Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2009, 03:48 PM

970 posts, read 1,700,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gplex View Post
You can be an atheist, and not opposed to theism. Just as you can not be convince that bigfoot exist, but not opposed to people believing in bigfoot.
I know. I am an atheist too, remember?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gplex
You can be a theist and a "anti-theism". Theism is the belief in at lease 1 god. So if you are anti any god, you are a anti theism or anti belief in at lease 1 god. So Christians and Muslims are anti-theist.
The way I understand the word, to be an anti-theist is to wish for the abolition of all forms of theism (in the same way that being an atheism means not believing in any god).

Quote:
Originally Posted by cncracer
I found it funny when debating with a catholic friend on the subject of crime and morality among atheist and Christians. She informed me atheist got away with crimes because we were smarter and sneaker than Christians.
I'll take that as a compliment .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2009, 08:59 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,306,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick.leviman View Post
Sorry for provocative subject, because I was unable to invent anything better. This question was inspired by this article:

My point is that those kinds of crimes could be done mostly by religious fanatics. Atheists or agnostics would never do such things.. Would they?

P.S. Two Christian guys at my work was extremely pissed when I showed them this article.. Apparently they believe that atheists are evil and religion is cool. If I'm saying that atheists committing less crimes (better) then religious people then their reaction is "it is all atheist propaganda", "lie" etc.
So I decided to put this touchy subject on internet.
The funny thing is atheists are quick to point out a person who calls themselves christian and does something stupid, without even knowing why the person did something, and over look millions of atheists that have done stupid stuff.

What about Michael Carneal who opened fire on a prayer group, where countless was wounded and actually killed. Why are you not posting that?

What about the statistics that say atheists are responsible for youth crimes? I'm sure you will eventually create a post of that.

The fact or the matter is anyone can call themselves Christian, you don't know what is going on in a persons head. A killer can call themselves Christians and kill because they are crazy, which has nothing to do with God.

Does Michael Carneal represent you or atheists?

Also, there are countless stories of articles about atheists being responsible for Nazis and mass murders, are atheists responsible?

I'm sure you are going to argue that atheists are not responsible, but others think other wise. You see, what others do, does not represent you.

There are milliions of atheists who are criminals, who have killed, murdered, just like those who call themselves christians.

What about Stalin, Mao Zedong, and Pol Pot were atheists and look at the destruction that they did. Did they do this in the name of atheism? Oh, I'm sure you will deny they did not, how do you know what was going on in the minds of those atheists?

Sure Stalin went to seminary as a teen, as we see being an atheists was his choice,. All of them believed in Marxism-Communism.

Pol killed over three million people including, intellectuals" include anyone with a college education, civil servants from the previous regime, Buddhist monks, Muslim leaders, Christian clergy, teachers and practically all members of the middle class, and this is the same for what Moa did and believed.

I can also start a thread about these evil men who are atheists, do as you have done, which proves nothing.

There are countless others who are atheists who have done horrible things. So, don't play this game posting about someone who you know nothing about or their motives, and want to just get the point out that they are christian.

I can as others can do the same with countless stories of atheists who have done the same.

Atheism and Mass Murder - Conservapedia

Atheists are quick to point out that throughout history large numbers of people were killed in the name of Religion; but they fail to mention the countless millions who were killed by leaders who worshipped themselves or by militant atheist-Communists who were driven by a hatred for God and Religion.

MILITANT ATHEISTS/ATHEISM CRIMES AND EVILS OF COMMUNIST ATHEISM

Old 09-19-2009, 09:18 PM

2,782 posts, read 4,167,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxolan View Post
I know. I am an atheist too, remember?
The way I understand the word, to be an anti-theist is to wish for the abolition of all forms of theism (in the same way that being an atheism means not believing in any god).

I'll take that as a compliment .
By your definition, how could anyone be a anti theism, without being as dogmatic as the abrahamic religions?

Old 09-19-2009, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
I can as others can do the same with countless stories of atheists who have done the same.

Atheism and Mass Murder - Conservapedia

Atheists are quick to point out that throughout history large numbers of people were killed in the name of Religion; but they fail to mention the countless millions who were killed by leaders who worshipped themselves or by militant atheist-Communists who were driven by a hatred for God and Religion.

MILITANT ATHEISTS/ATHEISM CRIMES AND EVILS OF COMMUNIST ATHEISM
Most atheist today lack the dogmatic beliefs that lead to these atrocities.
Not being any belief at all, atheism can’t motivate anyone in any direction to do anything. So blaming atheism for something is just plan wrong.
Here is a thread I made on this.
http://www.city-data.com/forum/relig...701-dogma.html

The majority of religions are fulled with dogmatic and tribalism beliefs.

Old 09-19-2009, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Most atheist today lack the dogmatic beliefs that lead to these atrocities.
Not being any belief at all, atheism can’t motivate anyone in any direction to do anything. So blaming atheism for something is just plan wrong.
Here is a thread I made on this.
http://www.city-data.com/forum/relig...701-dogma.html

The majority of religions are fulled with dogmatic and tribalism beliefs.
Yea, right: atheists can kill just like anyone else. You are right blaming atheism for anything is wrong, just like blaming christianity is wrong.

That was the point of my post. I see that it struck a nerve.

An ATHEIST walked into the First Baptist Church of Maryville Illinois to shoot and kill pastor Fred Winters, but was gunned down.

So, I can do the same thing as some atheists do and blame christianity. I could easily say that atheisms played a part in the shooting in this church and other churches.

So, you see this can go both ways. So, these dummies hijacked a plane and call themselves christians, means nothing. They hijacked a plane, and call themselves christian.

An atheists shot and killed during a prayer meeting, an atheists went inside of a church to kill a preacher. What is the difference between the christians who hijacked the plane, and the atheists who had guns who killed, nothing?

Before you or others try to point out ignorant christians out their, you better point out ignorant atheists also. They both are foolish.

Last edited by Miss Shawn_2828; 09-19-2009 at 10:08 PM..

Old 09-19-2009, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Yea, right: atheists can kill just like anyone else. You are right blaming atheism for anything is wrong, just like blaming christianity is wrong.

That was the point of my post. I see that it struck a nerve.

An ATHEIST walked into the First Baptist Church of Maryville Illinois to shoot and kill pastor Fred Winters, but was gunned down.

So, I can do the same thing as some atheists do and blame christianity. I could easily say that atheisms played a part in the shooting in this church and other churches.

So, you see this can go both ways. So, these dummies hijacked a plan and call themselves christians, means nothing. They hijacked a plan, and call themselves christian.

An atheists shot and killed during a prayer meeting, an atheists went inside of a church to kill a preacher. What is the difference between the christians who hijacked the plane, and the atheists who had guns who killed, nothing?
If a christian stones her disobedient children to death, or a muslim flys a plane into a building, we know they only did that because of their religion.

Inspired by atheism? I already answer that.
Quote:
You fail to understand what "atheism" means. Not being any belief at all, atheism can’t motivate anyone in any direction to do anything. To claim something is inspired by atheism, is a oxymoron.
A christian who killed in the name of Christianity, killed in the name of Christianity
An atheist who kills, killed because he/she is a bad person.

Name me one good thing that a religious person could do that a non religious could not? Got nothing?
But you can instantly name something that would be caused by a christian or muslim because of their religion.

Old 09-19-2009, 10:01 PM

Quote:
If a christian stones her disobedient children to death, or a muslim flys a plane into a building, we know they only did that because of their religion.

Inspired by atheism? I already answer that.

A christian who killed in the name of Christianity, killed in the name of Christianity
An atheist who kills, killed because he/she is a bad person.

Name me one good thing that a religious person could do that a non religious could not? Got nothing?
But you can instantly name something that would be caused by a christian or muslim because of their religion.
Anyone can kill in the name of anything. The priest who hijacked the plain did so on their on their on accord, not Christianity.

There are millions of atheists who kill. They are no different than a stupid christian who kills.

Atheist and evolutionist killer massacres 8 innocent people in a public school in Finland. His word: "I am a cynical existentialist, antihuman humanist, antisocial socialdarwinist, realistic idealist and godlike atheist." and "I, as a natural selector, will eliminate all who I see unfit, disgraces of human race and failures of natural selection.

Yea, right you try to compare the two, because you don't want to see the facts.

If a Christian kills another man, it shouldn't matter whether it was motivated by faith or not. The fact that Christian principles dictate that killing is wrong should be enough.

I am a Christian and I can go out and kill a million people because of my choice, so can atheists. A christian hijacked a plane because he wanted to take the plan, he didn't do it in the name of christianity.

Just like he didn't take the plane in the name of Christianity, there are millions of atheists who have done the same or killed. There is no difference. Someone wants to point this out, I am merely pointing out just like they are.

Last edited by Miss Shawn_2828; 09-19-2009 at 10:11 PM..

Old 09-19-2009, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Anyone can kill in the name of anything. The priest who hijacked the plain did so on their on their on accord, not Christianity.

There are millions of atheists who kill. They are no different than a stupid christian who kills.

Atheist and evolutionist killer massacres 8 innocent people in a public school in Finland. His word: "I am a cynical existentialist, antihuman humanist, antisocial socialdarwinist, realistic idealist and godlike atheist." and "I, as a natural selector, will eliminate all who I see unfit, disgraces of human race and failures of natural selection.

Yea, right you try to compare the two, because you don't want to see the facts.

If a Christian kills another man, it shouldn't matter whether it was motivated by faith or not. The fact that Christian principles dictate that killing is wrong should be enough.

I am a Christian and I can go out and kill a million people because of my choice, so can atheists.
What? Do you not read my post?
Read over my post slowly, you will find I did not dispute that people kill people.

I am saying that good people can be inspired by dogma to do bad things.

The killer also believe in gravity, why do you mention that? Anyone who understands evolution knows that social Darwinism is just made up bs. Antihuman humanist? Are you kidding me. Clearly that kid was crazy and stupid.
I have compared the two, and I clearly understand the phenomena much better then you.

It does matter. When a dogmatic belief convince someone that killing people is a good idea, we should turn and face the ignorance of that dogma.

YouTube - The Human Dilemma: Dogma And Ignorance

Old 09-19-2009, 10:36 PM

Quote:
What? Do you not read my post?
Read over my post slowly, you will find I did not dispute that people kill people.

I am saying that good people can be inspired by dogma to do bad things.

The killer also believe in gravity, why do you mention that? Anyone who understands evolution knows that social Darwinism is just made up bs. Antihuman humanist? Are you kidding me. Clearly that kid was crazy and stupid.
I have compared the two, and I clearly understand the phenomena much better then you.

It does matter. When a dogmatic belief convince someone that killing people is a good idea, we should turn and face the ignorance of that dogma.

YouTube - The Human Dilemma: Dogma And Ignorance
LOL, yea right!!!

Old 09-19-2009, 11:07 PM

Quote:
LOL, yea right!!!
Exactly what don't you like about my response?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality