Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2008, 09:24 PM

847 posts, read 2,232,559 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gy2020 View Post
Sorry, Mudpuddle for not posting that Sholtz was in Austin. I guess I just took it for granted that everyone had heard of Sholtz. I was in there last year and they have messed it up. they converted it to a sports bar and somehow that takes away from its charm. Also, they used to have the best enchiladas and now they serve chicken wings and burgers. What a waste!!

Well, you did confuse me -
this is "gone but not forgot in SAN ANTONIO"

Maybe sholtz would work in -
San Antonio and surrounding communities.
(Austin)

mud

Old 04-22-2008, 09:28 PM

2 posts, read 4,853 times
Does anybody remember Bushel Basket? They were nice little stores that sold fresh fruits and vegetables,cheeses,wines and meats, and made fruit baskets. There were 4 of them. One on North New Braunfels, One on Babcock and Callaghan, one on McCarty(off of San Pedro) and one on Vance Jackson. They were around from the mid to late 1970's. I worked at all of them as a teenager. Every time I walk through the produce department of a grocery store and smell the apples it takes me back to my Bushel Basket days!

Old 04-23-2008, 12:28 PM

3,674 posts, read 10,606,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudpuddle View Post
Well, you did confuse me -
this is "gone but not forgot in SAN ANTONIO"

Maybe sholtz would work in -
San Antonio and surrounding communities.
(Austin)

mud
But isn't Austin just the latest suburb of San Antonio?

Old 04-23-2008, 01:09 PM

Location: I live south of San Antonio in a place called Atascosa.
854 posts, read 2,545,912 times
I watched the game last night and it occured to me that the spurs have a lot of players that are gone from other teams but not forgotten in San Antonio!

Old 04-23-2008, 04:33 PM

163 posts, read 546,313 times
Not sure if anyone mentioned them, but I miss Godfather's Pizza.

EDIT: Found out there's one at Fort Sam Houston per their site. Now to just find a way in...

Old 04-23-2008, 05:31 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,867,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigmammoo View Post

EDIT: Found out there's one at Fort Sam Houston per their site. Now to just find a way in...
The easiest thing would be to just tell them the truth: you are going to Godfather's Pizza. They'll verify your identity first and log your visit. As long as you just go there and back they shouldn't care.

Old 04-23-2008, 06:51 PM

79 posts, read 318,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primo View Post
As far as I know.....Jaffes built North Star Mall, but the Barshops own it. I believe the Jaffe's owned Central park mall (and still do).
I am not going to go through all the pages to see if someone corrected this, but just in case no one has . . .

North Star Mall was originally developed by Community Research & Development Corporation, which would later be called The Rouse Company. The mall opened on September 23rd 1960. The Rouse Company, along with USAA, developed the Shops at La Cantera. The Rouse Company was aquired by General Growth Properties, which now owns both malls.

Old 04-23-2008, 07:43 PM

Location: I live south of San Antonio in a place called Atascosa.
854 posts, read 2,545,912 times
does anyone remember when Wonderland opened?

Old 04-24-2008, 02:31 PM

3 posts, read 11,315 times
Default More on Algo

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWhopper View Post
TCS,
I cannot I believe I found these. I never expected to find anything about this place and assumed it was truly Gone and Forgotten. Thank's for the name, otherwise I wouldn't have realized what I found.

The associated text reads "Algo Diferente, Summer Home of Mrs. Ablert Friedrich, San Antonio, Texas.
The location of Algo Diferente was in the middle of present day Elm Creek.
My family was a member in the mid fifties and the golf course portions of which still remain to the best of my knowledge never opened as the club under a new owner and name went bust.

Old 04-24-2008, 02:37 PM

4,132 posts, read 7,196,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigmammoo View Post

There's one on Lackland AFB too. Next to the Base Fire Station (between WHMC and the main BX).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio