Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2010, 04:56 PM

3,614 posts, read 3,503,313 times

Advertisements

You can't make an argument if you don't have defined terms.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2010, 05:04 PM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konraden View Post
You can't make an argument if you don't have defined terms.
You just don't like the defined term because it is anathema to you . . . but the characteristics are undeniably Godly . . . you simply refuse to accept that. "Nature" is your way of ignoring that reality by positing a non-God "something" that has God's essential (not disputable) scientifically discernible and verifiable characteristics . . . but is not God. No sale.

Old 04-18-2010, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You just don't like the defined term because it is anathema to you . . . but the characteristics are undeniably Godly . . . you simply refuse to accept that. "Nature" is your way of ignoring that reality by positing a non-God "something" that has God's essential (not disputable) scientifically discernible and verifiable characteristics . . . but is not God. No sale.
Define God.

Old 04-18-2010, 06:51 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,653,625 times
Quote:
Wow . . . i appreciate the kind words and your enthusiasm for my work (backed up with cash no less!). But I could never charge anyone for enlightenment. Besides . . . the written word is a poor medium for enlightenment . . . because of the absence of the direct back-and-forth necessary to deal with the many objections, misunderstandings and incorrect knowledge that arise in each individual reader.

This forum provides some ability to address each of those as they appear in rebuttal or support. But I simply do not have the time to write a generic explanation that will anticipate those that will occur upon reading my synthesis all at once. The education and understanding of reality of those reading can be quite diverse and of varying intellectual quality. Finding a balance that would reach the largest number is no small task. I attempted it many years ago . . . and it was less than satisfying. My experiences here in the forum have convinced me that it would be a fruitless task without the ability to directly address the mistaken reading and understanding that is so typical. I will try to provide YOU specifically in PM with what I can over time, Gldnrule . . . as often as I can. My meditation technique recommendations are in my existing posts . . . perhaps a search through them on keywords might produce what you seek.
Don't look at it as charging for enlightenment...look at it as me buying you a few nice dinners in appreciation of you taking time out of your life to send me something I ASKED for. There is nothing else I could think of to do for you...in your first PM send any address you (you don't even need a name, I'll send an entire Postal M.O.--blank) could pick up mail at. I'll send it out as quick as Seabiscuit! You have to allow me the priveledge...I wouldn't feel right about accepting otherwise. I'm thrilled! Guru Mystic is going to send me Truth!! What a Blessing!!!

Should I just use "meditation" as a keyword...or is there some name to the technique that would trigger it better. You've put up a lot of posts for a search to filter.

Old 04-18-2010, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Define God.
Here's the short list of ESSENTIAL and indisputable attributes of God. You tell what is NOT godly about them. ALL the rest (including yours) are opinion and subject to dispute.

God is the Creator of all that exists, especially life. God establishes the rules that govern the universe and all matter/energy and life within it. God is the source of the sustenance for all life and the director of its evolution and development. God determines the life spans and reproductive cycles for all life. God determines the evolution of everything in the universe. God is ubiquitous.

Old 04-18-2010, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Here's the short list of ESSENTIAL and indisputable attributes of God. You tell what is NOT godly about them. ALL the rest (including yours) are opinion and subject to dispute.

God is the Creator of all that exists, especially life.
Assumes "all that exists" was created.

Quote:
God establishes the rules that govern the universe
Would these be the "properties" you refer to? Can you enumerate them?

Quote:
and all matter/energy
What rules govern matter and energy?

Quote:
and life within it.
What rules govern life?

Quote:
God is the source of the sustenance for all life
God is food?

Quote:
and the director of its evolution and development.
What is the goal of evolution?

Quote:
God determines the life spans and reproductive cycles for all life.
What life spans? Individual? Community? Species?

What reproductive cycles? Are you referring to ovulation periods in human females? What of male-controlled ovulation?

Quote:
God determines the evolution of everything in the universe.
What is the end goal of evolution?

Quote:
God is ubiquitous.
definition by synonym.

So, congratulations, you've just defined energy. How is God different from energy?

Old 04-18-2010, 10:13 PM

33,543 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:

God is the Creator of all that exists, especially life. God establishes the rules that govern the universe and all matter/energy and life within it. God is the source of the sustenance for all life and the director of its evolution and development. God determines the life spans and reproductive cycles for all life. God determines the evolution of everything in the universe. God is ubiquitous.
Pure supposition, and not a lot different than any other belief in the supernatural....There is nothing indisputable about god, How ever you choose to define it I dispute it....Opinions are always disputable, and that is all this is....Your opinion.

Old 04-19-2010, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Assumes "all that exists" was created.
How do you suppose it happened? It is here and must be accounted for . . . creation is the only option.
Quote:
Would these be the "properties" you refer to? Can you enumerate them?
Do you have ANY education at all. These constant childish "Why, Daddy, What Daddy, Where Daddy" questions of yours indicate zero knowledge or intelligence and attempt to place the burden of your education on me.
Quote:
What rules govern matter and energy?
What rules govern life?
God is food?
::Sigh:: You are so childish and being deliberately obtuse. If you have any legitimate intellectual purpose for these asinine childish queries . . . Man up and address them directly.
Quote:
What is the goal of evolution?
Consciousness.
Quote:
What life spans? Individual? Community? Species?
What reproductive cycles? Are you referring to ovulation periods in human females? What of male-controlled ovulation?
ALL your "natural" ones . . . asshat.
Quote:
What is the end goal of evolution?
See above.
Quote:
Quote:
God is ubiquitous.
definition by synonym.
Pathetic.
Quote:
So, congratulations, you've just defined energy. How is God different from energy?
Why the hell would God have to be different from energy? Since all that actually exists is energy . . . it is the very substance of God.

Old 04-19-2010, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Pure supposition, and not a lot different than any other belief in the supernatural....
Explain and justify this asinine assertion. Show the suppositional nature and/or the supernatural nature of anything I listed.Otherwise go home and get educated.
Quote:
There is nothing indisputable about god, How ever you choose to define it I dispute it....Opinions are always disputable, and that is all this is....Your opinion.
The attributes I listed are indisputable and they are Godly. They are facts . . NOT opinion. Your problem with the name is subjective bias.

Old 04-19-2010, 12:51 AM

33,543 posts, read 37,145,710 times
You can scream, shout, insult and repeat all you want...It doesn't make your suppositions or opinions true...You have not supplied one bit of evidence except your word...No good enough..
By the way ....Insults are the last resort of the incompetent ...Can't remember who said that, but it's so true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality