Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2018, 01:32 PM

36 posts, read 14,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
While I, in no way, am saying (or feeling) that you NEED to believe in God, it's starting to seem that you are needing me not to.
Again, I care about what's true and not true, and you seem to be butt-hurt about it. You guys believe that God has guided your life, and I pointed out that it *could've easily been* a psychological effect using Occam's Razor (given that we have objective evidence for such psychological effects), and if you keep appeal to emotion then it's YOU who are refusing to discuss.

If I ever wished to insult you, I could've just said ''nah nah nah believers are stupid''.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2018, 01:33 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,591,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
I'll add an offer of my own.

I have on my computer desk a bottle of water. If you tell me that you will pray to whatever deity you pray to turn that water into Red wine (I insist on red, to go with the Thai curry, see?) and it does so, I will immediately accept the truth of whatever religion or god you believe in.

This offer has been standing for near 15 years and NOBODY has (so far as i can recall) even commented on it, never mind take up the offer. That to me is 80% proof that they don't really really believe their religion, and whatever the reason they profess it, it isn't really because they have Faith in it.
your sect of atheism deies everything that you don't want to believe in. That leaves all logical and reason out. well, unless that logic and reason lines up with your personal need that is.

Old 05-29-2018, 01:33 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,449,435 times
That is easy but bear in mind I do not belong to a sect that forces conversion
In the time of Jesus -request for proof was non stop
I have found on CDF that it is the same -I keep on giving proof and they keep on saying where’s your proof
For ever and ever

Old 05-29-2018, 01:34 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,591,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiwaystar888 View Post
Again, I care about what's true and not true, and you seem to be butt-hurt about it. You guys believe that God has guided your life, and I pointed out that it *could've easily been* a psychological effect using Occam's Razor (given that we have objective evidence for such psychological effects), and if you keep appeal to emotion then it's YOU who are refusing to discuss.

If I ever wished to insult you, I could've just said ''nah nah nah believers are stupid''.
what sect of atheism do you follow? deny everything because you hate religion? or let the universe be the universe?

Old 05-29-2018, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
That is easy but bear in mind I do not belong to a sect that forces conversion
In the time of Jesus -request for proof was non stop
I have found on CDF that it is the same -I keep on giving proof and they keep on saying where’s your proof
For ever and ever
Problem is you gotta consider the validity of your proof. It has to be testable and falsifiable.

For example: the Bible itself does NOT count as proof for God, just like the Tao Te Ching isn't proof for Chinese folk deities. This is why quoting the Bible doesn't work. If you claim the Bible is true because it's the word of God, then you've fallen victim to circular reasoning.

Old 05-29-2018, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
what sect of atheism do you follow? deny everything because you hate religion? or let the universe be the universe?
Hello, it's YOU denying the fact that there's no objective evidence for any deity. By the way, I don't hate religion just like I don't hate Star Trek or the movie Avatar. And I don't follow any ''sects'', I just don't use the supernatural as an explanation to stuff that I don't know.

Old 05-29-2018, 01:57 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,744,698 times
I occasionally get a peek at how Arach's coming along. On the showing of the last post, not at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiwaystar888 View Post
Hello, it's YOU denying the fact that there's no objective evidence for any deity. By the way, I don't hate religion just like I don't hate Star Trek or the movie Avatar. And I don't follow any ''sects'', I just don't use the supernatural as an explanation to stuff that I don't know.
You will eventually discover that Arach gets ideas into his head about atheists and if you say that isn't how it is, he will simply refuse to listen.

Old 05-29-2018, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
your sect of atheism deies everything that you don't want to believe in. That leaves all logical and reason out. well, unless that logic and reason lines up with your personal need that is.
Why is it logical to WANT to be believe in something?

OK, here's an analogy: I believe in cosmic bunnies, who are watching over Earth, and they give good luck to all bunny-keepers. I know it's true because I can talk to them. You want me to prove it? Well guess what, if you don't wanna believe it, then fine, leave! Hmmpphh.

Old 05-29-2018, 02:11 PM

2,186 posts, read 1,172,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
That was very good..too good...and you MUST add a smiley when you are kidding! Remember the Golden Rule..
There is no foolish spoof so foolish that a Christian can't be more foolish in all seriousness.
Adding the smiley just takes the spike out of the drink.

Old 05-29-2018, 02:18 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,744,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maat55 View Post
Adding the smiley just takes the spike out of the drink.
Like I used to say - what you see is what you get. I try not to hide stuff up my sleeves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality