Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 03:25 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,837,291 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
its .org
Thank you, I was just about to correct that.

Old 05-05-2009, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
Other than the fact that they have not provided a single, authoritative and empirical test back by robust methodologies and still call their guesswork "Science;" I would say the only thing it could hurt would be my intelligence.
Have you even looked? Your answer suggests not therefore limiting your intelligence to a biased view and therefore closedminded.

Old 05-05-2009, 03:30 PM

6,712 posts, read 13,462,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Have you even looked? Your answer suggests not therefore limiting your intelligence to a biased view and therefore closedminded.
Alright... I'm going to look... I can't wait to see all these empirical tests on the site!!! These guys are going to win a Nobel Prize! I'm sure of it!!!

Old 05-05-2009, 03:30 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,709,999 times
Quote:
No because other religions are just theories while Christianity is fact.
Do you know what a "fact" is? Your beliefs are not factual. There is no body of evidence capable of being subject to peer review.

Come on, Robin. Time to fly from the nest.

Quote:
Because the Christian view of creationism lines up with scientific evidence.
Actually, in court case after court case, intelligent design / creationism have had opportunities to present evidence of their claims as a valid scientific theory.

None have been able to do so.

Quote:
This is your opinion, but all religions are not equal, Christianity is superior to all because we have Jesus Christ, God in the flesh, and plenty of scientific evidence for our beliefs.
Who did Christ claim superiority over? Find Christ and you will find the wisdom of Christ in all spiritual paths.

Old 05-05-2009, 03:32 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,576,037 times
Quote:
It proves aspects of the Bible.
Lol.

Why are you vague about it?

Dont jusat say that ir proves the Bible, SHOW me how. How does it prove it?

Old 05-05-2009, 03:33 PM

Oh... Look... They have Dr. Carl Baugh on the front page! Priceless! This is getting really good.

Wait a second... The guy is a "Dr???" I wonder where from...

Oh.... That's right... Pacific International University....

A diploma mill... I'm sure that breeds good, sound scientific thought....

Old 05-05-2009, 03:34 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,709,999 times
Quote:
Have you ever been to a coalmine? Do you know they have found cups, hammers, furniture, coalified animals, trees that are partially coalified?

Have you seriously looked at the sedimentery layers around the world? They are rather consistant.

Do you realize that there is an element found in granite that could only be there if it cooled instataniously?

There are plenty of creation evidence websites with plenty of information and evidence if you are willing to look. But if you are like more evolutionists then you will be too cloeminded to see the truth.
Absolutely irrelevant and doesn't support creationism one bit.

Ever consider that you're reverse engineering your "facts"? You start with a firm belief that your religious book is infallible. As such, you seek evidence to support your belief. It is a completely faulty approach to science.

Why is it so hard to accept that there is a sentient life force and there is also the process of evolution? Why must it always be one or the other?

Old 05-05-2009, 03:34 PM

4,440 posts, read 9,071,818 times
Quote:
sorry.. its not close minded to NOT look into a hacks work.

Introduction | NCSE

being that the year is 2009.. and the article is from 1985.. I guess history just continues to repeat itself.

Old 05-05-2009, 03:36 PM

Hey, Robin... I'm having a hard time finding the "Robust Methodologies" section... Could you point me in the right direction??? It's just... I don't know... Amidst all the garbage it's hard to find it... Thanks Buddy!

Old 05-05-2009, 03:41 PM

So you are all saying that unless he participated in a school you approve of he is not credible? So you are all reputable scientists then? You do realize that he brings in plenty of scientists who agree or even disagree with his discoveries dont you? Well I guess since yall are all so much smarter than those who actually get their hands dirty then there is no discussion with any of you. I told you you would not accept my evidence because you are too closedminded, well I was there a few years back until I actually looked into all the evidence and opened my mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality