Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2015, 04:11 AM

2,033 posts, read 1,681,350 times

Advertisements

I hear sex is great for relieving a headache!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2015, 04:14 AM

106,721 posts, read 108,913,061 times
does it matter if it is with a partner ?

Old 11-01-2015, 04:32 AM

2,646 posts, read 1,847,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Anyway, I know a few women in their early 70s who are still looking for a good man. A lot of the men out there are louts who won't help out at home, have alcohol problems, or they only want a much younger woman. But this thread has taught me why they want the younger women.

Duh. It's because the older women don't want sex and the older men do.

Women usually want companionship. Men want sex. That leaves the men going for the younger women and usually getting stuck with someone incompatible, often a gold digger. And it leaves the older women alone.

So glad I finally figured that out, LOL.
How about meeting somewhere in the middle?? Ha!! Having both is too much to be hoping for at this stage of my life. I have always been such a dreamer and yet, life goes on and there has to be hope; this thread may open some eyes.................hey dudes are you listening???

Old 11-01-2015, 04:33 AM

37,472 posts, read 61,423,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReachTheBeach View Post
We generally split cooking dinner. I do T days (Tuesday, Thursday, SaTurday) and she does the others, with usually at least one ending up being leftovers or take out or HS band competition or football game (eating there isn't just convenient; it is a fund raiser for the band or team). I am actually a pretty good cook. I do prefer grilling when I can, but it really is a preference for food that is grilled not just an aversion to using pots and pans.
That is not bad.

My Dw cooks on Sunday and Monday [her days 'off' from her job], I cook Tuesday thru Saturday.

We breed pigs and poultry, and we do a lot of gardening. So we have a lot of pork, poultry and seasonal veggies.

Old 11-01-2015, 04:41 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,492,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
That is not bad.

My Dw cooks on Sunday and Monday [her days 'off' from her job], I cook Tuesday thru Saturday.

We breed pigs and poultry, and we do a lot of gardening. So we have a lot of pork, poultry and seasonal veggies.
There's nothing like veggies fresh from the garden and fresh herbs.

Old 11-01-2015, 05:33 AM

16,282 posts, read 10,424,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yourown2feet View Post
This topic of sex after menopause sure hit a nerve with some. Might need its own thread. What is a reputation mark?
If you see a post you like there is a green button next to "rate this post positively" at the bottom left of the post. The poster will get a notification that someone liked/agreed with their post and they are reflected in the poster's "reputation" at the top right of his/her profile.

Old 11-01-2015, 05:33 AM

4,023 posts, read 3,801,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
That is not bad.

What's interesting is that we often have things up and end up swapping days, covering for each other and usually helping some pretty much everyday. It's more about primary responsibility than sole responsibility. When we shared without any such agreement, I felt like I did as much but didn't realize how much of a burden the planning is to her (deciding what meals to make to mix it up a little but be pretty sure it will get eaten). Keep in mind we still have teens; getting quantities right can be tricky.

Old 11-01-2015, 05:34 AM

11,655 posts, read 12,966,685 times
Well, a woman in her mid 60s was into me to the point where it seemed creepy. I was like 20 then.

Maybe they want young men?

Old 11-01-2015, 05:39 AM

4,023 posts, read 3,801,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
If you see a post you like there is a green button next to "rate this post positively" at the bottom left of the post. The poster will get a notification that someone liked/agreed with their post and they are reflected in the poster's "reputation" at the top right of his/her profile.
Or if you click the scales in the upper right you can leave a personalized comment along with the rep. The funny thing is I have gotten a couple of those where someone repped me to disagree privately.

Old 11-01-2015, 05:43 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,478,720 times
We're no longer living in Edwardian/backwards times. Women are free. We can make it on our own. We can work, own land and property. We can even have babies "out of wedlock", which was a career killer just 60 years ago. We are beginning to realize that we don't need 24-hour companionship...and the stress that comes with it. Marriage isn't the same "requirement" that it was decades ago, and many women are happy because of it. Men too. Not everyone wants a house with a white picket fence, a spouse and a couple of kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement