Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 07:53 AM

790 posts, read 1,881,591 times

Advertisements

Is anyone angered or appalled by the incompetence of SAPD?

"A Texas State University senior who was presumed dead after a traffic collision and left unattended in the wreckage for more than two hours in near-freezing temperatures died of her injuries Monday afternoon, officials said."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2007, 08:01 AM
cjw

125 posts, read 480,301 times
It's a small world. We are beginning a kitchen remodel and our contractor called me yesterday. His girlfriend had friends over for dinner Saturday night and three of the guests went home in one car. They were the ones in the accident. I believe it was the EMS technician that said she was dead, not the SAPD. I heard on the radio this morning that whoever is in charge of the EMS would be investigating and that no disciplinary action was expected to be taken. That's what's unbelievable to me.

Old 12-18-2007, 08:04 AM

8,399 posts, read 22,994,816 times
It is not fair to make any accusations based on media reports. I am sure the EMT and family are both suffering because of this news, please let's allow the responsible agencies investigate and trust them to take the appropriate actions if necessary.

Cheers! M2

Old 12-18-2007, 09:08 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,120,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
It is not fair to make any accusations based on media reports. I am sure the EMT and family are both suffering because of this news, please let's allow the responsible agencies investigate and trust them to take the appropriate actions if necessary.
I agree. This is a story that is easy for the media to sensationalize.

Old 12-18-2007, 09:13 AM

1,893 posts, read 5,589,608 times
I'm just speculating here since I have no real experience in this area but I would imagine that when the emergency team comes upon a terrible accident such as this one that many decisions need to be made very quickly. First aid must be given to those that are obviously alive but may die on the scene if not treated immediatly. I'm sure every effort is taken to treat the victims in the right order. I heard somewhere that this has happened in our area three times in 20 years. Is there room for improvement? Of course, no process is perfect. Should someone hang for this? No, I don't think so.

Old 12-18-2007, 09:23 AM

SnappyBob

I agree, I suspect the EMTs here use the advanced triage method of quickly evaluating all victims and then addressing them in order of criticality of their wounds. It is the same process we used for battlefield casualties. Unfortunately, that approach means severe injuries that are very likely to be fatal are usually passed over to help individuals with a greater possibility of surviving. That may have been the case here, but obviously we are not getting all the information (nor should we) from the media; but I trust that the emergency services in this city does everything it can to help as many people as possible.

My condolences go out to the family and the victims. I hope if it is proven that the driver of the car that hit them was drunk that she burns in hell! I have no mercy for anyone who drinks so much that they drive the wrong way on a major road like Loop 410 and causes such an accident. Life in jail would still not be enough justice if she is found guilty.

Cheers! M2

Old 12-18-2007, 10:54 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,952,362 times
Thats sad. I thought it was the drunk driver that died not one of the people on the other car.

Old 12-18-2007, 04:15 PM

2,027 posts, read 7,026,842 times
I'm waiting to hear more information before I say anything.

Old 12-18-2007, 04:29 PM

422 posts, read 1,450,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austindoxie1972 View Post
Is anyone angered or appalled by the incompetence of SAPD?

"A Texas State University senior who was presumed dead after a traffic collision and left unattended in the wreckage for more than two hours in near-freezing temperatures died of her injuries Monday afternoon, officials said."
Don't be so quick to point the finger my freind.

Old 12-18-2007, 04:57 PM

If anyone is to blame, it is the alleged drunk driver...

There is no punishment cruel enough for people who drink and drive. There are too many options for people to safely get home if they have been drinking.

Toss the guilty in jail and throw away the key. They are not fit to live in today's society.

M2
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio