Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2011, 04:20 PM

177 posts, read 398,932 times

Advertisements

^^Exactly. This guy just keeps trying to play the race card, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2011, 04:39 PM

4,897 posts, read 8,319,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djxpress View Post
To the OPs original comments, online dating is a wake up call to reality and to what people dating the normal way wish they could do, behind the veil of anonymity. People are going to be judgemental and will ignore you at the drop of a hat if you aren't what they were expecting. We all do it.

When I did eharmony for 3 months, it was crazy. You go through 100s of people. I got denied by tons, I denied tons and I got hit up by some, who did everything from ask for a date to asking me to be the father of their child. For most of us, the reality of online dating is that you're going to get denied a few times before you get a hit. It's all a numbers game.

I had a friend in college, an average looking guy, who used to get so much a$$ we all wondered how he did it. He had a different girl coming home each night. So we went out with him a few times and saw the secret to his success. He'd hit up girls left and right and get denied about 95% of the time. But there was always that one who'd be willing to go home with him. Persistence pays off!
Great post. I'd rep you if I could but it seems I already repped you for something else.

Old 03-27-2011, 04:58 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,605,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingAloha View Post
Actually my comments were not directed at your comment regarding preference. I was referring to my making an assumption based on some of your previous threads. Whether I find your comments acceptable, well, I'll have to go back and re-read your post to see if its worth the bother.

Ok, then just give me an example of what "ladyish" things I have said in my previous posts???????.

As for you finding my post acceptable or not....I could not care less.

Old 03-27-2011, 05:01 PM

315 posts, read 821,194 times
haha thanks for all your comments guys.. this thread was made with a light heart, im not offended or anything, i hear you guys..

and i do GO OUT but im a workaholic, so occasionally i reply/post in CL.. ive met a bunch of cool peeps there.. actually i bet my best guy friend off CL

but yeah, the whole black thing doesnt matter, its just funny thats all.. hence my thread title :-0

For every 5 girls that wont date black guys, theres 1 that will just gotta find her..

lets keep the conversation going its kinda nice hearing what everyone has to say..

Happy sunday to everyone ^_^

Old 03-27-2011, 05:15 PM

4,498 posts, read 9,385,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmanz View Post
haha thanks for all your comments guys.. this thread was made with a light heart, im not offended or anything, i hear you guys..

and i do GO OUT but im a workaholic, so occasionally i reply/post in CL.. ive met a bunch of cool peeps there.. actually i bet my best guy friend off CL

but yeah, the whole black thing doesnt matter, its just funny thats all.. hence my thread title :-0

For every 5 girls that wont date black guys, theres 1 that will just gotta find her..

lets keep the conversation going its kinda nice hearing what everyone has to say..

Happy sunday to everyone ^_^

Personally I don't judge you for how you might go about meeting girls or what forums you might use. I also think that people can learn from your post so I disagree with people that say it's stupid or a waste of time. And besides, judging from the # of people looking at it there is plenty of interest.

Personally I'd never try to use Craigslist to meet any meaningful, quality type of girl. But I think people have to separate the "end game" of what you are looking for. Some guys are looking for their soul mates and others are just looking for a 1 night fling. So you just have to be honest and separate the two.

I have some friends that have done the online ad thing. I'm not sure if they used Craigslist and to be honest, even if they did, I don't think they would admit it to me.. LOL. They might think I might think they are creepy.

But I never judge anyone unless I personally know them. It sounds like you are in the category of just looking to have a "good time". Hence the Craigslist and online thingy. In which case, it probably will just be a #'s game. My motto is as long as you aren't hurting anyone or hurting yourself.. it's all good. So have fun.

But I think you probably realize that any long-term meaningful relationship will most likely come from a more old fashioned or traditional type of meeting where you are meeting them from work, friend of a friend, church or other social activity (that doesn't involve sex related boards or chat rooms...lol). Or even the old fashioned method of meeting them in person at a bar/restaurant/club/fill-in-the blank.

Old 03-27-2011, 11:52 PM

1,549 posts, read 4,257,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallbanger View Post
I didn't read the whole thread, but..... You used an online dating site and didn't put any pictures online??? I'm sorry but I wouldn't even talk to anybody who dosent have any pictures online I would give them some credit for even responding LOL. And there are AA folks who are generally into AA, white folks who are generally into whites etc. You have a preference yourself. You can't call people racist just because you feel mistreated. You're doing the same they are doing because you have a preference.

Now, if you just want to get laid, go to the clubs and bars
LOL, I had to rep you on this one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlyretirement View Post
Personally I don't judge you for how you might go about meeting girls or what forums you might use. I also think that people can learn from your post so I disagree with people that say it's stupid or a waste of time. And besides, judging from the # of people looking at it there is plenty of interest.

Personally I'd never try to use Craigslist to meet any meaningful, quality type of girl. But I think people have to separate the "end game" of what you are looking for. Some guys are looking for their soul mates and others are just looking for a 1 night fling. So you just have to be honest and separate the two.

I have some friends that have done the online ad thing. I'm not sure if they used Craigslist and to be honest, even if they did, I don't think they would admit it to me.. LOL. They might think I might think they are creepy.

But I never judge anyone unless I personally know them. It sounds like you are in the category of just looking to have a "good time". Hence the Craigslist and online thingy. In which case, it probably will just be a #'s game. My motto is as long as you aren't hurting anyone or hurting yourself.. it's all good. So have fun.

But I think you probably realize that any long-term meaningful relationship will most likely come from a more old fashioned or traditional type of meeting where you are meeting them from work, friend of a friend, church or other social activity (that doesn't involve sex related boards or chat rooms...lol). Or even the old fashioned method of meeting them in person at a bar/restaurant/club/fill-in-the blank.
Great post but I think it just depends...my boyfriend and I met on a dating website...it's funny because we both met at interesting times in our lives....lol..anything is possible..I suspect I'll be married next year the way things are going!

You bring up a great point about what the OP is really looking for....which that's either a "good time" or a real sustaining relationship. I'd like to know which one it is...

Old 03-28-2011, 02:46 AM

2,299 posts, read 4,827,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Ok, then just give me an example of what "ladyish" things I have said in my previous posts???????.

As for you finding my post acceptable or not....I could not care less.
Well if you don't care why should it matter about my assumptions

I found that you came off in some of your other post, particularly regarding fluoride and the homeless as 1) a "fussbuket;" and 2) very similar to my old Aunt Emma. But it appears I was incorrect on one of those assumptions.

Old 03-28-2011, 07:40 AM

162 posts, read 602,094 times
Is this true for all of West Coast is this just in Southern California? I'm planning on moving and Seattle and the Bay Area are on my list.

Old 03-28-2011, 08:28 AM

177 posts, read 398,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLOJ View Post
Is this true for all of West Coast is this just in Southern California? I'm planning on moving and Seattle and the Bay Area are on my list.
It's only true for a 20 foot radius around the OP wherever he goes.

Old 03-28-2011, 09:33 AM

16,588 posts, read 27,394,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLOJ View Post
All three places on your list are all slightly different. If you do not live on the west coast, none of this will matter to you regardless which place you choose on your list. Use other criteria to choose between the Bay Area, Seattle or SD. It will be those other things you may notice more. Not disregarding anything that's been said, just saying that other factors may weigh more heavily with you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego