Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 01:53 PM

4,440 posts, read 9,071,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
If it was proven then it would not still be a theory it would be called fact. The very same evidence for evolution can equally explain creationism according to the Biblical account.
Oh dear.. TOE is both a theory and a fact..

boom goes the dynamite

Old 05-05-2009, 01:55 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,660,863 times
Quote:
Dont forget about those two.
I didn't, that's why I quoted the entire amendment.....I was not selective.

Old 05-05-2009, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
That's right! And until Sex Theory is proven it will still only be just that, a Theory. The very same evidence for Sex Theory can equally be explained by Stork Delivery according to some folklorists...
I prefer to go with the "I accidentally hugged her" theory.

Old 05-05-2009, 01:57 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,920,995 times
Default The Intransigent leading the illiterate over to the holy water-trough

Quote:
Seperation of Church and state is a farce and the majority of American schools were started by Christianity. Evolution is merely an unfounded theory while creationism has much more scientific evidence.
As of now, folks: "The Constitution is a farce!" Specially that Sep-E-ration part!

Oh BTW, Robin, the majority of American schools, long long ago, where, yep, started by Christians, because that was the dominant cultural norm. That's all. Hardly a basis for educational basics, elsewise we'd also be rubbing bear grease on our wounds,and making poultices out of mustard to rid ourselves of the Swine Flu.

Our founding fathers recognized the danger of a state-instituted religion, of state-support for a particularly narrow perspective and the vastly intolerant points of view that accompany Christianity and most other organized religions, such as they and their forefathers had so rightly fled from in repressive Europe. You remember? The Spanish Inquisition, a Christian high-point in "education"?

Christianity is NOT narrow in it's perspective, you might yell? Well, your own loud proclamations, and those of many other fundies on C-D, deny that defence.

"Evolution is an unfounded theory! Not one wit of evidence!"

Yep, especially in the face of all that Creationist "scientific evidence".

Oooohhh! I know I'm impressed!

Who said it recently? Oh yeah; it was me:

Science abandons absurdity".

And, thus, moves on.

Last edited by rifleman; 05-05-2009 at 02:06 PM..

Old 05-05-2009, 01:59 PM

6,712 posts, read 13,462,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
I prefer to go with the "I accidentally hugged her" theory.
Well... If all it takes is a hug BigT...

Nevermind... I'm sure LittleT is very happy.

Old 05-05-2009, 02:08 PM

1,439 posts, read 3,885,197 times
Please stop discussing my hug life. Thank you.

Interesting this very topic of discussion (not hugging but theories taught in school) was held on The View today in hot topics. Personally I think as it is a public institution then science should be taught. I think there is a balance between the two, but if as a parent you disagree with evolution then either send your child to a private school OR have the discussion at home about your beliefs while they are studying evolution.

Old 05-05-2009, 02:12 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,837,291 times
Quote:
That's right! And until Sex Theory is proven it will still only be just that, a Theory. The very same evidence for Sex Theory can equally be explained by Stork Delivery according to some folklorists...
Making fun of my statemements only shows your unwillingness to look at facts as facts and theories as theories.

Old 05-05-2009, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
Oh dear.. TOE is both a theory and a fact..

boom goes the dynamite
No a theory is a theory and a fact is a fact, pay attention and stop twisting.

Old 05-05-2009, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Well... If all it takes is a hug BigT...

Nevermind... I'm sure LittleT is very happy.
didn't realize what picture would come to mind when I posted that..

I now do.. and its even funnier to me now.

Old 05-05-2009, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
I didn't, that's why I quoted the entire amendment.....I was not selective.
I know that but you only emboldened a portion, just thought I would help with the rest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality