Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2020, 01:08 AM

4,393 posts, read 3,195,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyRepub View Post

And yet, you pontificate about "racism" as if your side has any moral authority at this point whatsoever.

How about this: Let's stop the violence and have a civilized conversation. Until you have adequately called out your side for this absolutely glaring shortcoming, your virtue signals ring hollow.

Question: Perhaps here's a good place to start: Where is most violence perpetrated against blacks in America? Answer: Cities.

Question: Who has had a hegemonic grip on most of our big cities for the last several decades? Answer: Democrats. Ergo, dare I say it, could they be a major part of the problem?

Extra Credit: How many large Republican cities have high per capita violent crime? Answer: Not many! And they do exist. Republicans run Fort Worth, Jacksonville, San Diego and other major cities - yet you don't see the crime infestation and the permissiveness toward "autonomous zones" there.

And perhaps, just perhaps, violence against blacks is a far more pressing issue than abolitionist statues.

Just a thought.
You don't seem to be catching onto the fact that no one is interested in framing everything as Democrat vs Republican, 'your side vs my side' childishness, and that your arguments would be more welcome in Politics and Other Controversies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2020, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Huh??? Tell me more about this revolution against statues in public parks, or vandalizing local businesses, or violence against the "little guy", or setting off fireworks in the middle of the night because your local healthcare workers aren't sleep deprived enough. Please TELL me.
Not worth my time. If thats your takeaway from my post anything else I posted would be equally misunderstood or twisted.

Old 06-30-2020, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Big. picture. sandsonik.
I'm talking about the big picture. In your head, who is this protest against? What are the demands? And perhaps more importantly, why haven't you gotten it started yet?

Old 06-30-2020, 05:52 AM

8,031 posts, read 4,698,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsonik View Post
Er, no. That's why we have history books, not to mention the Holocaust museum. We reserve places in the public square for those we honor. We have no statues of Osama bin Laden, Hirohito, Mussolini, and Hitler for a reason. And Lee should have been in that same category. It's obscene to spend money and space on a statue of a man who killed so many, I'm shocked you suggested it.
I'm not sure you understood the intent of the analogy, but I'll leave it to the poster if she wants to further explain.

As we know today, there are many lies in our history which truth demands correction now. We need not continue to glorify these lies by allowing these statuary tributes to remain. However, the removal of these obscenities is best done by a systematic means of executive or legislative action, rather than any lawless removal. This is happening, not just here in Rhode Island, but across the nation. In some of the most unlikely places.

Old 06-30-2020, 08:56 AM

23,560 posts, read 18,707,417 times
Quote:
Not worth my time. If thats your takeaway from my post anything else I posted would be equally misunderstood or twisted.
Not twisting anything. With your analogy, you literally promoted revolution and disorder. Who is the statue threatening right now? Who is facing oppression due to it's presence? Comparing it to the fate of black South Africans, REALLY???
Quote:
I'm talking about the big picture. In your head, who is this protest against? What are the demands? And perhaps more importantly, why haven't you gotten it started yet?
I don't protest. Not my thing, whether it be a statue or broken and violent society. Do I participate in other ways? Absolutely. But I'm more talking to the people who see violence and destruction as a solution to these problems. Those who can rationalize vandalizing a statue as a means to defeat racism, or as "the only possible way of defending against the oppressor"; must be able to find something that "symbolizes" the criminal dysfunction that harms everyday Providence residents.

Old 06-30-2020, 09:37 AM

7,817 posts, read 2,900,634 times
Quote:
You don't seem to be catching onto the fact that no one is interested in framing everything as Democrat vs Republican, 'your side vs my side' childishness, and that your arguments would be more welcome in Politics and Other Controversies.

Yet another post that doesn't dispute a single solitary thing I stated. Why even bother?

If you want to live in a fake reality where both Democrats and Republicans are looting and attacking innocent civilians, that's your right.

But it is my right to point out that there is only one party aiding and abetting this stuff. And that's the simple truth.

Old 06-30-2020, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Yet another post that doesn't dispute a single solitary thing I stated. Why even bother?

If you want to live in a fake reality where both Democrats and Republicans are looting and attacking innocent civilians, that's your right.

But it is my right to point out that there is only one party aiding and abetting this stuff. And that's the simple truth.
It's not like most every day Democrats are involved or even support this hooliganism going on. The disturbing part however, is that their prominent leaders are doing ZILCH to condemn any of this. That is the same as promoting.

Old 06-30-2020, 09:54 AM

8,031 posts, read 4,698,379 times
Quote:
Yet another post that doesn't dispute a single solitary thing I stated. Why even bother? If you want to live in a fake reality where both Democrats and Republicans are looting and attacking innocent civilians, that's your right.
What you're missing is "looting and attacking innocent civilians" is amongst the least of our nation's problems, regardless the single spaced cut/paste word salads about it here. According to polls, the national focus has now become one of justice & injustice. For the right wing and its media, the 2 words never see the light of day. Considered "fake reality", I guess.

Old 06-30-2020, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by independent man View Post
What you're missing is "looting and attacking innocent civilians" is amongst the least of our nation's problems, regardless the single spaced cut/paste word salads about it here. According to polls, the national focus has now become one of justice & injustice. For the right wing and its media, the 2 words never see the light of day. Considered "fake reality", I guess.
Huge contradiction there Independent Man. Do you think any of these victims will ever see "justice"?

Old 06-30-2020, 10:15 AM

7,817 posts, read 2,900,634 times
Quote:
It's not like most every day Democrats are involved or even support this hooliganism going on. The disturbing part however, is that their prominent leaders are doing ZILCH to condemn any of this. That is the same as promoting.

Right, and a lot of them aren't being shown the full extent of what is happening to this day.

My parents (who get their news from MSNBC - I was raised by Democrats) didn't even know how bad the riots were. MSNBC didn't even show any of the beatdowns, and now they've gone back to all COVID all the time, despite the fact that the violence is still happening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island