Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 02:47 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,837,291 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
Does not compute. Lets go back to what you accused me of... oh what was it?..

oh here it is:

1. You accused me of twisting. Not true. In fact I gave you evidence of why that wasn't true.

Now before we can move on I must have satisfaction that you withdraw that statement.

Something to the effect of "I apologize bigthirsty for indicating you were twisting".
No because you are still twisting and unwilling to look at all the facts, so take it or leave it.

Old 05-05-2009, 02:50 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,660,863 times
Would anybody care to take a look at the history of the public education system in this country and what Thomas Jefferson has to say. Take a look at this, it seems to be very interesting.
A History of Public Education In The United States

Old 05-05-2009, 02:50 PM

4,440 posts, read 9,071,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Religion is the key word, Christianity is a relationship and not to be associated with the religion of Europe. The treaty of tripoli is easily explained if you take into account who it was written to and why it was written. Later the US kicked the crap out of the pirates because they did not honor the treaty with the US.

Do some more research and stop merely look at what supports your view and look at all the evidence.
ahh.. look who is twisting now..

Old 05-05-2009, 02:51 PM

140 posts, read 459,490 times
I think in the public schools ALL theories should be presented, including creationism and evolution. Creationism, or Intellegent Design CAN be taught as a theory while not promoting a specific faith. It does not have to be presented as fact, but rather as a possible way things happened. That being said, Evolution let us not forget is also a theory and should be presented in the same way. The theory that the world was created by a superior being is not specific to Christianity. We all pay for public education, so I don't think what is taught should represent only what a portion believe to be true- in either direction. One thing I don't understand is why Christians are the ones being told to teach their theories at home or pay for private education if they don't agree with what's being taught-- all the while STILL paying the same taxes for the other kids to go to school. Why can't the Evolutionists do that with their kids? It is theory-not fact- and is a belief system. If we should present one view, then we MUST present them all in fairness.

Old 05-05-2009, 02:54 PM

4,440 posts, read 9,071,818 times
Quote:
No because you are still twisting and unwilling to look at all the facts, so take it or leave it.
1. I've provided links and evidence to back my claims.

You've provided conjecture and opinion.

So if I'm twisting, its a twist predicated on the worlds greatest scientists together in conspiracy for evolution (which makes zero academic sense as any scientist would absolutely love to disprove the theory since they would they be famous) AND the twist is predicated on John Adams twisting his signature on a treaty.

But hey.. you are probably right. What you are saying makes much more sense.

Not.

said in my best Fog Horn Leg Horn voice..

"Ahh aahh say son.. ahhh DEEmand uhhh Sahteesfakshun!!!"

Old 05-05-2009, 02:56 PM

6,712 posts, read 13,462,266 times
Quote:
You do realize that the same evidence for evolution can be equally explained for creation.
Really?

So you should have no problem explaining the mechanism and methodology under which spontaneous creation events happen without invoking magic man, right? You can also provide a rigorous and sound structure of robust methodology and empirical tests explaining these creation events backed by a host and plethora of other sciences as well...

Furthermore, it would be interesting for you to explain to me why in the Kitzmiller vs. Dover Area School Board Trial, the defense was only able to provide three of the twelve requested "Intelligent Design Theorists." It would also be interesting for you to answer why out of those three individuals, one of them was scolded by an ultra-conservative Supreme Court Justice nominated by the most religious President in memory for almost perjuring himself to "Lie For Jesus" if he was backed by such intense scientific findings. As well, you should probably explain The Wedge Document which proved the inextricable link between Literal Biblical Creationism and "Intelligent Design" at the trial.

Finally, I would love for you to provide me with one... JUST ONE... empirical test or experiment that would give us requisite pause for thought and insight as to how complexity of such magnitude can be explained using spontaneous, magical "poofing."

Old 05-05-2009, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
So dont just tell me you have facts.

Provide them!

Lets see this.
Have you ever been to a coalmine? Do you know they have found cups, hammers, furniture, coalified animals, trees that are partially coalified?

Have you seriously looked at the sedimentery layers around the world? They are rather consistant.

Do you realize that there is an element found in granite that could only be there if it cooled instataniously?

There are plenty of creation evidence websites with plenty of information and evidence if you are willing to look. But if you are like more evolutionists then you will be too cloeminded to see the truth.

Old 05-05-2009, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
1. I've provided links and evidence to back my claims.

You've provided conjecture and opinion.

So if I'm twisting, its a twist predicated on the worlds greatest scientists together in conspiracy for evolution (which makes zero academic sense as any scientist would absolutely love to disprove the theory since they would they be famous) AND the twist is predicated on John Adams twisting his signature on a treaty.

But hey.. you are probably right. What you are saying makes much more sense.

Not.

said in my best Fog Horn Leg Horn voice..

"Ahh aahh say son.. ahhh DEEmand uhhh Sahteesfakshun!!!"
Go to the library of congress website and read the letters concerning the treaty, you may find them to be very interesting.

Old 05-05-2009, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
Really?

So you should have no problem explaining the mechanism and methodology under which spontaneous creation events happen without invoking magic man, right? You can also provide a rigorous and sound structure of robust methodology and empirical tests explaining these creation events backed by a host and plethora of other sciences as well...

Furthermore, it would be interesting for you to explain to me why in the Kitzmiller vs. Dover Area School Board Trial, the defense was only able to provide three of the twelve requested "Intelligent Design Theorists." It would also be interesting for you to answer why out of those three individuals, one of them was scolded by an ultra-conservative Supreme Court Justice nominated by the most religious President in memory for almost perjuring himself to "Lie For Jesus" if he was backed by such intense scientific findings. As well, you should probably explain The Wedge Document which proved the inextricable link between Literal Biblical Creationism and "Intelligent Design" at the trial.

Finally, I would love for you to provide me with one... JUST ONE... empirical test or experiment that would give us requisite pause for thought and insight as to how complexity of such magnitude can be explained using spontaneous, magical "poofing."
I cannot just as you cannot provide the missing link or the big bang. Can you explain how chaos can produce order? No you cannot. Can you produce new life from sludge? No you cannot.

Look at granite, really read the makeup of granite and explain how it captures elements with such a short halflife that would be destroyed if not for instatanious cooling.

Old 05-05-2009, 03:08 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,576,037 times
Quote:
Have you ever been to a coalmine? Do you know they have found cups, hammers, furniture, coalified animals, trees that are partially coalified?

Have you seriously looked at the sedimentery layers around the world? They are rather consistant.

Do you realize that there is an element found in granite that could only be there if it cooled instataniously?

There are plenty of creation evidence websites with plenty of information and evidence if you are willing to look. But if you are like more evolutionists then you will be too cloeminded to see the truth.
Uh...so?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality