Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 02:19 PM

4,440 posts, read 9,071,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
No a theory is a theory and a fact is a fact, pay attention and stop twisting.
Oh dear..

Evolution as theory and fact - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Evolution is a fact. How it happens is the theory.

The law of gravity is a fact but there are different theories of how bodies masses are attracted to each other..

its a theory and a fact..

Moderator cut: rude and unnecessary

Last edited by Alpha8207; 05-06-2009 at 06:48 AM..

Old 05-05-2009, 02:20 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,837,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
As of now, folks: "The Constitution is a farce!" Specially that Sep-E-ration part!

Oh BTW, Robin, the majority of American schools, long long ago, where, yep, started by Christians, because that was the dominant cultural norm. That's all. Hardly a basis for educational basics, elsewise we'd also be rubbing bear grease on our wounds,and making poultices out of mustard to rid ourselves of the Swine Flu.

Our founding fathers recognized the danger of a state-instituted religion, of state-support for a particularly narrow perspective and the vastly intolerant points of view that accompany Christianity and most other organized religions, such as they and their forefathers had so rightly fled from in repressive Europe. You remember? The Spanish Inquisition, a Christian high-point in "education"?

Christianity is NOT narrow in it's perspective, you might yell? Well, your own loud proclamations, and those of many other fundies on C-D, deny that defence.

"Evolution is an unfounded theory! Not one wit of evidence!"

Yep, especially in the face of all that Creationist "scientific evidence".

Oooohhh! I know I'm impressed!

Who said it recently? Oh yeah; it was me:

Science abandons absurdity".

And, thus, moves on.
No the founding fathers did not want european christian oppression, but saw that the free expression of Christianity was a better method. Then we have all the pagan faiths coming in and demanding equality which they did not deserve. Catholocism was even rejected as a pagan faith because of its doctrine and lack of Biblical adherance.

There is plenty of evidence for creationism if it wasnt for the government and schools trying to shove evolution down everyone throats that evidence would be seen rather than oppressed.

Old 05-05-2009, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_thirsty View Post
Please stop discussing my hug life. Thank you.

Interesting this very topic of discussion (not hugging but theories taught in school) was held on The View today in hot topics. Personally I think as it is a public institution then science should be taught. I think there is a balance between the two, but if as a parent you disagree with evolution then either send your child to a private school OR have the discussion at home about your beliefs while they are studying evolution.
Evolution is not science, it is a farsical attempt at science.

Old 05-05-2009, 02:24 PM

Quote:
No the founding fathers did not want european christian oppression, but saw that the free expression of Christianity was a better method. Then we have all the pagan faiths coming in and demanding equality which they did not deserve. Catholocism was even rejected as a pagan faith because of its doctrine and lack of Biblical adherance.

There is plenty of evidence for creationism if it wasnt for the government and schools trying to shove evolution down everyone throats that evidence would be seen rather than oppressed.
Would John Adams be considered a founding father?

Old 05-05-2009, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
Would John Adams be considered a founding father?
Yes as would many others, and dont worry about quotes for your opinion because we both know that there are quotes for both sides concerning all the founding fathers.

You do know that wikipedia is not always accurate dont you, yet you use it to back yourself up.

Old 05-05-2009, 02:28 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,576,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickmahorn View Post
"Missed it byyyyy thaaat much" according to what metric? Science? If this is what you are using to judge the other religions claims as less than true, why don't we just stick with science then?

I am interested in your specific objective reasoning as to why Christianity's creation accounts are more valid than other religions. Essentially, I am asking you to back up your subjective assertions with examples that are not purely of personal opinion.
I dont think anyone can.

Quote:
No because other religions are just theories while Christianity is fact.

Because the Christian view of creationism lines up with scientific evidence.

This is your opinion, but all religions are not equal, Christianity is superior to all because we have Jesus Christ, God in the flesh, and plenty of scientific evidence for our beliefs.
REALLY? Wow. If you can provide such ideas as Christianity's THEORY of Creationism as being real, why dont you go to the Supreme Court of the USA and show them? Wow, you would win like the Nobel Prize for an amazing discovery.

Seriously, what are your facts?

And how dare you say all other religions are not equal. Man you must hate America. Where all faiths are considered equal.
Quote:
The one thing you got right.

Quote:

Excuse...me? What the hell do you mean by "did not deserve".

If I am getting this right, you are a bigot who thinks everything should be run by Christianity and you dont like to hear about science and dont have facts to support your conclusions.

As I said, if you have so much proof that Creationism is scientific, go show the Supreme Court. And while you are at it, you could learn some respect.

Old 05-05-2009, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
Oh dear..

Evolution as theory and fact - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Evolution is a fact. How it happens is the theory.

The law of gravity is a fact but there are different theories of how bodies masses are attracted to each other..

its a theory and a fact..
You do realize that the same evidence for evolution can be equally explained for creation.

Last edited by Alpha8207; 05-06-2009 at 06:51 AM.. Reason: edited quoted post

Old 05-05-2009, 02:35 PM

Quote:
You do realize that the same evidence for evolution can be equally explained for creation.
Does not compute. Lets go back to what you accused me of... oh what was it?..

oh here it is:

Quote:
1. You accused me of twisting. Not true. In fact I gave you evidence of why that wasn't true.

Now before we can move on I must have satisfaction that you withdraw that statement.

Something to the effect of "I apologize bigthirsty for indicating you were twisting".

Old 05-05-2009, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
I dont think anyone can.

REALLY? Wow. If you can provide such ideas as Christianity's THEORY of Creationism as being real, why dont you go to the Supreme Court of the USA and show them? Wow, you would win like the Nobel Prize for an amazing discovery.
They have been provided and rejected, not because they are false or invalid but because they are considered religious and are therefor rejected on that alone.

Quote:
Seriously, what are your facts?
Look around you they are everywhere.

Quote:
And how dare you say all other religions are not equal. Man you must hate America. Where all faiths are considered equal.
control yourself, you are making false accusations. I love america but not where it is or is going and no all faiths are not created equal.

Quote:
Excuse...me? What the hell do you mean by "did not deserve".
Because they are false.

Quote:
If I am getting this right, you are a bigot who thinks everything should be run by Christianity and you dont like to hear about science and dont have facts to support your conclusions.
Think what you like but you are wrong. I love science and I have plenty of facts to support my conclusions but as your own bigoted opinion will not let you see this, it will also not let you understand any facts I provide.

Quote:
As I said, if you have so much proof that Creationism is scientific, go show the Supreme Court. And while you are at it, you could learn some respect.
I am not the one being disrespectful here, you really need to heed your own words.

Old 05-05-2009, 02:44 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,576,037 times
Quote:
They have been provided and rejected, not because they are false or invalid but because they are considered religious and are therefor rejected on that alone.

Look around you they are everywhere.

control yourself, you are making false accusations. I love america but not where it is or is going and no all faiths are not created equal.

Because they are false.

Think what you like but you are wrong. I love science and I have plenty of facts to support my conclusions but as your own bigoted opinion will not let you see this, it will also not let you understand any facts I provide.

I am not the one being disrespectful here, you really need to heed your own words.
So dont just tell me you have facts.

Provide them!

Lets see this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality