Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2017, 11:25 AM

4,466 posts, read 1,614,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
A person is denying Jesus by attending a gay marriage. Jesus said:

Matthew 10
34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.
37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.
Sounds like your version of God has an over inflated ego. Sorry bub, but I love my family a whole lot more than some God who can't even be bothered to show himself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2017, 11:30 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,957,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's

[color=navy][color=#000000]
I would agree. If someone said to you, "I hate who you are!", would you not think they hated you? Being gay isn't like stealing or murder. You aren't born a thief or murderer, you are born gay. They are different, and anyone with a rational thought in their body can see that.
A person chooses to act on their desire to take someone's belongings (a thief), and a person chooses to act on their desire for the same sex (homosexuality); it's all a choice to engage in these behaviors.

Old 03-28-2017, 11:32 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,953,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccabee 2A View Post
The sin is gay sex. First off the Bible only mentions it a few times. It's our modern culture that makes it so relevant. If murder was acceptable in our society you'll see people quoting verses about murder is wrong. That being said one of the reasons why is homosexuality such a high crime in the Bible is because (1) they are the main contractees of STDs and (2) homosexuality of that day especially often involved underaged boys.
Neither of which points to homosexual relations as being "sin" in themselves, but to profligacy and abuse. You always conflate the two because the simple fact is that you have nothing to show that a homosexual relationship is harmful in itself any more than is a heterosexual relationship with the very real possibility of profligacy and/or abuse.

Old 03-28-2017, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
Sounds like your version of God has an over inflated ego. Sorry bub, but I love my family a whole lot more than some God who can't even be bothered to show himself.
Sorry, but I don't listen to strangers. Jesus has all wisdom and knowledge, so I listen to Him.

Old 03-28-2017, 02:40 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,343,647 times
Quote:
Sorry, but I don't listen to strangers. Jesus has all wisdom and knowledge, so I listen to Him.

Would not the verses you quoted work the same for heterosexual marriages as well as SS ones?

Old 03-28-2017, 03:27 PM

Quote:
You don't listen to strangers? Have you ever met Jesus outside of your head? No? Yet you worship and follow him, this stranger.

If you love your invisible friend more than your living breathing family, it just shows what a terrible person you truly are. Are you a JW by chance? You certainly sound like a member of that..... group.

Last edited by ImissThe90's; 03-28-2017 at 03:45 PM.. Reason: made less divisive

Old 03-29-2017, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
You don't listen to strangers? Have you ever met Jesus outside of your head? No? Yet you worship and follow him, this stranger.

If you love your invisible friend more than your living breathing family, it just shows what a terrible person you truly are. Are you a JW by chance? You certainly sound like a member of that..... group.
You speak foolishly, as one without knowledge of matters outside your preconceived notions. Jesus is alive, not dead as you suppose.

Old 03-29-2017, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Would not the verses you quoted work the same for heterosexual marriages as well as SS ones?
God does not accept same sex marriages; that's man's doings.

Old 03-29-2017, 07:09 AM

Quote:
You speak foolishly, as one without knowledge of matters outside your preconceived notions. Jesus is alive, not dead as you suppose.
Sure, sure. I am the fool, yet you are the one talking to yourself and hoping for reward in the afterlife. You are the one thinking the way to do so is by treating others as garbage here in the present (You know, the only thing we know for sure is real?). You are the one without the ability to think for yourself, and instead rely on an old book and others to tell you how to think.

No, I don't think I am the fool here scgraham.

Old 03-29-2017, 12:02 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,953,864 times
Quote:
Entirely true, and His influence is discernable in the way we demonstrate the love He taught. It's really the way we can tell whether anyone has actually MET him or just the doctrines he has been taught by men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality