Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2010, 05:54 PM

1,530 posts, read 3,944,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullback32 View Post
I won't hold that against you....aaayyyee
lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2010, 07:31 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,659,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
June is glad that you still have a "sense of humor" given the fact that "the gods" spoke to me today (yikes!) and told me to send you the following message:

"STAY OFF THE ROOF!!!"

(Sorry...Just couldn't resist!)....

Yes I noticed that you couldn't resist....... and it seems as though there's no way I could get up on the roof since my wife has taken my ladder away from me, she's afraid I'll fall off and maybe hurt something and not necessarily me......... for those of you who don't know June has been in contact with my wife and a little private joke has come about because of that contact, that's where the "stay off the roof " comes from and I am forever reminded to do just that, so now I can tell June that my wife has taken my ladder way from me, so now I can't get up on the roof..

Old 08-23-2010, 07:54 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,985,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
.............so now I can't get up on the roof..
Bummer.........

YouTube - Carole King & James Taylor - Up On the Roof (Live)

Old 08-24-2010, 12:24 AM

20 posts, read 24,263 times
Tonite i come into the sacred circle with a heavy heart- one of my online friends in one of my womens group died suddenly, it was a shock to all of us - we knew that she had been in pain in her back and hip- she told us the pain was 24/7 so she was going to dr. and get an mri and that was the last we heard. My group moderator found out that our friend had cancer and in 3 weeks she was gone. She lived in Seattle and had such a kind and generous heart and always helping others. I see her now enfolded in the arms of her Angels and in pain no more. But i still find myself grieveing, so i come into circle seeking comfort from my friends here. I do not understand my deep sadness, i just know i felt very connected to this lady, she had a very sweet loving spirit. Thank you for being here.

Old 08-24-2010, 08:22 AM

1,236 posts, read 3,117,244 times
Ginachadli, I am so sorry for your loss. I do not have all the answers, but I feel that if one greives for the loss of a person in this life, it is a tribute to the fact that that person touched you in some way. Greive for the loss of that person in this life, but, at the same time, take comfort that he or she has gone on to a better plane of existance. Also, do you not keep her alive in your heart and memories?

Old 08-24-2010, 09:32 AM

Masonsdaughter- thank you for your words of comfort- and my friend will always be in my heart- I am feeling better about her passing and know she is in a better place now. I see you are from Ky? I went there on vacation 2 yrs. ago and it touched me with all its beauty- my Mom was born and raised in the Bowling Green area- I hope to see Ky. again- i loved the lil college town of Berea.

Old 08-24-2010, 11:12 AM

88,586 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginachadli View Post
Tonite i come into the sacred circle with a heavy heart- one of my online friends in one of my womens group died suddenly, it was a shock to all of us - we knew that she had been in pain in her back and hip- she told us the pain was 24/7 so she was going to dr. and get an mri and that was the last we heard. My group moderator found out that our friend had cancer and in 3 weeks she was gone. She lived in Seattle and had such a kind and generous heart and always helping others. I see her now enfolded in the arms of her Angels and in pain no more. But i still find myself grieveing, so i come into circle seeking comfort from my friends here. I do not understand my deep sadness, i just know i felt very connected to this lady, she had a very sweet loving spirit. Thank you for being here.
I am sorry you lost a friend, someone you had connected with in spirit. Your deep sadness is because you are a person of compassion and humanity who will miss someone who touched her life. No doubt while your friend was here, you touched hers.

Old 08-24-2010, 12:09 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,659,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginachadli View Post
Take with you the knowledge that your friend touched and influence your life in some small way, you honor her by doing that and keep the good memories of her in your heart always and she will forever be with you as you walk this lifes path.osay

Old 08-24-2010, 02:19 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,189,686 times
ginachadli: There is little doubt that your friend touched the lives of many others as well in a positive way, and that they are likewise grieving. Her good deeds and sweet nature will live on in many people's memories. I consider that a form of near-immortality. She is no longer suffering.

Old 08-24-2010, 05:53 PM

Friends thank you all so much for your sweet and wise words of comfort and insight-- I am comforted to know that i could come here to the Sacred Circle and connect w/kindred folk- Thank you- i walk in gratitude.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality