Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 04:31 PM

858 posts, read 1,502,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brittanykayy View Post
Oh I cant WAIT to get away from the sun. I love clouds and rain, I have visited WA quite a bit, and its heaven to me. The complete opposite of this place.
Everyone loves it at first... I'm curious to see how you feel about it in a few months after living there. Visiting is NOT like living. But, to each his own.

Old 09-24-2009, 04:32 PM

181 posts, read 685,031 times
And I'm not trying to offend anyone I was born and raised here in the IE, its my home.

Old 09-24-2009, 04:32 PM

5,113 posts, read 19,777,818 times
Quote:
It's a horrible place to live. So Cal is bad enough, but why would you pick the slummiest part ? It's ghetto, trashy, dirty, HOT, has horrible air quality. I've lived here almost my whole life. There is nothing to do. No outdoor activities. Everything is brown, no trees. It's hell. If anyone is considering moving to the IE, save yourself a lot of unhappiness, and don't do it. If you MUST (God help you) pick Murrieta. It's the nicest of the IE. Although thats not saying much.
Nothing to do? No outdoors activities? Paintball, horseback riding, hiking, jetskiing, camping, miniature golfing, etc are available across the IE. I paintball regularly in various places in Riverside County and spent a few years as a child living in Norco, Lake Mathews, and Menifee riding horses, hiking, camping, and working on a ranch.

Old 09-24-2009, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhcompy View Post
Nothing to do? No outdoors activities? Paintball, horseback riding, hiking, jetskiing, camping, miniature golfing, etc are available across the IE. I paintball regularly in various places in Riverside County and spent a few years as a child living in Norco, Lake Mathews, and Menifee riding horses, hiking, camping, and working on a ranch.
Do you ever go to SC Village? I used to go there evry weekend when I lived in Chino Hills...

Old 09-24-2009, 04:35 PM

181 posts, read 685,031 times
Sure, outdoor activities in 100 degree weather with HORRIBLE air quality. I guess its alright if you want a headache afterwards.

Old 09-24-2009, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Sure, outdoor activities in 100 degree weather with HORRIBLE air quality. I guess its alright if you want a headache afterwards.
Wow, I suggest you learn how to enjoy your surroundings. At least in So Cal you can enjoy the outdoors in the winter. Have fun trying to do that in Seattle(unless you ski or snowboard)... It rains almost EVERYDAY. I would rather enjoy outdoor activities in the sun and somewhat warm weather.

Old 09-24-2009, 05:14 PM

191 posts, read 586,827 times
I always favored OR to WA. More balanced. Just as green.

Old 09-24-2009, 06:18 PM

5,113 posts, read 19,777,818 times
Quote:
It's hot during the summer, so figure a way to do something worthwhile. Visit a community pool during the day. My family would go on hikes and horse rides down the Santa Ana River at night and camp out during the summer. Great camping weather. You could drive up to Big Bear or any of the local mountain recreation areas in a very short time and have moderate summer weather and a plethora of outdoor activities while being away from the "dirty" air. As far as the air quality itself, it's Southern California, it's that way everywhere but directly on the coast(except near the ports, which have significant diesel pollution).

Old 09-24-2009, 06:42 PM

8,091 posts, read 15,448,126 times
Quote:
It's a horrible place to live. So Cal is bad enough, but why would you pick the slummiest part ? It's ghetto, trashy, dirty, HOT, has horrible air quality. I've lived here almost my whole life. There is nothing to do. No outdoor activities. Everything is brown, no trees. It's hell. If anyone is considering moving to the IE, save yourself a lot of unhappiness, and don't do it. If you MUST (God help you) pick Murrieta. It's the nicest of the IE. Although thats not saying much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brittanykayy
And I'm not trying to offend anyone I was born and raised here in the IE, its my home.
Then you have a weird way of not trying to offend.

For such a broad stroke, I guess you've lived everywhere in the IE, eh?

What about Big Bear? Lake Arrowhead? Idylwild? Angelus Oaks? Oak Glen? Lytle Creek? Palm Springs on a December night? The west shore of the Colorado River? Cherry Valley? Forest Falls? Mount Baldy Village? San Antonio Heights?

Where you live and how happy you are, depends on you. I live in my little part of the clean beautiful desert, I'd never live in a city.

Enjoy the gray skies up north.

Old 09-24-2009, 06:44 PM

36,666 posts, read 67,603,135 times
Well,
I think that its understandable why so many people from LA would sell their tiny homes and move to big houses on larger lots in the Inland Empire. Who doesnt want a nicer house?

Heck, my cousin moved from this shack in Inglewood to a huge two-story house in the Rancho Cucamonga 10 years ago and has never looked back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties