Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 03:03 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,025,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell View Post
imho, one should not fault themselves or fault be given to them by any human or themselves for that matter. You seem to be beating yourself up on the 'condition' of your soul. It's just as strong now as it was when the doctor slapped your bottom at birth.

I've said it before and I will say it again. There is a direct path between the person and Jesus Christ. Find it and no man shall stand in your way.

I've listened to people tell me, oh you shouldn't be doing this, you should be doing that. I'll try it and it's wrong. Wrong for me, right for them.

If I had to rely on some one else to tell me what Jesus Christ was saying in regards to my spiritual life... no. There again, this is right for me, could be wrong for you.

But don't go belieiving there is something not ready about you on those channeled messages, or what ever, because that's just wrong.
It's not that I feel unworthy or I hate myself, it's just a truth that our souls are always progressing. One truth may be true today and tomorrow it may no longer be a truth. We are constantly changing and I was only stating that my soul condition, whether it's grown or something isn't ringing true, may not understand or it has outgrown that truth. It may have been that I'm not ready to hear a higher truth because of something in my past that I may not have overcome.

I hope that makes sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2009, 03:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
Do you mean Joseph Smith?

How do you know that?
Yes, Joseph Smith. I don't know why I always get his name wrong.
It was channeled to our channelers.

Quote:
I'm sorry...but you really haven't given me any specific reasons why we should believe that the message given to you is any more valid than what Joseph Smith claimed to receive.
Then you'll have to read them to see for yourself. Read them with your soul and not your mind and see what rings true. I promise you won't go up in flames for reading something that isn't a bible!!

Old 06-30-2009, 03:22 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,971,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
So Campbell, Have you given your entire estate to help out some charity in preparation? Obviously, you will not have a need for a retirement fund and this would be a great act of your faith!
Well I don't see Jesus return before the year 2034, so you would be wrong suggesting I will have no need of a retirement fund. I will be 59 in Aug, and 2034 is a ways off.

Old 06-30-2009, 03:31 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,971,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebulous1 View Post
How can Revelations (the Apocalypse) be a warning?

There are no names, no locations, no times, nothing specific. How can people use it to protect themselves, if there is nothing specific?

It is like someone telling you that sometime during your lifetime, someone will rob you. No dates, no times, no dates, no locations.

It is full of symbolism, and very few agree on what the symbols stand for.
For you to understand the Book of Revelation, it requires you to read all the prophecies of the Bible, not just some of them. It's like trying to put a Bike together, and only reading half of the instructions. There are dates and times in there, if your willing to consider events and prophecies. Thats why Jesus tells us, to study the Scriptures. The Bible is not as hard to understand as some would lead you to believe. Most of those who cannot understand even the simple things of the Scriptures, are often those who are looking to men for answers, and not God.

Old 06-30-2009, 09:51 AM

5,553 posts, read 8,005,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
All through the Scriptures, you will see references of Israel being spoken of as a fig tree. This is no hidden secret, and it's a very important that one understands this. Before Jesus through out the money changers in the temple, He first (cursed the Fig tree) and it died shortly after that. He did this, because that Fig tree did not produce good fruit. And that Fig tree, represented Israel. For Israel as a nation did not produce good fruit either. And as a nation, she to was destroyed, because she did not produce good fruit. Consider the links below.

Israel And The Fig Tree

Jesus and the Fig Tree
'All through the Bible???'

Old 06-30-2009, 10:09 AM

4,655 posts, read 5,070,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
Yes, Joseph Smith. I don't know why I always get his name wrong.
It was channeled to our channelers.

Then you'll have to read them to see for yourself. Read them with your soul and not your mind and see what rings true. I promise you won't go up in flames for reading something that isn't a bible!!

I'm sorry. The Bible clearly condemns that stuff. Given the choice to believe the inspired word of God, or the latest "revelation" or "message" given to you or some other "prophet"...I'll believe the Bible.

Old 06-30-2009, 10:23 AM

Quote:
I'm sorry. The Bible clearly condemns that stuff. Given the choice to believe the inspired word of God, or the latest "revelation" or "message" given to you or some other "prophet"...I'll believe the Bible.
Can you tell me why you believe that things cannot be "inspired" in todays society as it was when the bible oringinated? Why them and not us? You do know that the original writers of the bible were channelers? They channeled the messages that they claim were from God but in actuality they were from His ministering angels, doing their job of uplifting the human race.

The bible clearly states to test the spirits to see if they are of God. The messages we receive are of God and His love for mankind. He is lifting our species to higher truths. In todays society, you will begin to see more and more people channeling. It's a gift from God in order to learn higher truths and inspiration from God. Why would you believe that they, the original writers of the bible, are more priveleged to receive those truths and we are not?

Old 06-30-2009, 10:52 AM

1,317 posts, read 2,056,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
I do not base my Biblical beliefs on Hal Lindsey, nor do I base my Biblical beliefs on the Mayan Calendar. So I have no idea why you have tossed both of these beliefs at me. To my knowledge, I do not believe I have ever mention either.
Well these are the "signs of the times of evangelicals and rapturees at present - sorry it was aimed in general against the false prophesies
Quote:
And as far as the Anti Christ. When I was around 4 years old I had a vision of him. That I will never forget. And at the time neither my family or I had much to do with religion. So this was something that was beyond my personal knowledge. Yet I saw him in a vision. I did not find out who he was until many years later. The prophecies of the Bible could care less as to how Israel came into existance, it simply states it would.
Four years old eh? I only have memories from 5 or so and they are very scant and I have an above par IQ. Maybe you dreamed of me
Quote:
And I don't even know who Todd Bently is, so I have no idea why you are bringing up his name either.
Surprised? Well he was the latest and greatest "great move of your gawd" in Florida and folk from the entire world flocked to his crusades as his anointing was transferable and the folk could take it back to their own congregations. Needless to say, he was endorsed and sanctioned by the top evangelical gurus of the USA until he started screwing one of his assistants, then they all back peddled and threw him under the bus.

I mentioned him as the favorite apologetic is that A&A's and Jews will be "deceived" by the antichrist and I was merely illustrating the type of folk that fell for his shenanigans - they were all BAC's and in particular, rapturees and evangelicals hence they sing off the same songsheet you do.

Please do not insult our intelligence by claiming ignorance of these matters as what you are espousing apart from 2034-2038 which IMO you pulled out of your *** most born in 1948 will be dead by then including you and I thus there will be NO fulfillment of a second coming.

All the furturists are getting weak-kneed about 2012 and that has absolutely NO biblical link to Daniel's lost generation as 1988 and 1998 have come and gone. 2007 was the last great prediction based on 1967 + ONE LOST GENERATION of 40 years (Jerusalem surrounded aka the 6 day war) Thus any predictions now have to be "invented" with a new angle. Danielsun was eaten by the lions - finally.

Old 06-30-2009, 10:55 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,596,932 times
Quote:
It's not that I feel unworthy or I hate myself, it's just a truth that our souls are always progressing. One truth may be true today and tomorrow it may no longer be a truth. We are constantly changing and I was only stating that my soul condition, whether it's grown or something isn't ringing true, may not understand or it has outgrown that truth. It may have been that I'm not ready to hear a higher truth because of something in my past that I may not have overcome.

I hope that makes sense.
1)My grandmother use to say to me, 'the day you stop learning is the day you die.' So I am going to take the reference to the progression or your soul within that same manner if you will.

2)There are those things with in my past, deeds that I did, that I can certainly relate to 'higher truth because of something in my past', you say you have yet to over come them, BUT...

Asking in humble prayer in the light of realization for forgiveness, works. My oldest son is alive today, because of such a prayer I said in the asking thereof and all my sins before his birth were forgiven and my son's life is the sign, given to me by Jesus, that all is well, within my soul.

Don't take my word for it. Jesus is the truth and the light and He is constant never changing, ask Him, He'll tell you. Through faith, I say these things. amen

Old 06-30-2009, 11:05 AM

4,655 posts, read 5,070,365 times
Quote:
Can you tell me why you believe that things cannot be "inspired" in todays society as it was when the bible oringinated? Why them and not us?
I have no problem with God providing a message to someone today. It's when a "prophet" of today conflicts with the inspired scriptures that we have an issue.
Quote:

You do know that the original writers of the bible were channelers? They channeled the messages that they claim were from God but in actuality they were from His ministering angels, doing their job of uplifting the human race.
Call it "channeling" if you want. They received messages from God--some of them through angels, some it doesn't say how. It can only be assumed they received direct revelation from God.
Quote:
The bible clearly states to test the spirits to see if they are of God. The messages we receive are of God and His love for mankind. He is lifting our species to higher truths. In todays society, you will begin to see more and more people channeling. It's a gift from God in order to learn higher truths and inspiration from God. Why would you believe that they, the original writers of the bible, are more priveleged to receive those truths and we are not?
And if the messages you receive contradict the scriptures you are a false prophet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality