Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2010, 04:19 PM

571 posts, read 1,934,226 times

Advertisements

At a similar price range to this one.
10095 Arrow Leaf, Moreno Valley, CA 92557 :: I10017117 :: Moreno Valley Real Estate :: Sawbuck

It doesn't have to be ON the lake (though that would be nice). It can be a tiny lake or a real functioning lake. Should have good sidewalks laid out (dad needs scooter/wheelchair). ANYWHERE in SoCal. Just curious about places my parents (from Texas) could retire to that are closer to my family (L.A.). And it definately does NOT have to be a specified retirement community. Probably better if it isn't. lol

Safe (diverse is fine) and with at least a reasonable amount of retail & restaurants close by (Grocery stores, Target, Wal-Mart, Lowes, Borders - my mom lives for books & music - etc.) Where they live now it's insane how many restaurants/retail are within a 10 minute drive. My mom doesn't drive on freeways and thus needs a place that isn't too isolated.

I am thinking Temecula, Riverside, Moreno Valley, etc.
Maybe even closer to San Diego..?

Thanks..! =)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2010, 04:56 PM

5,113 posts, read 19,787,882 times
Mission Viejo has a lake for residents that's real nice with good sidewalks, easy accessibility, etc. I've been there with some friends that live in MV and I think it would be an ideal place for the needs you're mentioning

Old 02-18-2010, 04:57 PM

Mission Viejo has a lake(Lake Mission Viejo) for residents that's real nice with good sidewalks, easy accessibility, etc. I've been there with some friends that live in MV and I think it would be an ideal place for the needs you're mentioning

Old 02-18-2010, 05:00 PM

571 posts, read 1,934,226 times
umm those are 2.5 million dollar homes..! lol.
The price from the link I gave was 250,000 not 2.5 million...

Old 02-18-2010, 08:11 PM

8,091 posts, read 15,458,028 times
There are lake/home developments in Menifee. I don't think they're 55+, and I have no idea how much they cost :-)

Menifee Lakes

Centex at the Lakes

Old 02-18-2010, 09:16 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,914,915 times
Sunnymead Ranch, the house you showed is a good location. Cheap, safe, and overall a great place.

Old 02-18-2010, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasksgirl View Post
umm those are 2.5 million dollar homes..! lol.
The price from the link I gave was 250,000 not 2.5 million...
On the lake, sure, but there are condos in the city that should be affordable to that range. I didn't look at your link, just made a suggestion

Old 02-19-2010, 01:18 AM

27 posts, read 162,887 times
While Menifee Lakes is not technically a retirement community, there are a lot of sections that are 55+ and a lot of the social activities that go with that if your parents were to be interested. There is a new shopping center just across the I-215 that has a lot of retail. The lake/walking path is nice and really well landscaped. Our county library system is amazing, you can request books, dvds, etc from a huge variety and they deliver it to your nearest branch for pickup. Prices are super low right now, check redfin and realtor.com for 92584 and 92585

Drawbacks:
The college kids from MSJC rent places here in the streets just back from the lake and they get loud most weekends. I am renting while looking to buy and I scout around to see where it is quiet So far it is only the part farthest from the college, I call it the upper-right-hand-quadrant of the lake area. And I bet the partiers don't rent up by the golf course or across Menifee Drive in the newer areas with stricter HOA's.

Traffic can be bad on the freeway a few miles south and a few miles north of here in the afternoons. But surface streets are always reasonable and people seem to drive with more courtesy here than I see in nearby cities.

The homes built here in the late 80's feel thrown together with cheap materials. The one I am renting has it's original windows and doors, all looking like they should be on a budget RV. Even just a few years later makes a huge improvement in construction quality from what I see while hunting for one to buy. I plan to either hold out for one of the newer, sturdier houses or get a great enough deal to upgrade everything shortly after purchase.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties