Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2007, 07:30 PM

3,468 posts, read 8,555,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
Does anyone know if the Wingstop that is suppose to go in next to the Pei Wei is a wish or reality?

Man, if someone had the brains to put in something other than pizza, burgers, or burritos they would make a killing. I am keeping my fingers crossed.....
OK Paka (and Michelle!), Chant with me now, "Panera Bread, Panera Bread, Panera Bread..." Maybe the power of postive thinking will bring it here!!! LOL!

And NYr, for us, "Green, Green, Green...." (have you tried it yet? mmmmmmmmmm!!! yummy!)

otherhalf and I have a dream for an eating/hanging out establishment somewhere in this area. If we win the lotto (I know, yeah right!) or find a sugar daddy, we'll all be happy!!

Old 07-01-2007, 06:58 AM

173 posts, read 617,459 times
I'm wishing for a Sushi Zushi!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-01-2007, 09:45 AM

5,642 posts, read 15,711,475 times
Geez, no wonder SA was picked as the fattest city in America. You people and your food! What, no one enjoys cooking their own food anymore? There's great satisfaction in being able to feed yourself with your own hands...well at least for me.

Yea, I'm trying to convince my parents to quit spending so much money eating out and put more into their retirement plans. Just don't complain to me that you dont' have enough to retire. The average American spends over 3000 a year on eating out. ANd people wonder why they have no money left at the end of the day....

Old 07-01-2007, 09:56 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,455,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNick View Post
Geez, no wonder SA was picked as the fattest city in America. You people and your food! What, no one enjoys cooking their own food anymore? There's great satisfaction in being able to feed yourself with your own hands...well at least for me.

Yea, I'm trying to convince my parents to quit spending so much money eating out and put more into their retirement plans. Just don't complain to me that you dont' have enough to retire. The average American spends over 3000 a year on eating out. ANd people wonder why they have no money left at the end of the day....
Whooooo now....Who died and left you in charge???? Lighten up. I am willing to bet that our retirement income (without touching our investments) is more than you bring home right now....and IF we want to eat out, it is certainly our right. I cook, but we make enough money to be able to eat out if we choose...and to travel...and to live comfortable. To each his own!

Last edited by Paka; 07-01-2007 at 10:18 AM..

Old 07-01-2007, 12:55 PM

5,642 posts, read 15,711,475 times
Oops sorry, did I sound that harsh? Didn't mean it. I was watching the news and saw people moaning about insurance costs, taxes etc and what do you see them doing? Driving out of a mcdonalds!

Old 07-01-2007, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNick View Post
Oops sorry, did I sound that harsh? Didn't mean it. I was watching the news and saw people moaning about insurance costs, taxes etc and what do you see them doing? Driving out of a mcdonalds!
No harm done...just some of us have EARNED the right to "enjoy" life a little!

I can tell you that there was a time in our lives when mac and cheese was the dinner several days in a row...but thank God and hard work we have gotten to the point where we can now (after raising and educating 6 kiddos) sit back and enjoy some!!

Old 07-01-2007, 06:32 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,319,202 times
I can tell you that there was a time in our lives when mac and cheese was the dinner several days in a row...but thank God and hard work we have gotten to the point where we can now (after raising and educating 6 kiddos) sit back and enjoy some!!

Ummmm.....No hate, different strokes, etc. but....I really dislike eating out, especially at chain places. It's not a question of $$, I just love to cook my own food. I love putting together a menu, shopping at Central Mkt or Whole Foods, getting a great bottle of wine and just involving everyone in the kitchen. I have 3 kiddos, so occaisionally they will prevail to go somewhere, but it's usually local and home cooking. I just don't get into the whole 'who cooked this??' idea and 'what ingredients did they use??'. I have relatives who've owned restaurants, and the stories they tell....

Old 07-02-2007, 12:42 AM

I agree and we actually eat at home FAR more often than not (I find cooking to be theraputic actually)...but WHEN we do decide to go out, would love to have somewhere to choose from closer than we currently do on the NW side.

Like most posters have said, we HAVE enough nail salons, car washes, etc...and the complaint from MOST of us is that the same burrito's & burgers and pizza places keep popping up vs somewhere we would like to go and get a NICE meal (Panera, Outback, etc). Even Chilis is on every corner and most of their stuff is fried!!!!

Old 07-02-2007, 09:15 AM

470 posts, read 1,952,729 times
Disny is not coming to San Antonio.

Old 07-02-2007, 09:57 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,392,256 times
a guy I work with just told me that the Target that was supposed to be by Lowes is no longer going to happen.
I'm seriously hoping he's wrong, that's the one thing I wanted at the interection.. maybe the walmart will go out of business and Target can move in there. I know, wishful thinking that they'd go out of business..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio