Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2010, 04:37 PM

4,348 posts, read 7,357,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
Does anyone know if cncracer has a "sign up list?"

Not sure how long June's braided corn rows will last....She was up half the night braiding away!
I think prior to getting a sign up list, and brochures we need to pick a location and date. This being the end of the Beach season it might be less congested and if we were to choose a remote location such as Bald Head Island we could have greater privacy, but than we would also have Bill Bennett the Drug Czar under Reagan and a writer of several books on virtues whose home sits in the prime sunning area. We night be able to swing him to our side if we bring a bookie as I hear he likes to gamble. Than we have Figure eight Island which is also private, and with crystal clear waters. We will have to use care there to avoid the press as they would be watching for any connection with John Edwards who is recovering from his separation while living just down the beach from Al Gore’s beach home, and Kim Basinger ocean front retreat. (she looks better in real life than on film if that is possible) This might be too much temptation for Edwards what with the corn rows, and morning nude runs on the beach, and after seeing Gore’s last series of photos with clothes I am not sure if any of us are ready to see that much if he should decide to join us in the afternoon limbo competition. There is also the area just north of Duck, NC which is private, filled with only lawyers and stock brokers from New York and Boston (no virture issue here) and becomes less and less public as you head north. The issue here is it is a very high rent area, and if your mode of transportation is less than a Gulf Stream IV you will not be allowed to use the local private airport.
I have not included the southern most Island in NC know as Bird Island even though I am pleased to have personally witnessed it as a nude sunning beach for the dancers from several clubs in Myrtle Beach, SC. It has a good anchorage and no homes on the island, and on one of Mrs. Cncracer and my sailing trips we anchored overnight behind this pristine Island. My problem is the next morning I took the dogs ashore for their morning rest break, and saw a wondrous sight scattered as far as my eyes could see. I not sure if I am allowed to go back there. It has something to do with it not taking four hours for the dogs to use the rest room.

So it boils down to Bald Head Island, http://www.baldheadisland.com/explore/recreation_page.aspx

Figure Eight Island http://www.figure8island.com/

Or the Outer Banks north of Duck, NC http://www.thesanderling.com/

Unless you force the Bird Island choice http://www.nccoastalreserve.net/About-The-Reserve/Reserve-Sites/Bird-Island/87.aspx

Last edited by cncracer; 10-02-2010 at 05:25 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2010, 05:51 PM

7,998 posts, read 12,277,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cncracer View Post

I think prior to getting a sign up list, and brochures we need to pick a location and date.
~June is thinking that since this event has the potential for being such an unprecidented, ground breaking event, where never before have city-data members gathered for anything such as "Nude Beach Week" that the least we can do is go all out, and book a beach in the Caribbean!

http://www.4travelvacations.com/imag..._caribbean.jpg

...Cuz June can't run naked down just any beach, ya know!

YouTube - BOLERO-RAVEL

Old 10-02-2010, 07:56 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,660,863 times
I was thinking more along the lines of the French Riviera, sorta reminds me of this, and I know this is a little risqué, but what the heck..

YouTube - Dancer Sally Rand & Her Alluring Fans

Old 10-02-2010, 08:29 PM

7,998 posts, read 12,277,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post

I know this is a little risqué, but what the heck..

Oh dear Lord, June has never blushed so much in her entire life as she did in viewing that video!

Old 10-02-2010, 08:53 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,660,863 times
Quote:
Oh dear Lord, June has never blushed so much in her entire life as she did in viewing that video!

Hey that's a classic from 1933....

Old 10-02-2010, 09:43 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,175,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nawary View Post
>>>>>>>>>>>

Oh please !!
US got a high percent of sexual abuse >>
one of the reasons is wearing unrespectful clothes ...
I also think that womens look cheap on that way
My best friend was sexually harassed at work while we were in high school. She dressed very modestly. I was sexually harassed very briefly at work, too (he was fired after my first week - yay!) and I was wearing a uniform. People that commit sexual abuse and sexual crimes will do so regardless of what people wear.
As someone who has struggled with body image for my entire life - I will never tell someone what they can and can't wear. I might have snarky comments pop up in my head - but honestly, I think people should be allowed to wear whatever makes them feel good.

Old 10-02-2010, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
I was thinking more along the lines of the French Riviera, sorta reminds me of this, and I know this is a little risqué, but what the heck..

YouTube - Dancer Sally Rand & Her Alluring Fans
You know - I've had to perform in shows wearing a bikini, lingerie, a bra and a see though skirt, and many more skimpy and revealing out fits - but I don't think I could ever do that fan dance on stage!!! Plus, I'm kind of clutzy and would probably drop a fan! Oops!

Old 10-02-2010, 10:00 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,538,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nawary View Post
>>>>>>>>>>>

Oh please !!
US got a high percent of sexual abuse >>
one of the reasons is wearing unrespectful clothes ...
I also think that womens look cheap on that way
That is too absurd to even respond to..................

Old 10-03-2010, 06:59 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,610,917 times
Quote:
...Cuz June can't run naked down just any beach, ya know!
Sure you can. Here in the US of A, we can solve any problem. All we have to do is pass another law. Voila--leave the bathing suit at home!

Old 10-03-2010, 09:28 AM

I had a dream last night that I was seeing a show with some of my friends and I went topless. At first I was fine - and then the realization that I was topless set in and I was totally embarassed.

I blame all of you for this dream.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality