Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 11:43 AM

8,762 posts, read 11,573,373 times

Advertisements

Do you support teaching other religions theories on how we got to Earth as well?

Or no? Why or why not? If not, what makes your theory of Creationism more valid than other religions?

In my mind, if they begin to teach Creationism of Christianity, they should also teach all other religions theories too. All religions are equal. If one gets the pass, all the others should as well.

Old 05-05-2009, 11:51 AM

857 posts, read 1,422,918 times
public school is a government entity, separation of church and state. If you want your kids to hear about creationism then I feel the kids should be sent to a religious affiliated school. Its not like I can go into a church and demand they discuss evolution.

Old 05-05-2009, 11:52 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,566,328 times
Hold our creation account against other religions and see which is closer.

I just want practical, observable science taught. Theory of evolution is not that, all the made up illustrations by an artist needs to be put away not to mention theory of evolution teaches kids we evolved from animals so the kids act as such which is why there is so much violence in schools.

Old 05-05-2009, 11:52 AM

8,762 posts, read 11,573,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ulnevrwalkalone View Post
public school is a government entity, separation of church and state. If you want your kids to hear about creationism then I feel the kids should be sent to a religious affiliated school. Its not like I can go into a church and demand they discuss evolution.
GREAT POST!

I agree with you there.

Old 05-05-2009, 11:57 AM

1,591 posts, read 3,552,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Do you support teaching other religions theories on how we got to Earth as well?

Or no? Why or why not? If not, what makes your theory of Creationism more valid than other religions?

In my mind, if they begin to teach Creationism of Christianity, they should also teach all other religions theories too. All religions are equal. If one gets the pass, all the others should as well.
I recently heard that the teachers union in England was trying to get their public schools to do the following: offer the students a class in the particular religion that interests them and it is taught by the local expert on that faith (imam, pastor, rabbi, priest, etc., etc.). I think it is a reasonable idea. Also, they have religious charter schools. Also, religion is taught in German public schools (last I heard).

Old 05-05-2009, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulnevrwalkalone View Post
"Separation of church and State" is a farce. Twisted by the ACLU. IS NOT IN THE CONSTITUTION. Theory of evolution is neither practical nor observable and shouldn't be taught.

Old 05-05-2009, 12:07 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,509,987 times
Creationism can be taught at home, in your place of worship and in private schools..Not in public schools which are paid for by every person of all beliefs and non beliefs..

Old 05-05-2009, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
Creationism can be taught at home, in your place of worship and in private schools..Not in public schools which are paid for by every person of all beliefs and non beliefs..
I am a taxpayer as well. Does my vote count where I don't want falsehoods forced onto my children. Do I have a say? Where is the fair playing field?

Old 05-05-2009, 12:13 PM

865 posts, read 2,501,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Hold our creation account against other religions and see which is closer.

I just want practical, observable science taught. Theory of evolution is not that, all the made up illustrations by an artist needs to be put away not to mention theory of evolution teaches kids we evolved from animals so the kids act as such which is why there is so much violence in schools.
(emphasis mine)

If all science ever did was observable in the sense you are using it, there would have been little or no advancement in science through the years. Much of atomic theory would never have been developed. The theory of evolution simply is the best explanation we have. I'm sorry, but it meshes more completely with what we know and can observe than creationism ever will. Again, a literal interpretation of Genesis, even within the Christian church, is a relatively recent phenomenon.

The last of your post is absolutely ridiculous. To use your own standard - show me one study that uses observable data to link the theory of evolution to violence in schools.

Old 05-05-2009, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roneb View Post
(emphasis mine)

If all science ever did was observable in the sense you are using it, there would have been little or no advancement in science through the years. Much of atomic theory would never have been developed. The theory of evolution simply is the best explanation we have. I'm sorry, but it meshes more completely with what we know and can observe than creationism ever will. Again, a literal interpretation of Genesis, even within the Christian church, is a relatively recent phenomenon.

The last of your post is absolutely ridiculous. To use your own standard - show me one study that uses observable data to link the theory of evolution to violence in schools.
Don't give me that....I love science. PRACTICAL AND OBSERVABLE. Theory of evolution is not. I am not arguing for ID. I am arguing against evolution. They are in the same boat. Definitely a double standard when it comes to macro evolution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality