Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 04:17 PM

1,996 posts, read 4,767,759 times

Advertisements

Spring Valley Or "Trash Valley" some locals like to call it, has always been a run down ghetto neighborhood, especially off Jamacha Rd and the La Presa neighborhood. It still is today. Casa Del Oro, is a little better, but it's just old looking not really bad though.

TMK does stand for "Ten Mexican Kids" I heard about them in High School, they're mostly a click tagger crew, wannabe cholo gangsters.

SVL stands for "Spring Valley Loco's" they are another tagger crew, but do gangbang and are located in La Presa off Grand Ave. I remember one time driving to a friends house in off Grand, and saw like 10 cholo's "Pelon's just chillin on the corner next to some apartments, and when I drove by, these dudes stared me down like they were about do something.

Never heard of SSO. I remember some kid got shot and killed next to Horseshoe liquor, I believe that was like 3 years ago? It's sad because the kid was just walking home minding his own business, and someone came up and just shot him for no reason. My old friend lived like a few streets down from where the shooting took place, so it's pretty scary.

You have pockets of nice parts of Spring Valley, but the majority of the area is just crappy.

Old 04-10-2009, 08:21 PM

4,897 posts, read 8,315,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Taggers are bad all over but worse in areas where they have quick get away routes to the freeway.
Where do you live where taggers are bad? I honestly don't see much graffiti at all.

Old 04-11-2009, 07:49 AM

2 posts, read 34,254 times
Roosevelt: What laws on the books are you referring too that the police and courts do not enforce?

Old 05-22-2009, 05:41 PM

21 posts, read 68,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by busymama619 View Post
we live in the area off of Bancroft, and I'm soooo ready to move! Not only is there grafitti everywhere, but i have seen larger groups of young people hanging out on the street corners, and inside ally ways, and hmmm wearing all red and black. They are rude if you try to walk by and block your way. Also, the park on Bancroft is turning into a homeless shelter. I feel sorry for them but a park is supposed to be for children and families, and i do not feel safe taking my child to play there.
haha red and black? ..those would called bloods haha
i know exactly where youre talking about. that area is blood gang territory

Old 05-23-2009, 03:35 AM

4,244 posts, read 8,756,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw619 View Post
haha red and black? ..those would called bloods haha
i know exactly where youre talking about. that area is blood gang territory
LOL that's an understatement.

Old 05-23-2009, 01:16 PM

213 posts, read 744,575 times
Most likely a group of kids who are bored and wanted to write gang signs in the walls.

And red and black are the colors of the vice lords. They are from Chicago. But in the East County area thats mostly white and hispanic gang activity with black gangs more towards downtown neighborhoods and up in Oceanside around OC border.

Old 05-23-2009, 01:53 PM

157 posts, read 644,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeInSoCal View Post
Most likely a group of kids who are bored and wanted to write gang signs in the walls.

And red and black are the colors of the vice lords. They are from Chicago. But in the East County area thats mostly white and hispanic gang activity with black gangs more towards downtown neighborhoods and up in Oceanside around OC border.

no man, da Vicelords be stylin' BLACK & YELLOW !

my cousin was a Vicelord from Chi-Town.

but he got smart and joined the army.

no more bangin for him.

dey gots racist whitey & latino gangs out EastCounty huh ?

Old 05-23-2009, 03:00 PM

Quote:

And red and black are the colors of the vice lords
. They are from Chicago. But in the East County area thats mostly white and hispanic gang activity with black gangs more towards downtown neighborhoods and up in Oceanside around OC border.
Everyone please IGNORE this poster when it comes to topics like this.

Old 05-23-2009, 05:02 PM

213 posts, read 744,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usc619 View Post
Everyone please IGNORE this poster when it comes to topics like this.

Why ignore me, cause your black so you must know it all. What your probably 30 so what would you know about what young kids n gangs are doin now.. Im the one whos lived with this s*** recently. Everyone knows that East County mostly white with hispanics and has got groups of bros. For real dont talk unless you know what your saying.

And blakazdog sorry i thought they were red n black cause when i moved out there when i waz real young from San Diego i thought i remembered red n black.

Old 05-23-2009, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Why ignore me, cause your black so you must know it all. What your probably 30 so what would you know about what young kids n gangs are doin now.. Im the one whos lived with this s*** recently. Everyone knows that East County mostly white with hispanics and has got groups of bros. For real dont talk unless you know what your saying.

And blakazdog sorry i thought they were red n black cause when i moved out there when i waz real young from San Diego i thought i remembered red n black.
LOL I know more than you think, just leave it at that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego