbored View Post
Obviously he/she wasn't, since he/she attributed something to wallflash that he did not say. Maybe you are the one who needs to be told to pay attention.
There's a difference between making a mistaken attribution and categorically not paying attention. Regardless, my point was how incredibly often the poster resorts to rude insulting behavior when faced with reasonable people who disagree with him. I'm sure if it were worth the time and effort (it isn't) I could dig up a dozen more examples. That pattern of behavior is more relevant than what the poster is actually saying, and will continue to be so until the poster begins behaving in a more mature manner. That kind of behavior is chilling to the discussion. How many casual posters won't post because of such behavior being deemed acceptable? It is important to make clear that such behavior is not acceptable.

Old 06-20-2016, 02:18 PM

2,446 posts, read 1,386,666 times
Quote:
There's a difference between making a mistaken attribution and categorically not paying attention. Regardless, my point was how incredibly often the poster resorts to rude insulting behavior when faced with reasonable people who disagree with him. I'm sure if it were worth the time and effort (it isn't) I could dig up a dozen more examples. That pattern of behavior is more relevant than what the poster is actually saying, and will continue to be so until the poster begins behaving in a more mature manner. That kind of behavior is chilling to the discussion. How many casual posters won't post because of such behavior being deemed acceptable? It is important to make clear that such behavior is not acceptable.
I hear what you are saying, but you don't know whether it was purposeful or not. Maybe wallflash has had several run ins with the poster before, and the poster tends to do that. In that case, it would be fair to say that the poster is either not paying attention, or the poster is willfully misrepresenting what is said. Either way, why should that not be pointed out? Those same "casual posters" should know what type of people they are dealing with.

Now, I am not saying that is the case, as I am not wallflash, but it certainly could be.

Old 06-20-2016, 02:19 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,379,197 times
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel
...faith is focusing ones attention on god
in every moment,
in every situation,
in every circumstance...
__________________________________________________ __-

You know I love ya, Tzap...but I disagree.

Focusing one's attention on God every moment...is, well, focusing on God every moment.
It has nothing to do with faith, per se.
Faith is a belief in something you have not seen...it could be used more often with the
word 'blind' faith...don't get me wrong.. it is a sweet thing!

(I digressed here into expounding on my opinion of 'focus'):

One can NOT focus on anything they have not known, seen or experienced for themselves.
Otherwise it is like focusing on a photo of a puppy...that you have never met!
You are really not focusing on the actual puppy, but the 'idea' and stories of the puppy.
And that is sweet, also...and has it's bennies.

Focus on God every moment is the natural result of love...the infatuation, obsession
and addiction one
has once one has experienced this Divine Being, the One, the All That Is, directly and intimately.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality