Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2018, 02:31 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,657,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Excellent. Then since we all seem to be on Your page, (as you seem to think) you can save your fingers and our patience by not having to tell us so with tiresome regularity.
I just gave you a long break!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2018, 03:12 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,594,064 times
Quote:
Sometimes I envy the irreligious Theists - they can get away with saying stuff that an atheists can't risk saying. You '*I'm agnostic - but not religious" types don't have to deal with the bad rap of being Atheist.
that's what I been saying to you since day one. You are bound to a statement of belief. You have to make the universe fit into your denomination's statement of belief magic box.

We, the regular atheists, are bound to observation, logic, reason, and common sense. We form a belief on what science finds. You form a belief on what you want.

you have it easier.

Old 05-19-2018, 08:16 PM

3,805 posts, read 3,002,351 times
What is really interesting is someone can read ans study "the book", and still remain unconvinced and unconverted.
Just like Professor Francesca Stavrakapoulou.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q46tjUQatgI

Old 05-19-2018, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
Further proof that Pantheism ( ALL = GOD) is the "Do All" ideology!
"ALL" certainly meets any requirements for being assigned the title "God"... with no hocus-pocus, religious baggage, or tithing required.
And it frees one from having to be saddled with the illogical position of Atheism.
It is not very reasonable to claim there is no God when there is a self-substantiating entity that comports definitively as God, and unequivocally and irrefutably exists. Insistence upon redacting and excising the known definition of " G-O-D" to be limited to just religious deities and mythological characters, make some Atheists demonstrate an even more unreasonable and close-minded attitude on the issue.
I think Matt Slick, founder of CARM, now describes his daughter Rachel as a "Pantheist" as opposed to an Atheist.
It really is a vague description of faith.

Old 05-19-2018, 08:24 PM

Worthy of it's own thread, how do people like this ever get to know "the book"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEsNc1HXoYc&t=289s

This is very similar question to the thread in the Christian Forums about the Native American peoples.

Old 05-19-2018, 09:09 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,203,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek41 View Post
I think Matt Slick, founder of CARM, now describes his daughter Rachel as a "Pantheist" as opposed to an Atheist.

Matt "The Oil" Slick will call his daughter anything in order to avoid calling himself what he is: a terrible father and a disgrace to Christianity.

Old 05-19-2018, 10:08 PM

Quote:
I have faith that "ALL THAT EXISTS", actually does.
I may be wrong, and this is all just a simulation... but I have faith it isn't. But since nothing is infallible... everything we think we "know" is just our faith in the veracity of the info or data. Cuz, you can never be sure.
" ALL" certainly comports definitively as "God"... and merits the title.

Old 05-20-2018, 05:23 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,744,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
I just gave you a long break!

Do you expect a rep for not wasting our time for a time?

Old 05-20-2018, 05:29 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,744,698 times
Quote:
What is really interesting is someone can read ans study "the book", and still remain unconvinced and unconverted.
Just like Professor Francesca Stavrakapoulou.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q46tjUQatgI
This is her Subject, and I guess that she knows what she is talking about. I'll also report that it is said that those who go to Bible colleges and seminaries to study the Bible come out knowing that it is false, but by then they are stuck. The have no training but in preaching a book they know isn't true, and the believers may check up the membership of the 'Clergy project' while they are about it.

I'll also repeat that Prof. Stavrakopulous is a great asset to atheism, but it is heartbreaking to see her bashing those who are trying to correct the religious prejudices that she complains of. because (I suspect) she fears that the Book that is the centre of her life and work will be relegated to the mythology shelf.

She isn't the only one - I have seen a couple of others who get 'angry' with attacks on the Bible, just because it isn't true.

Old 05-20-2018, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Do you expect a rep for not wasting our time for a time?
No, I don't.You should Rep yourselves for managing to cope without my great wisdom and guidance.
"Waste of time" is subjective.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality