Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would/could you kill and die for your religion?
I would both die and kill for it. 0 0%
I would die for it. 7 16.67%
I would kill for it. 0 0%
No, I would/could not. 35 83.33%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 08:00 PM

1,780 posts, read 2,353,694 times

Advertisements

If another Holy Crusade started or a prophet said that God said to, would you/could you kill people who refused to believe in your religion?

Would you die for you religion?

Please dont just say Yes, think about this and answer truthfully.

If you where told by your religious leaders to kill thousands or millions of innocent people, could you do it? Could you kill a woman? could you kill a teenager? could you kill a child? could you kill your own family or friends if it was commanded of you by a prophet or by God?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2009, 08:25 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,435,584 times
I might not have a choice in regard to dying for my religion....the person trying to kill me would make that choice,and i would defend myself to the best of my ability.I wouldnt follow a religion that advocated killing those who dont believe as i do.

Old 08-24-2009, 09:13 PM

3,770 posts, read 10,578,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fracturedman View Post
If another Holy Crusade started or a prophet said that God said to, would you/could you kill people who refused to believe in your religion?

If you where told by your religious leaders to kill thousands or millions of innocent people, could you do it? Could you kill a woman? could you kill a teenager? could you kill a child? could you kill your own family or friends if it was commanded of you by a prophet or by God?
You are describing a cult something along the lines of Charles Manson.

Old 08-24-2009, 09:17 PM

112 posts, read 128,016 times
As an atheist, I would never kill in the name of it, doing this would be the ultimate hypocrisy. One main reason I am against not religious is because of violence in the name of it, which I deem as unacceptable in all circumstances. If I were to kill to advance atheism, I would be no better than an insane Muslim/Christian. In fact, I don't really care if atheism really progresses in the future as long as religion stays out of my government and life, but if atheism does end up taking the majority in the future (irreligion is growing rapidly) I would prefer if some believed just for the fun of the debate.

Old 08-24-2009, 09:20 PM

2,339 posts, read 4,403,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noland123 View Post

Gee...sounds really close to what "god" "told" the good ole Israelites to do in the OT!

Old 08-24-2009, 09:22 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,685,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fracturedman View Post

I'm an atheist, and I certainly wouldn't kill anyone over my beliefs. I leave that to you religious folks.

Old 08-24-2009, 09:31 PM

3,331 posts, read 5,958,411 times
I certainly wouldn't kill for or in the name of my beliefs (or non-belief), but I would fight back with anyone who truly tried to attack my culture at gunpoint.

Old 08-24-2009, 09:37 PM

1,266 posts, read 1,799,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noland123 View Post

Yes, a comparison to Manson does describe Bible god to a tee..

Old 08-24-2009, 09:39 PM

3,067 posts, read 4,104,864 times
Who do you want me to kill?

Old 08-24-2009, 09:48 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,903,410 times
Hell, I can't even bring myself to kill most bugs ! Killing things is creepy, unless it's for self defense. Think : Kwai Chang Caine. I don't think he or the Lone Ranger ever Killed anyone, and certainly not for the evil sky daddy's order to do so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality