Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 08:04 AM

27,347 posts, read 27,400,159 times

Advertisements

Yes! Ricerside has gone so far into the slumps I know of very few places that I would live, if I ever went out there. Oh, wait, I wouldnt live there in the first place!
I know of some family freinds who live in 'snob hill' and its a very prestine, and expensive, section, but theyve been there forever and probably will stay there forever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2008, 03:23 PM

22 posts, read 50,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Surge View Post
Yes! Ricerside has gone so far into the slumps I know of very few places that I would live, if I ever went out there. Oh, wait, I wouldnt live there in the first place!
I know of some family freinds who live in 'snob hill' and its a very prestine, and expensive, section, but theyve been there forever and probably will stay there forever.

where is 'snob hill' power surge?

Old 01-27-2008, 06:28 PM

1,270 posts, read 5,416,817 times
Cool Riverside-Corona

You might consider Riverside, but again Buena Park would be a bit of a commute
Tho you'd be right on the 91 so if you had an express lane pass or something it might be ok. Or you could learn the back roads and such and I'm sure it'd be better commute.

I have family who live in Riverside and they love it, plus you are close to Palm Springs too if you want to get away from LA for a weekend.
and play some golf

You might also look into Corona, You'd be right on the 15...
For her to get to Ontario and you'd be on the 91 a couple miles closer to Buena Park.

-jeff
Winchester, MA

A back route to Buena Park from Corona/Riverside would be as follows

Take Magnolia Ave out to Corona from Riverside
which become 6th St
Follow 6th through Corona
Take 6th to 91

get on 91
Go west If traffic is ok go 91 all the way to Buena Park area

if traffic is heavy
go 91 west to
LA PALMA AVE EXIT

Follow LA PALMA AVE
West

R on N Tustin into Atwood
L on E Orangethorpe Ave.

Take Orangethorope through Fullerton
To Buena Park

Hopefully this could work for you

Look into Corona as well as Riverside.

-jeff
Winchester, MA

Old 01-29-2008, 04:23 PM

101 posts, read 137,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Surge View Post
Didn't you say you were out in Victorville or something? If so, yeah that is sure one step up the Joneses ladder. not.

Old 03-15-2008, 11:35 AM

26 posts, read 91,269 times
Default Living in Riverside

Our family moved to the Orangecrest area in Riverside 3 years ago. On the pro side, there's lots of shopping nearby and plenty of fast food restaurants. Most neighborhoods are well kept and safe. Schools are good. The housing market is great for buyers right now - lots of homes available at reduced prices. We can drive to the beach, mountains, desert, or lakes in about an hour. We like going to Corona Crossings & Dos Lagos for dinner and movies. It's a pretty drive, and about 15 minutes driving on Cajalco Rd. past Lake Matthews. Just watch out for crazy speeders! On the con side, the major streets are very busy - lots of noise and congestion. March Air Reserve Base is close by, so we get noise from the airplanes passing overhead. Traffic on the freeway is horrible! The 91/215 interchange has been under construction for a long time and you will get stuck in stop and go traffic most times, day or night.

Old 03-17-2008, 05:07 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,144,684 times
Canyon Crest & Orangecrest are nice. I know people from there, & there are nice neighborhoods & schools. It is basically middle to upper middle class white people there.
It is much nicer than Fullerton actually, hahaha. It cracks me up when people from OC & LA think Riverside is ghetto & where they live is far worse.

What's lame about Riverside is that for a city there isn't much to do. I don't know why...there's a University & plenty of people, but for some reason it stays boring. For a family it may not be bad, cuz I am speaking from a 20-something single person's perspective.

Your commute is going to be a killer, IMO, but your wife's won't be too bad.

Old 04-01-2008, 05:13 PM

5 posts, read 21,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
Canyon Crest & Orangecrest are nice. I know people from there, & there are nice neighborhoods & schools. It is basically middle to upper middle class white people there.
It is much nicer than Fullerton actually, hahaha. It cracks me up when people from OC & LA think Riverside is ghetto & where they live is far worse.

What's lame about Riverside is that for a city there isn't much to do. I don't know why...there's a University & plenty of people, but for some reason it stays boring. For a family it may not be bad, cuz I am speaking from a 20-something single person's perspective.

Your commute is going to be a killer, IMO, but your wife's won't be too bad.
Eh, yeah... Riverside is much nicer than Fullerton which would explain why the median home price is 60% higher in Fullerton. It must be a pretty ghetto place where nobody wants to live![/sarcasm] I wonder if you've actually been to Fullerton.

About the commute, I realize driving the 91 everyday would be horrible, that's why I posted that I'd take the Metrolink to the station that's about a 10 minute walk to my office.

Last edited by misterbrett; 04-01-2008 at 05:49 PM..

Old 04-10-2008, 07:27 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,263,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterbrett View Post
My wife and I are thinking of moving to Riverside. We currently rent in Fullerton. She works in Ontario (near the 15 & 60) and I work in Buena Park. I grew up in South Orange County (Dana Point) and there's always been a stigma about the IE, I never considered living out there until I grew up and realized I couldn't afford a $800K house as a first time home owner, lol.

Anyway, we drove out to Riverside a few weeks ago to look around at houses. We spent most of the time looking at houses near Mission Inn Ave and off of Brockton and a few places close to the 91 and Central. It looks to me like a decent area, older unique houses rather than the cookie cutter, no yard, houses in most of OC.

Can anybody give me some insight into these areas?
I've lived here for 20 years and in comparison to OC its fairly slow paced. Not as kick back as it was 20 years ago but still relaxed next to LA and OC. If you want city its not a bad place.

As for the area off central, its a cool area. Lots of older homes with distinctive styles, and some beautiful victorians (some restored magnificently). Lots of stores. It doesn't look at all like a bunch of track homes.

As for the other area, run not walk away. Anything east of downtown is bad news.

I'm planning asap to move from here because I want quiet and small, but Riverside is a nice place for what it is. It is also bursting with trees. The city will give you a free shade tree if you buy. Hope this helps.

Old 04-13-2008, 02:06 AM

128 posts, read 782,112 times
Riverside is a surprising city. Not a resident, but I do VISIT as a TOURIST! LOL! I know, I know, who would do such a thing. But Riverside has the making of a spectacular 'cool' city because everything is there: the history, the urban grid, the diversity, and big-@ss university! It is also safe. The houses are something you don't find anywhere in the IE, or Orange County for that matter, because they have ARCHITECTURE. It's got a good political culture that seem to focus on livability instead of the moronic "progressive" politics of division that has destroyed many cities of its size (see San Bernardino).

From CC, to AH, University, and DT, there is no place in SoCal I think that balances amenities with housing price. Very good bang for the buck.

When I take friends to Downtown, they are amazed about the walkability. Many are from the snooty Westside of LA, so this is high praise from them. The only demerit of the place I know, well, it's something you can see looking up--the SMOG. Ewww. LA has its bad days, but never to the point where you can SEE THE AIR!

Old 09-24-2008, 01:23 PM

8 posts, read 24,542 times
Hello everybody, I am in a bit of a fix here, hope you guys can help me out. My husband and I live in West LA right now. I work in Riverside while my husband works in West LA. I would like to get some advice about moving to a nice place that falls midway between Riverside and West LA which would be convenient for both of us driving wise. Somebody told me about moving to Montebello but I heard that it has a high crime rate and is not a nice place, is that true. Please help ! I would really appreciate it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties