Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2017, 09:09 PM

2,309 posts, read 902,933 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredNotBob View Post
You asked for a Christian that hates gays. You didn't ask for someone that everyone likes.
A Christian in the general sense. I thought that was understood in context.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2017, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
What really astounds me is the casual manner in which so many Christians speak of hell ...a supposed literal place of eternal suffering for most of humanity ...as being a part of normal, rational thinking. Whatever I may agree or disagree with when debating a Christian, as soon as they mention hell I lose interest in whatever else they might have to say.

I somehow doubt that Maccabee 2A will understand what you mean.

Yes, 'God hates the sin, not the sinner' would have to rank as one of the most stupid catch-cries of mainstream Christianity.
How is it stupid?

Old 04-02-2017, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Neither of which points to homosexual relations as being "sin" in themselves, but to profligacy and abuse. You always conflate the two because the simple fact is that you have nothing to show that a homosexual relationship is harmful in itself any more than is a heterosexual relationship with the very real possibility of profligacy and/or abuse.
Homosexuals have a near %100 infidelity rate so comparing it to a heterosexual marriage is faulty. Aside from that but homosexual relationships have more domestic violence than regular marriages.

Old 04-02-2017, 10:13 PM

63,833 posts, read 40,118,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccabee 2A View Post
Homosexuals have a near %100 infidelity rate so comparing it to a heterosexual marriage is faulty. Aside from that but homosexual relationships have more domestic violence than regular marriages.
This completely ignores the negative societal milieu in which current gay relationships must occur. That is no more reasonable than comparing normal human behavior with what occurs among criminals operating outside the law and normal society.

Old 04-02-2017, 10:52 PM

1,807 posts, read 1,892,928 times
Quote:
A Christian in the general sense. I thought that was understood in context.
??

What does 'Christian in the general sense' even mean?

Besides, you're moving the goalposts. You asked to be shown 'a Christian that hates gays', and I showed you one.

Wiggly words and confusing definitions aside, I gave you what you asked for.

Old 04-02-2017, 11:35 PM

6,797 posts, read 2,913,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV
Yes, 'God hates the sin, not the sinner' would have to rank as one of the most stupid catch-cries of mainstream Christianity.
Quote:
How is it stupid?
A couple of reasons. First, since EVERYONE is a sinner (according to the The Bible) who is therefore worthy to define who is a sinner? Is it more a case of 'I believe their sin is worse than my sin' ...? Two, how can one possibly target the sin without striking the sinner in the crossfire?

Besides, it's just a catch-cry ...Christians just parrot the expression without even thinking about what it might mean.

Old 04-03-2017, 05:07 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,947,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
So, basically Paul is talking about profligacy, hedonism and idolatry. Do you see anyone advocating that here? No, we are advocating for a committed relationship free mof that profligacy that ALSO infects heterosexual practices.
Yeah, Nate, you people are always are on stand by with semantics to conform the Bible to your desires. There's always some way around the Truth with you false teachers.

Old 04-03-2017, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
So you freely admit that you don't do your own thinking???

Wow, an honest fundamentalist! Also the reason no one takes you seriously. You are nothing more than a puppet for your pastor/preacher/whatever. Sorry sc, but those of us who have a mind and use it will never take you are your nonsense seriously.
Lucifer is a free thinker too.

Old 04-03-2017, 05:11 AM

15,864 posts, read 6,333,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Lucifer is a free thinker too.
Fables Mr. Graham, fables. You were warned.

Old 04-03-2017, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
What the heck is 'the way of the flesh?
By asking that question you prove that you're not of God and ignorant of His way.

Romans 8
12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality