Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2007, 10:15 AM

410 posts, read 1,249,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
a guy I work with just told me that the Target that was supposed to be by Lowes is no longer going to happen.
I'm seriously hoping he's wrong, that's the one thing I wanted at the interection.. maybe the walmart will go out of business and Target can move in there. I know, wishful thinking that they'd go out of business..
I think with the SuperTarget going up at Alamo Ranch Marketplace, that sounds about right. Perhaps we can get a Cosco in there or something...

Old 07-02-2007, 12:02 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,456,953 times
Speaking of Walmart at that corner...I find if VERY strange that even the "associates" at a brand new Walmart are complaining that things "are slow"....I know when I went in there (only once) that the cashier said that it was slllloooooooowwww and they were going crazy waiting for time to pass.

I work with a guy who's wife works at the super busy 151/410 Walmart (next to Academy) and he said that workers that were begging to go to the new one are now begging to come back.....

I PERSONALLY don't like the "mirror image" thing....I PREFER the old setups where food is on the left and other stuff on the right (I am left handed, so maybe that is it) but it just did not feel "inviting" when I was in there...I got the few things I NEEDED and scooted out without "browsing"....

Seems strange to me that a Walmart would be so slow in the fastest growing area in the city. Any other ideas on what/why it just doesn't seem to be bringing them in??????

Old 07-02-2007, 12:34 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,395,601 times
I don't know, but I'm very happy to hear that. I stopped going to the mart around March when their food killed my cat and haven't been ever since. I don't really care for them and hopefully the one at 1604 and Potranco will tank.
BTW, I was in the HEB Plus last night around 7:00ish and it was insanely busy. I don't make a habit of going to the grocery store on Sunday evenings, is it always that busy then?? I'm glad to see the HEB Plus busy though, I like that store and try to support it when I can. I'm pretty much split 50/50 between them and the commisary

Old 07-02-2007, 03:25 PM

314 posts, read 2,539,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
I don't really care for them and hopefully the one at 1604 and Potranco will tank.
If the Walmart tanks, investors might second guess coming to Potranco and 1604, and I don't want that to happen. I can't wait for our new theatre and restaurants, so I can blow my retirement on burgers, popcorn, and movies!!

Old 07-02-2007, 03:34 PM

I definitely don't want that to happen either. It's nice not having to drive so many miles to go to stores. I think most of the other stores will do just fine though. Maybe we just aren't the walmart types down here and I personally don't take that as a bad thing.

Old 07-02-2007, 04:34 PM

422 posts, read 1,450,823 times
It's just poorly designed. Heck, you have to really look to notice the walmart off of 1604. I mean, what was with the whole build it with the back facing 1604? I'm sure it will pick up in business.

Old 07-02-2007, 05:15 PM

13,791 posts, read 8,155,707 times
I've been in town for a few days visiting the folks and just got back a bit ago from the HEB Plus. Boy that place is hopping...Mom says it's like that a lot. She also isn't a fan of the new Wal Mart and the location of the grocery side. I haven't been in there yet but I hope to check it out in the morning before starting my drive back home tomorrow afternoon.

Nice to see the Kohl's coming along and the Starbucks and Taco Cabana close to opening. Maybe next time I come back down, there'll be even more.

Old 07-02-2007, 05:43 PM

1,276 posts, read 3,826,021 times
I personally love the new Walmart. I quit going to the one on Military/410 because it was always so chaotic, crowded, noisy, things in disarray, etc. I actually haven't been to a Walmart in at least a year. When the new one opened, I went a couple nights after and it was so nice to go shopping without the crowds, the noise, was actually able to push a cart between clothing racks, etc. I took my daughter there last Friday night and was quite shocked at how it wasn't very busy at all...I personally wouldn't mind if it stayed like that--I hate crowds (I do all my Christmas shopping before August hits). ;-)

I also love the HEB Plus...I too split my shopping between them and the commissary. I only go to the commissary when I am absolutely out of just about everything.

Tiffany

Old 07-03-2007, 07:27 AM

26 posts, read 154,171 times
Default Boycotts

rd2007 said - anybody ever thought of a walmart boycott? ... I pretty much just despise walmart as a whole... their cat food killing my cat was the last straw and I haven't been in one ever since.

rd2007 --- I'm so sorry to hear your cat was one of the many that fell victim to the pet food poisonings. What a terrible loss. I'm sure Wal*Mart would never intentionally market a product which was going to harm someone. Perhaps you will reconsider frequenting the business at some point.

As for me, I'm boycotting McDonalds (for the best anyway). I have become BEYOND disgusted with their inability to fill an order correctly or in a timely manner. The Sea World McDs NEVER gets my order right (I'm NOT exaggerating!!!) and the 151/410 Wal*Mart McDs took 28 minutes to fill an order recently (just for a grilled chicken sandwich and a drink!). I can't take it anymore - I'd rather starve!!!

Anyone else boycotting a particular business? Why???

Old 07-03-2007, 08:16 AM

I have really never cared for walmart and the death of my cat was basically the straw that broke the camel's back. I suppose some people like the cookie cutter feel of walmarts, but I prefer something more along the HEB model where each store is unique.
My daughter started her McDonalds boycott two weeks ago after the (bit of irony here) food at the mcdonalds in the Potranco/1604 walmart had her and her three friends throwing up for a night. I have had a personal boycott on the fries at the SeaWorld Mcdonalds because they are WAY too salty. I thought it was a mistake the first time I got them there, but any time I've been there with my family they are extremely salty. My wife and kids like that taste though, so it's a personal boycott. I just wish they would give the customer the option of adding salt to their own order instead of assuming everyone loves a LOT of salt. and yes, you can order them without salt, but that adds time to the order, although I personally haven't had a problem with waiting forever there. maybe you caught them at a bad time in relation to the SeaWorld hours? I'm sure quite a few SeaWorld visitors frequent that particular Mcdonalds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio