Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2010, 02:08 PM

5,642 posts, read 15,715,840 times

Advertisements

You are right, Sapph.

The other day I was thinking...exactly how much money in insurance is human life worth? At some point, we need to draw a line. I think insurance companies have it down to around 2 million dollars.

What do you guys think human life is worth in monetary value?

Old 02-28-2010, 02:16 PM

1,035 posts, read 2,340,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNick View Post
What do you guys think human life is worth in monetary value?
$9.99 blue-light special

Old 02-28-2010, 02:28 PM

5,642 posts, read 15,715,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneoak View Post
$9.99 blue-light special

Old 02-28-2010, 04:46 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,400,668 times
Change that to help out to a certain extent and we have a deal

there has to be enough room for failure and failure must be allowed.

and speaking of failure.. I'm filling my Garmin with the places I'm going to visit in Michigan and I found out my favorite mall in Toledo, OH is gone, literally. They demolished it less than a year ago

I know it's pretty retarded to want to visit a mall, but I'm going back to my childhood and that was a part of it. My wife wants to do stuff while we're there, but I intend on eating and driving all over the place.

Old 03-01-2010, 08:29 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,042,880 times
RD do you have an "insider" on an Alaskan cruise? I don't have time to sift through all the stuff on the internetz. July or August departure, out of SF or Seattle will do. kthanks

Don't disappoint.

Old 03-01-2010, 10:50 AM

13,791 posts, read 8,156,910 times
Hey All...I don't want to create a new thread for this but I'm curious to see if anyone else has ever had something like this happen to them on the highways here. I normally would blow it off but this has really been on my mind since I flew back from SA the other day.

This past Saturday, my father was driving me to the airport to catch my initial flight back home to CA. To get to Loop 410, Dad took Potranco to Military Dr instead of their usual 151 to 410 route. As he turned onto the access road before entering 410 towards the airport, a white car sped up around us and cut us off to enter our lane and onto 410...they almost took out the front of our car. As we entered the first 410 lane, Dad decided to get away from the car and he hurried over into the far left lane. As we continued heading east on 410, the white car sped around other vehicles and got into the exit lane for Ingram Rd but they made sure they sped up and got even with our car (two lanes over) and both front seat passengers proceeded to flip us off so we could see that. My father and I both asked why they were flipping US off, and when we looked back at them again, the young female driver was going so fast off the Ingram exit (while looking at us and continuing to show us the finger) that she didn't pay attention to the road and her car hit the curb. The white car bounced off the curb and pieces of the car started flying off onto the access road...she also began to lose control of the car and it was all over the road before it started to swerve sideways and almost flip over.

My Dad and I saw all of this play out behind us in the rear view mirrors as we kept driving on 410!! We saw both passengers get out of the car before we went over the Ingram Rd overpass heading toward Bandera Rd and we lost sight. Obviously I was glad they were okay but it scared the crap out of me and had my father and I both wondering what in the world did we do that would cause them to flip us off and then subsequently jeopardize their safety and others around them. I wanted to exit later and maybe come back around to check that every one was okay but decided it might be best to steer clear of someone like that but it has stayed with me the last few days. We honestly did nothing wrong so I don't know where such anger came from...so much anger that she almost killed herself and her passenger by flipping their car coming off the exit ramp.

Has anyone else experienced such a thing? I grew up in SA and granted I'm not living there full time anymore, I'm still incredulous that this entire episode even happened and I just had to vent about it.
I'm guessing I should just chalk it up to a growing populace and a San Antonio that I no longer recognize...

Last edited by 940; 03-01-2010 at 11:25 AM..

Old 03-01-2010, 10:58 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,042,880 times
You breathed. Seriously, avoid all eye contact with other drivers if possible. They's crazy.

Old 03-01-2010, 11:03 AM

12,114 posts, read 15,011,257 times
Happy March 1st. everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My pear tree has white flowers all over it!! P L E A S E... no more freezes.

Old 03-01-2010, 11:07 AM

13,791 posts, read 8,156,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
You breathed. Seriously, avoid all eye contact with other drivers if possible. They's crazy.
You're probably right, sapphire. Dad just kept saying to me how crazy folks are there now and that I had no idea anymore...I just thought he was being dramatic...lol

Old 03-01-2010, 11:38 AM

4,796 posts, read 15,371,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 940 View Post
You're probably right, sapphire. Dad just kept saying to me how crazy folks are there now and that I had no idea anymore...I just thought he was being dramatic...lol
I'm so glad you and your dad drove defensively and stayed safe! What a horrifying ordeal. While it might have been a valiant thing to go back, you absolutely did the right thing by seeing they were ok, and NOT going back. I cannot in my head imagine that kind of anger, idiocy or meth/crack/crank/drug induced behavior.....because it's not normal. They got what they deserved and have long forgotten you and your dad. Had you gone back, they WOULD have implicated you in a big lying mess. Pat yourself on the back, and call your dad and tell him how proud you are of both of you for staying alive and out of trouble. Some people would have gotten caught up in the rage and wouldn't be here to tell about it. Major KUDOS to you!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio