Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2018, 08:18 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,203,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
What are your reasons for what you think?
Reasons you cannot understand.

Starting with the ability to reason.

Quote:
It is such a comfort to have someone in the forum smarter than God.
All but fundies are smarter than the OT godling.

Quote:
BTW gods cant do anything. They are figments of the imagination.
Yours certainly is.

Quote:
What was God's reason for destroying some people?

Unless you know, you are judging God without all of the facts. I that an honest thing to do?
An Omni-Everything godling worthy of a capital "G" would have no reason for destroying anyone, or anything, except immature, psychotic petulance.

And those who defend it are worthy of nothing but contempt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2018, 09:15 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,750,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccabee 2A View Post
Actually I didn't said anything in#100. That wasn't me. In fact, I don't think I said anything until at most 2 pages back.

Ah you're right. I confused you with Matthew 4.4. Sorry.

Old 05-18-2018, 09:39 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,014,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Biblegod IS evidently a monster, and while this may be off topic, that is the way the debate is going.

Looking back your #100 trotted out the "Book of Life" as evidence for God, which is a horse that doesn't run at all.
you tried to bolster this with your opinion that "God is in control" (#108) which drops you right in it, saying that God is the 'manager'.
#110 tried to shift the blame to the players by the "Free Will" excuse and you rammed this hole with post #149 which blamed men for everything, which you analogy was trying to prove was true, but it in fact showed the opposite. So it's a bit late for you to try to field the "Off Topic" evasion to try to wriggle out of it.

I do love it when you people get caught in you own rat - trap and start frantically trying to gnaw your way out
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccabee 2A View Post
Actually I didn't said anything in#100. That wasn't me. In fact, I don't think I said anything until at most 2 pages back.
Quote:
Ah you're right. I confused you with Matthew 4.4. Sorry.
I do love it when you people get caught in you own rat - trap and start frantically trying to gnaw your way out.

Too funny.

Old 05-19-2018, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post

All but fundies are smarter than the OT godling.

Sometimes I envy the irreligious Theists - they can get away with saying stuff that an atheists can't risk saying. You '*I'm agnostic - but not religious" types don't have to deal with the bad rap of being Atheist.

Old 05-19-2018, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
I do love it when you people get caught in you own rat - trap and start frantically trying to gnaw your way out.

Too funny.
Thank you old mate, but (like a lot of my quips) it isn't original. It comes from "The Bell Murders" (q.v) ("The rat knows that it is caught and begins to gnaw at the trap")

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 05-19-2018 at 05:37 AM..

Old 05-19-2018, 05:06 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,014,922 times
Quote:
Sometimes I envy the irreligious Theists - they can get away with saying stuff that an atheists can't risk saying. You '*I'm agnostic - but not religious" types don't have to deal with the bad rap of being Atheist.
Everyone is welcomed to bash fundamentalism.

Old 05-19-2018, 08:12 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,203,094 times
Quote:
I've been called an atheist by jeffie alone, more times than I can count. So, even we kind, gentle, polite animistic pagans get tarred by the atheistic brush.

I consider it a compliment.

Last edited by mensaguy; 05-25-2018 at 04:19 PM.. Reason: fixed quote

Old 05-19-2018, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Quote:
I've been called an atheist by jeffie alone, more times than I can count. So, even we kind, gentle, polite animistic pagans get tarred by the atheistic brush.

I consider it a compliment.
I consider it a compliment that you consider it a compliment.

Last edited by mensaguy; 05-25-2018 at 04:20 PM.. Reason: fixed quote

Old 05-19-2018, 10:36 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,657,729 times
Quote:
Further proof that Pantheism ( ALL = GOD) is the "Do All" ideology!
"ALL" certainly meets any requirements for being assigned the title "God"... with no hocus-pocus, religious baggage, or tithing required.
And it frees one from having to be saddled with the illogical position of Atheism.
It is not very reasonable to claim there is no God when there is a self-substantiating entity that comports definitively as God, and unequivocally and irrefutably exists. Insistence upon redacting and excising the known definition of " G-O-D" to be limited to just religious deities and mythological characters, make some Atheists demonstrate an even more unreasonable and close-minded attitude on the issue.

Old 05-19-2018, 12:31 PM

Excellent. Then since we all seem to be on Your page, (as you seem to think) you can save your fingers and our patience by not having to tell us so with tiresome regularity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality