Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2017, 10:26 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,917,022 times

Advertisements

There is all kinds of evidence/proof that the bible is the inspired and dictated word of the one true God. There are whole books on the subject, if someone is genuinely interested.
For example, the Bible is full of prophecies that were fulfillment hundreds of years later. Some still being fulfilled today. That alone speaks for divine authorship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2017, 10:37 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,088,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Single cell amoebas that evolved into life as we know it..from the primordial soup.
And you get yourself into an infinite loop. Keep on going. What came before the primordial soup, what came before that, and what came before that, before that, before that, before that, before that .......... ∞

... till you realize that whoever started it all, was ALWAYS there. Otherwise it wasn't the start.

And whatever came first, could have not created himself. You can't create yourself if you don't exist.

Old 05-17-2017, 11:35 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,580,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
And you get yourself into an infinite loop. Keep on going. What came before the primordial soup, what came before that, and what came before that, before that, before that, before that, before that .......... ∞

... till you realize that whoever started it all, was ALWAYS there. Otherwise it wasn't the start.

And whatever came first, could have not created himself. You can't create yourself if you don't exist.
there is no infinite loop if we just assume our universe is the first. I am not sure why that is os offensive when we just don't know.

is nothing for ever more freaky then something for ever to you? Both freak me out to the point of locking up.

Old 05-17-2017, 11:51 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,112,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
Using faith, is there anything that cannot be believed?
Sure- people that don't believe in God- I don't put much stock in their opinions.

Old 05-17-2017, 11:57 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times
Well, so far, we have had appeal to Faith, science in he Bible, loads of books claiming it is true and as irrelevant appeal to first cause. Do any of the believers have anything valid for the Bible being inspired by God?

P.s my post 10 pretty much demolished those Truth in the Bible claims. But Blind faith is blind indeed.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 05-17-2017 at 12:11 PM..

Old 05-17-2017, 12:05 PM

2,186 posts, read 1,171,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
Sure- people that don't believe in God- I don't put much stock in their opinions.
You really should sit and fully read the Bible with the same honest scrutiny you would reading the Koran or other religion that makes extraordinary claims. And, while doing so, ask yourself as you go, does this reflect the god I imagine. There are billions of other humans that will say the exact same thing you are saying about another god.

Old 05-17-2017, 12:08 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,580,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
why?

the reason we don't believe is because of the traits you assign that thing of yours. So I am a little confused by your stock selections.

Old 05-17-2017, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
there is no infinite loop if we just assume our universe is the first. I am not sure why that is os offensive when we just don't know.

is nothing for ever more freaky then something for ever to you? Both freak me out to the point of locking up.
so ALL of universe and whatever is in it came from nothing? Big bang started it all?

Old 05-17-2017, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Well, so far, we have had appeal to Faith, science in he Bible, loads of books claiming it is true and as irrelevant appeal to first cause. Do any of the believers have anything valid for the Bible being inspired by God?

P.s my post 10 pretty much demolished those Truth in the Bible claims. But Blind faith is blind indeed.
Has anyone found proof/evidence of YOUR liking in the last 2000 years? No.

Why would you expect anyone do it now?

It's been 2000 years now.
If there was already a proof of your liking found by someone before us, then you wouldn't be an Atheist, would you?

I think 2000 years is good sample, to realize that the proof of your liking not there.

Old 05-17-2017, 02:19 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,734,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post

If we had video footage of the Hand of God touching the Bible, and I bet that you would claim the video was a fake. There is simply no evidence to satisfy someone of your mindset. Satan has you living in deception which is really sad. Your post 10 is a lot of fluff that can't withhold much scrutiny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality