Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2009, 07:01 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,633,334 times

Advertisements

yeshuasavedme wrote:
Quote:
This lion refused to eat meat all its life long.
You forgot to mention that this information is from a creationism website which have no credibility whatsoever. As far as dogs are concerned are you actually admitting that dogs evolved from wolves? Wolves are primarily carnivorous but their diet is wide ranging and will even include earthworms. The point that I was trying to make in my earlier post is that certain animals have evolved to either be carnivorous, plant eating, or omnivores which can eat either meat or plants like you and me. Well, I'm not sure about you, have you ever tracked down a yam and killed it with a bow and arrow? Needless to say I think your posts are slightly out of touch with reality but I won't hold that against you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2009, 07:16 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,754,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
Darwin has been debunked by evolutionists who had to admit he knew nothing, when his theories were proved false.
Darwin developed the basic idea (though others had similar, though not identical thoughts before him) but what he knew of his own theory comprised a minute portion of what is known today about that same theory. Regardless of what you (and other creationists) want to believe so desperately, the theory of evolution has not been "debunked". It seems you have an incredibly narrow understanding of evolution, and in turn will believe anything you're told as long as it's from a creationist website. For you own sake, I seriously wish you would at least attempt, with an open mind, to learn how evolution actually works. You must understand that I, just like you, thought it was ridiculous at one time. I even thought that after I stopped believing in God. Before long however, I realized that I had not understood it before. In fact, I was amazed myself at how feeble a grasp I had on it in the past once I took the time to honestly understand it. I truly believed that I understood evolution when I used to argue against it on forums, but once I actually learned about it, I realized how little I had previously understood. It suddenly all "clicked", as they say. And lo and behold, it wouldn't have required me to stop believing in God in the first place (though I did anyway, but that's not at all a requirement to understanding evolution). I imagine I wasted a lot of time typing this, as you'll just immediately dismiss everything I wrote instead of at least giving it some thought. But, hey, I suppose it's worth a try.

Old 08-24-2009, 11:30 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,975,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplight View Post
Darwin developed the basic idea (though others had similar, though not identical thoughts before him) but what he knew of his own theory comprised a minute portion of what is known today about that same theory. Regardless of what you (and other creationists) want to believe so desperately, the theory of evolution has not been "debunked". It seems you have an incredibly narrow understanding of evolution, and in turn will believe anything you're told as long as it's from a creationist website. For you own sake, I seriously wish you would at least attempt, with an open mind, to learn how evolution actually works. You must understand that I, just like you, thought it was ridiculous at one time. I even thought that after I stopped believing in God. Before long however, I realized that I had not understood it before. In fact, I was amazed myself at how feeble a grasp I had on it in the past once I took the time to honestly understand it. I truly believed that I understood evolution when I used to argue against it on forums, but once I actually learned about it, I realized how little I had previously understood. It suddenly all "clicked", as they say. And lo and behold, it wouldn't have required me to stop believing in God in the first place (though I did anyway, but that's not at all a requirement to understanding evolution). I imagine I wasted a lot of time typing this, as you'll just immediately dismiss everything I wrote instead of at least giving it some thought. But, hey, I suppose it's worth a try.
Do you also agree with one of Darwins basic ideas that state that the European race, following the inevitable laws of natural selection, will emerge as the distinct species, human being, and all the transitional forms-such as the gorilla, chimpanzee, Negro, ect. will be extinct? As stated by Benjamin Wiker.

Evolution came about when Darwin first rejected the God of the Bible, and after that, the nonsense began. Darwin stated the African was inferior because they represented the missing-link between the ape and Teuton. So once people understood this, thanks to Darwins insane theory. The blacks of his time now scientifically could be considered near the animal level. And this gave justification for some to consider them less than human. Of course, we don't see any of this in our text books today do we?

You have spent a part of your life following a racist, who pretended to be a man of science. I have spent my life following a God that has more then once revealed Himself to me. Darwins tree of life has now become our bush of life. And we now can see that much of what was pushed in the public schools was B.S., and much of what they will continue to teach will be revealed in the future to be B.S. as well.

I believe those who have bought into Darwins theory are almost suffering from a form of mental illness. I say that, because it matters little what hard evidence you present to them that refutes the theory, and it matters even less when you reveal the fact that Darwin was fully a racist who created a theory that others used to slander numerous races around the world. And his theory was clearly the foundation that other madmen used to justify their atrocities. Hitlers programs of racial genocide of the Jews, and other such groups were based on the fact that he believed they were genetically inferior. Hitler used the German word for evolution numerous times in Mein Kampf, and blamed the Jews for bringing negroes into Germany. He spoke of those who were half human and half man as being inferior.

Richard Weikart, who authored from Darwin to Hitler, states "that Darwinism undermined traditional morality and the value of human life. Then, evolutionary progress became the new moral imperative."

The morality of the Nazi Holocaust was aided by the fact that Darwins theories inspired some to believe that certain races are but animals on the lower branches of the tree of life. And as such, those branches had to be cut to allow the tree to grow.

Old 08-24-2009, 11:37 PM

1,317 posts, read 2,056,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
You have spent a part of your life following a racist..
No, racism IS exclusively the domain of your goatherder gawd and his followers.

Why are there still black only churches and predominantly white churches, why does TBN do two segments with their telethons where one is lily white and the other soot black? You are supposed to be worshiping the same Jesus and gawd?

Racism is the exclusive domain of theists who think they are better than all the rest of mankind.

Old 08-25-2009, 01:00 AM

33,566 posts, read 37,172,616 times
Quote:
Richard Weikart, who authored from Darwin to Hitler, states "that Darwinism undermined traditional morality and the value of human life. Then, evolutionary progress became the new moral imperative."
Do you ever find anybody credible?

Weikart is best known for his 2004 book From Darwin to Hitler: Evolutionary Ethics, Eugenics and Racism in Germany. The Discovery Institute, the hub of the intelligent design movement, "provided crucial funding" for the book's research. He and is a senior fellow for the Center for "Science" and Culture of the Discovery Institute.

Old 08-25-2009, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justme58 View Post
No, racism IS exclusively the domain of your goatherder gawd and his followers.

Why are there still black only churches and predominantly white churches, why does TBN do two segments with their telethons where one is lily white and the other soot black? You are supposed to be worshiping the same Jesus and gawd?

Racism is the exclusive domain of theists who think they are better than all the rest of mankind.
I don't attend church because of my Job, yet my wife does, and they do have members of different races there. And it was Christians in the 1960s who led the fight and opposed segregation. So please, don't judge the whole of the Christian faith on some churches you saw.

And getting back to the family tree. Henry Gee, who of course is the editor of Nature magazine states that the search for a fossil as a missing link stems from evolutionist efforts to find a straw to cling to during their quest to keep the theory of evolution alive. You see, even Henry Gee who is without question a true believer in Evolution understands that the evidence that is suppose to support the theory of evolution is non existent. And you can't blame his statement on Christian Propaganda. This is your own guy speaking here. Henry Gee knows there is no real science that can confirm the theory. Evolution has been so pushed as a fact, that people are shocked when they discover it is more a belief than real science. And it was also Henry Gee who points out that the old idea of the missing link (IS BUNK).

Old 08-25-2009, 01:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Do you ever find anybody credible?

Weikart is best known for his 2004 book From Darwin to Hitler: Evolutionary Ethics, Eugenics and Racism in Germany. The Discovery Institute, the hub of the intelligent design movement, "provided crucial funding" for the book's research. He and is a senior fellow for the Center for "Science" and Culture of the Discovery Institute.
During a meeting when Hitler and his thugs decided to destroy the Jewish people. One of Hitlers people spoke up and stated. "Darwin would be astounded at what we will accomplish in one year." Consider the link below. It matters little who provides the funding, the truth will still come out, and without question Hitler was motivated by Darwins theory.

YouTube - Darwin's Deadly Legacy (3 of 7)

Old 08-25-2009, 01:59 AM

33,566 posts, read 37,172,616 times
Quote:
Henry Gee knows there is no real science that can confirm the theory. Evolution has been so pushed as a fact, that people are shocked when they discover it is more a belief than real science. And it was also Henry Gee who points out that the old idea of the missing link (IS BUNK).
This is a bald faced lie. From Nature.com.... evoeco@nature.com : Evolution articles, jobs and information

Old 08-25-2009, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
This is a bald faced lie. From Nature.com.... evoeco@nature.com : Evolution articles, jobs and information
No sanspeur it is not a bald faced lie. Senior Editor of Nature magazine Henry gee made that statement, In The Guardian. Speaking about the new skull discovery he states. Whatever the outcome, the skull shows, once and for all, that the old idea of a "missing link" (IS BUNK)...It should now be quite plain that the very idea of the missing link, always shaky, is now completely untenable.

Last edited by Campbell34; 08-25-2009 at 02:23 AM..

Old 08-25-2009, 02:33 AM

1,301 posts, read 2,111,845 times
Still waiting for you to show us all you know what evolution is and how it works.

How long is this gonna take?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality