Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2018, 12:15 PM

5,462 posts, read 3,036,920 times

Advertisements

From knowledge of Book to whether God is good or bad.

And Police is not God, Police fixes the appointment with God for ciriminals .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2018, 12:26 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,020,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Honestly...you have your mind made up and have determined in your mind that you know best. Nothing can be said to change your mind. Certainly not facts.
Let me know when you have some of these "facts" you refer to and we'll see.

Old 05-17-2018, 12:32 PM

50,822 posts, read 24,335,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
In the time that I've been on this forum, scientific facts have been laid out for you dozens of times by many posters. There's no sense of any of us posting facts for you, because you ignore facts and rely on faith. When I start seeing you accepting some real science, then we might be able to discuss something.

But you seem to like to throw out insults, but dislike it when the exact same thing is said to you. Perhaps you should reconsider the Golden Rule.

Old 05-17-2018, 12:49 PM

Quote:
In the time that I've been on this forum, scientific facts have been laid out for you dozens of times by many posters. There's no sense of any of us posting facts for you, because you ignore facts and rely on faith. When I start seeing you accepting some real science, then we might be able to discuss something.

But you seem to like to throw out insults, but dislike it when the exact same thing is said to you. Perhaps you should reconsider the Golden Rule.
Weren't you the one that accused me of being a Roy Moore supporter (I'm not, btw) and then ignored me? Why are you now following me?

Old 05-17-2018, 01:04 PM

50,822 posts, read 24,335,838 times
Quote:
Weren't you the one that accused me of being a Roy Moore supporter (I'm not, btw) and then ignored me? Why are you now following me?
Because I decided to speak up against ignorance and prejudice.

Old 05-17-2018, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Wow. What a blessing to me.

Old 05-17-2018, 01:34 PM

5,462 posts, read 3,036,920 times
Quote:
I see you are an equally fundie, because since Buddhism doesnt have God, you chose to oppose Bible and Qoran Gods, than the notion of God.

Old 05-17-2018, 05:46 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times
Quote:
Not really. Just been around long enough to know that I can't make a person believe. If you're dead set on something, that's just the way it's going to be.
It's still an excuse as to why you can't produce any decent arguments: 'atheists will never accept any evidence'.

Why not produce some an see? I accepted a lot of good argument - Pilate could be both Prefect and procurator (Pneuma) Jesus' 'out of the mouths of babes and sucklings' (quoted from the Septuagint and different from the OT quote) could have been (see the dead sea scrolls) the version Jesus was familiar with in his life (Mike 555). And the second account of Creation can perhaps be reconciled with the first. That might have been one of yours. We accept valid arguments. We just don't see many of them.

We, on the other hand, produce many valid arguments, and the believers just don't listen. Now, you tell us, who are the closed -minded ones?

Quote:
Well, how about the Fact that Christians use Humanist morality in judging whether God's deeds are good and should be praised or bad and have to be blamed on someone else?

As I recall I have never had any kind of response to that. Neither to refute it or - if they can't - to accept it. But we get 'no morality without God' all the time.

Old 05-17-2018, 05:52 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times
Quote:
Wow. What a blessing to me.
It is -if only you would see it.

Old 05-17-2018, 11:38 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,170,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccabee 2A View Post
He's not a monster.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccabee 2A View Post
Because he isn't a monster and this is off topic.

Your god could have sacrificed a son, but instead he chose to create a flood to wipe out everyone.

When he figures out sacrificing his "only begotten son" -- which is hysterical in and of itself since a god can always create another son -- doesn't work, what will he do next?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality