Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 10:02 PM

18,132 posts, read 25,286,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanluisito View Post
You won't believe me but i am a fan of searching rare radio stations, and sometimes at night... if you want to catch rare stations i recomend you to try at night - i have heard 1200 am woai from Mexico City which is at 19.6° degrees latitude
What do you use to get it?
When I was working on the South side of San Antonio, I found a radio station from Piedras Negras (Mexico)
I think it was "La poderosa" 1320AM
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2010, 10:28 PM

275 posts, read 978,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
What do you use to get it?
When I was working on the South side of San Antonio, I found a radio station from Piedras Negras (Mexico)
I think it was "La poderosa" 1320AM
For me and for some people is extremely exciting find a far radio station. In my case i use a standar "stereo player" and with patient move the ant to listen it a little bit clearly.

Texas is a plain state so i guess is a good advantdadge for searchers of radio stations.

In San Luis Potosí i listened am stations from Austin, C.C., SanAntonio and one time of Houston.

Im sure that if you try it a midnight you will find more mexican stations, too much more. I just recomend you to be patient and open you ears

Old 08-05-2010, 10:47 PM

2,359 posts, read 6,434,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
I swear that they are making me a Texans fan.
Holy c..., they show Romo even when he's playing golf. Let that dude take a break for a freaking day.
Yes what gets me is this town goes crazy for some damn training camp, and the stations cover it like its the super bowl. This makes us look very small town, and not ready for some NFL football. Somwhere Jerry Jones is laughing at the city.

Old 08-05-2010, 11:18 PM

18,132 posts, read 25,286,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willsatx View Post
Yes what gets me is this town goes crazy for some damn training camp, and the stations cover it like its the super bowl. This makes us look very small town, and not ready for some NFL football. Somwhere Jerry Jones is laughing at the city.
That's gotta be the best post I've seen about that "issue"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanluisito View Post
Im sure that if you try it a midnight you will find more mexican stations, too much more. I just recomend you to be patient and open you ears
I might need something else besides my ears,
it really made me want to buy a shortwave radio.

Old 08-06-2010, 12:17 AM

4,552 posts, read 15,027,788 times
they sure love to play the same songs over and over and over and over and over and over, seriously, does anyone wanna hear the same song 3 times every hour.

Old 08-06-2010, 03:14 AM

693 posts, read 1,502,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desert sun View Post
they sure love to play the same songs over and over and over and over and over and over, seriously, does anyone wanna hear the same song 3 times every hour.
I know it is so annoying when they do that. I wish they could go one day without replaying the same song.

Old 08-06-2010, 03:20 AM

693 posts, read 1,502,385 times
I agree we have some of the worst radio stations ever. What's the point of having both mix 96.1 and ktfm 94.1? They practically play all the same songs with few different songs hear and there. SA needs a better indie, alternative rock, and r&b stations. I'd love to have some dance stations too. I like listening to some good beats while driving.

Old 08-06-2010, 01:58 PM

115 posts, read 279,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davi78239 View Post
I couldn't agree more. 760 blows and goes about the damn cowboys all the time even when not in season and the other two on 1250 sound like a bunch of perverts half the time and don't even talk about sports
The only decent sports talk radio is the Grind with Calvin, Rudy and Salami.

Old 08-06-2010, 03:21 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,111,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big A View Post
The only decent sports talk radio is the Grind with Calvin, Rudy and Salami.
I just don't get the appeal of that show. It's too much about the hosts' opinions, which generally aren't very informed, compared to the other sports talk hosts in town. To me, it's like listening to a conversation about sports taking place at the next table during lunch at a high school.

Old 08-06-2010, 03:41 PM

291 posts, read 607,938 times
I gave up on radio four years ago.. I am an XM fan. That's why its in the car,truck and online for home. I even have a portable unit. It's worth the money. Plus you dont have to worry about the annoying car sale commercials.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio