Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2009, 06:07 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,036,574 times

Advertisements

Endoscopies are a great way to spend the afternoon. Seriously. Wasted.

You say bye-bye to the doc, get extremely stoned, wake up 30 minutes later and go when are you going to get started????? No pain at all and you don't remember a thing. Then you get to see some adorable pics of your innards. Sure beats a pap smear, lemme tell ya. I don't know why we can't at least have laughing gas for that chit. Miserable.

Old 08-27-2009, 06:54 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,036,574 times
Awww, RIP Dominick Dunne. Trutv will not be the same without you.

Old 08-27-2009, 07:33 AM

3,468 posts, read 8,556,142 times
For those of us who get CRAZED by people texting while driving ~ otherhalf heard on "talk radio" yesterday about an incident some guy had. Long story short, some chick was driving real erratic, cutting him off right and left, basically driving like she was stone cold DRUNK. He finally gets up beside her and realizes she has her phone up in the air and is texting (ya know, cause she can see the road SO much better while the phone is in the windshield ). Finally, he ends up behind her and notices her "vanity" license plate. Guess what it is? - OMG LOL -

So, if you see that chick driving around, watch out!!!!

Old 08-27-2009, 07:40 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,116,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jules07 View Post
For those of us who get CRAZED by people texting while driving ~ otherhalf heard on "talk radio" yesterday about an incident some guy had. Long story short, some chick was driving real erratic, cutting him off right and left, basically driving like she was stone cold DRUNK. He finally gets up beside her and realizes she has her phone up in the air and is texting (ya know, cause she can see the road SO much better while the phone is in the windshield ). Finally, he ends up behind her and notices her "vanity" license plate. Guess what it is? - OMG LOL -

So, if you see that chick driving around, watch out!!!!
Someone should show her this YouTube video.

YouTube - Texting While Driving PSA

Old 08-27-2009, 07:52 AM

I saw that on Facebook yesterday!!! Posted it to my wall, hoping that my daughter and her friends (who are my FB friends) would see it. Even tho it's "acting", it does a pretty darned good job of getting the point across!!! (But doesn't it sound like the girls are calling the driver "Jules"? THAT part I didn't like!!!)

edit ~ watched it again, the girl in the back was Jules. The girl driving had my daughter's name.

Old 08-27-2009, 09:29 AM

905 posts, read 2,960,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlamoCpl View Post
To be honest if it didn't have little rubber feet on the bottom of it, suggesting that it can be laid flat, I would never have thought to do that.

It's just over a year old so I'm not sure there's much we can do about it, but I'm certainly going to try.

Thanks.
Check to see if there was a service agreement purchased when you bought the system. We had issues with my daughter doing the same thing to the X-Box 360 and it damaged the Guitar Hero game disk, but not the system. I had purchased the service policy on the game disk because I had read that there were problems with the guitar, never thinking I'd use it for the disk.

My son was soooooo (times 10 to the nth power) mad at her! He thought she had damaged the sacred X-BOX, but we were lucky in that it was just the disk. Evidently, you are never, never, ever, EVER to move an X-BOX with a disk in it. X-BOX does lay down flat and she stood it up and trashed the disk. LOL ~ she wont do that again!

Old 08-27-2009, 10:00 AM

That PSA about texting while driving has really made an impact on me. I've been googling it, and found out that it is part of a 30 minute program that is being used in the public schools in Britain. Here's the link to that info:
***** "How's It Going to End?" ***** ******* By David Kusumoto *******

And here's a link to a small study on American's response to the short PSA:
MediaCurves.Com - A Service of HCD Research Inc.

I'd really like to see the entire 30 minute production.

Old 08-27-2009, 10:17 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

Quote:
And here's a link to a small study on American's response to the short PSA:
MediaCurves.Com - A Service of HCD Research Inc.
The spike in the graph when the little boy wearing glasses speaks is interesting. For me, that was the moment in the whole piece that really hit a nerve.

Old 08-27-2009, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowie View Post
The spike in the graph when the little boy wearing glasses speaks is interesting. For me, that was the moment in the whole piece that really hit a nerve.
Ya know, the thing that didn't hit me until like the 4th time that I watched it was that the emergency crew was saying that the baby was unresponsive! Well, that and the passenger's neck snapping. The deal about it being "too graphic to be shown in the US" is baffling. My response would be "oh! And so seeing ACTUAL people dying ISN'T too graphic?!" Yeah, many (most) young people would say, "Oh, I'm WAY more careful than that, it'll never happen to me," but you gotta keep trying.

It's a VERY well done piece, and I'd love to be able to see the entire 30 minute version.

Old 08-27-2009, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Ya know, the thing that didn't hit me until like the 4th time that I watched it was that the emergency crew was saying that the baby was unresponsive!
I missed that they said that. I had inferred it from the fact the baby never blinked or moved its eyes and thought maybe it was a subtle point that would be lost on teens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio