Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 06:56 AM

681 posts, read 2,878,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
There's a big difference here. You didn't give in to your desires to have sex with women outside of marriage. BUT, you had the option of finding that one special woman, getting married, and then having sex. That's certainly commendable. You still were able to fall in love and have that close bond with a woman. When you're gay, there is no woman who you can fall in love with. NONE!
Yeah, I had that option, but I never knew if it'd actually happen... or when it'd actually happen.

When you choose to live a homosexual life (since there is no such thing as "being gay"), you block out from your mind the possibility that you could find love with a member of the opposite gender. If that weren't true, why are there so many people who at one point in their lives claimed to "be gay" and then at some point recovered from that and "became" heterosexual? I've known several women who were really boy-crazy in their younger years... I mean CRAZY, not just trying to make a show of it... and then after being spurned enough by the jerks they chose to pursue, said that they decided they were lesbian. There is a common denominator in there... a built-up hatred of men on account of how they were treated by such men.

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
I too choose to not give in to temptation. I'm in a 14 year, monogamous relationship with every intent for it to go "until death do we part". Sure the animal instinct in me would like to have sex with other men, but my brain understands the impact that would have on my relationship, and our children, not to mention possible negative health consequences. So I choose to do the right thing, and in the long run, a strong relationship with my partner makes me much happier than sex outside the relationship.

So I guess what I'm saying is, it works the same way in gay partnerships as it does in marriage. I'm not "giving in to lust" to be with my partner. I'm sharing my life and love with someone.
But you aren't doing what you're supposed to be doing. You don't have to take my word for it. I'm not God... I'm only the messenger. If you choose to go against God, God will eventually tell you that He doesn't know you and He will deny you entrance into His paradise.

Old 02-19-2009, 07:01 AM

681 posts, read 2,878,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
NWPAguy, imagine how you feel about women or specifically your wife. Your desire for her, everything about her you love, all the things that make her female that you love, the way she looks, smells, thinks, acts, looks at you and smiles seductively at you, or looks at you with love in her eyes. Imagine how you felt when you first fell in love. The "burning desire" her, wanting to be with her as much as possible and how you felt when you married her - how your heart welled up with love for her - that this was the person you wanted to be with for the rest of your life.

Now imagine that you were suddenly changed into a woman, but everything you feel for this woman is still the same. You would be a lesbian because you were a woman. That's what it is like for a homosexual.
Your post started out sounding pretty good and then changed quickly into "preposterous". I am not going to be "suddenly changed into a woman". This isn't a Disney movie... I am a man for life.

Were I born a woman, I'd have ultimately felt this way about a man. You can't possibly use this line of reasoning.

Quote:
Alternatively, imagine you are as you are, a man who loves and desires women, but you live in a culture with a religion that tells you that loving and desiring a woman is a sin and is "detestable" and you must only fall in love with, be attracted to, and marry a MAN. How would you go?
I would examine, exhaustively, the logical basis of this religion. (I did so with Christianity. I examined its logic for YEARS before realizing that it all made sense.) Once I discovered that procreation can only happen when men and women get together sexually, I would realize that the religion was a complete farce and I would seek out the real truth.

Quote:
Do you think you could make yourself feel attracted to a man?
Nope.

Quote:
One that you could marry?
Never. Remember, that isn't the way it's supposed to be.

Quote:
Could you convince yourself to desire and love a man on an emotional, sexual and mental level?
Not in the least. I'd have no desire to, either... because we're not supposed to "be gay".

Quote:
One with penis and testicles and hairy chest to boot? Can you imagine kissing a man and gently stroking his slightly stubbly cheek as you look deep into his eyes and feel an overwhelming love and desire for him. That you want to spend the rest of your life with him ....Or does the very idea turn your stomach a little?
"A little"? If I had a barf bag....

Quote:
Telling a homosexual that they can choose to be straight, is like telling you that you can choose to be attracted to, desire and love men...if only you try hard enough.
Not quite. You're comparing apples to oranges in the form of comparing a behavior deemed deviant by our Divine Creator to a behavior deemed blessed and normal by our Divine Creator.

Quote:
If you CAN imagine falling in love with a man, having sex with a man and marrying a man, then you are not entirely "straight".
Thanks for clearing up my definite heterosexuality.

Old 02-19-2009, 07:16 AM

30 posts, read 50,649 times
Quote:
Do you think you could make yourself feel attracted to a man? One that you could marry? Could you convince yourself to desire and love a man on an emotional, sexual and mental level? One with penis and testicles and hairy chest to boot? Can you imagine kissing a man and gently stroking his slightly stubbly cheek as you look deep into his eyes and feel an overwhelming love and desire for him. That you want to spend the rest of your life with him ....Or does the very idea turn your stomach a little?
".

If that doesen't clarify what it's like to be homosexual, then for those who don't get it they never will.

My uncle is gay and he explained it to me in the same manner as above more than 20yrs ago. Before that I must admit I was quite judgemental.
I think too many people confuse sexual deviance with homosexuality. Sexual deviance is a choice...Homosexuality is not (JMHO)
Live a good life, be faithful to your mate and trust in a God that loves you unconditionally.

KC

Old 02-19-2009, 07:28 AM

605 posts, read 1,108,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWPAguy View Post
When you choose to live a homosexual life (since there is no such thing as "being gay"), you block out from your mind the possibility that you could find love with a member of the opposite gender.
I just can't wrap my mind around this. Why on Ahura Mazda's green earth would a sane person choose to be something they are not in relation to sexuality? Why would I, a horny ass heterosexual male, who can't get enough coitus with my woman, suddenly wake up one day and decide to "block out" that passion to go run after some hairy back, crusty man?

Quote:
If that weren't true, why are there so many people who at one point in their lives claimed to "be gay" and then at some point recovered from that and "became" heterosexual?

I mean, who are these "many people" you speak of? How many of them do you know?

Quote:
I've known several women who were really boy-crazy in their younger years... I mean CRAZY, not just trying to make a show of it... and then after being spurned enough by the jerks they chose to pursue, said that they decided they were lesbian.
Or did they just kidding themselves OR were all along bi-sexual?

Quote:
But you aren't doing what you're supposed to be doing. You don't have to take my word for it. I'm not God... I'm only the messenger. If you choose to go against God, God will eventually tell you that He doesn't know you and He will deny you entrance into His paradise.

As someone said above me, I think folks ae confusing sexual deviance (which can be found on either side) ith homosexuality and REALLY believing thir own confused myth about the whole thing.

Old 02-19-2009, 07:48 AM

3,451 posts, read 7,055,848 times
From what I have read, I suspect that the gentleman we refer to as Jesus Christ would be embarrassed on good days, and freaked out the rest of the time at the messages that have been concocted in his name.

Old 02-19-2009, 07:57 AM

1,577 posts, read 3,700,589 times
If your gay then why is there is struggle unless your not sure your actually gay?

Thats like a straight person having the same struggle. You either like a gender sexually or you don't.

As far as social and society, that I can understand. Me personally, I'm the type to go with the flow and not want to hear other people's unasked for BS, so I'd probly just tell em what they wanna hear just to be diplomatic and get thru a situation. They can't control how you feel and what you do in private tho.

Old 02-19-2009, 08:27 AM

2,403 posts, read 5,241,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWPAguy View Post
Not quite. You're comparing apples to oranges in the form of comparing a behavior deemed deviant by our Divine Creator to a behavior deemed blessed and normal by our Divine Creator.
From God's lips to your ears? Why don't you stop hiding behind God's skirt. Like most self righteous, sanctimonious, finger wagging hate mongers you won't take responsibility for your hatred but use God as a pretext. Pitiful!

Old 02-19-2009, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlerain View Post
From what I have read, I suspect that the gentleman we refer to as Jesus Christ would be embarrassed on good days, and freaked out the rest of the time at the messages that have been concocted in his name.
AMEN! Jesus would spit in the face of many of today's so called Christians who've perverted his teachings to peddle their judgmental hatred under his banner.

Old 02-19-2009, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deguire View Post

As someone said above me, I think folks ae confusing sexual deviance (which can be found on either side) ith homosexuality and REALLY believing thir own confused myth about the whole thing.
So who should we appoint official sex police, you?

Old 02-19-2009, 08:42 AM

1,362 posts, read 4,619,196 times
Please keep this civil. On both sides please.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality