Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2011, 02:47 PM

73,008 posts, read 62,598,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkpoe View Post
Well, that's just the thing... December been almost bone dry until recently.

I just thought it was odd that Pierce and Snohomish County had the burn ban, but not King county. Usually King's the first to put out the ban.
Another thing I would find strange is that Seattle is in King County, therefore, King County has the most urban population. Pierce and Snohomish counties have more rural areas from what I've seen. In that way, it seems like Seattle should put in the burn ban first.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2011, 02:54 PM

73,008 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrman78 View Post
Agreed. I think it depends on where you are comparing it to. I mean, Houston is grossly over-polluted but it's not the same pollution as Seattle. There isn't as much particulate pollution here (since it rarely gets so cold to light the chimney) but there is a lot of ozone. In the Summer, it gets downright dangerous. Compared to Houston though, Seattle barely has any pollution. I guess those inversion days are the worst ones.
Atlanta pollution is different. Alot of people light fire places in the winter, as well as burning leaves out in the exurban areas. I can remember going outside in December and smelling burning leaves outside. However, the big sources come from smog. A sprawling metro of over 5 million people and so many cars= smog in the summer.

Old 12-24-2011, 07:23 PM

3,721 posts, read 7,825,288 times
Today was such a nice day! Warmer than I think a winter day should be, but beautiful none the less. Suppose to rain tomorrow. What crud for Christmas day!

Old 12-24-2011, 09:53 PM

2,011 posts, read 3,551,984 times
If anyone thinks traffic is bad up there now, let this winter's weather become commonplace... Can you imagine how many people would move to the area if all winters were like what you have had so far this year?

Old 12-25-2011, 01:04 AM

9,726 posts, read 16,740,612 times
It's been dry for most of December, and this morning when I had to go outside to walk to train station to take the Greyhound to Seattle, it was raining. But once in Seattle, the sun was shining and it was beautiful. I even saw Mt Rainier, though unfortunately I couldn't find a good spot for a picture because I had to get to the airport. Now I'm in Tennessee for the holidays and I already miss Western Washington.

Old 12-25-2011, 04:01 AM

3,721 posts, read 7,825,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplight View Post
It's been dry for most of December, and this morning when I had to go outside to walk to train station to take the Greyhound to Seattle, it was raining. But once in Seattle, the sun was shining and it was beautiful. I even saw the mountain, though unfortunately I couldn't find a good spot for a picture because I had to get to the airport. Now I'm in Tennessee for the holidays and I already miss Western Washington.
Fixed it for ya.

Yes we topped out at about 50 degrees. According to my thermometer, it is currently still 45 degrees outside at 3am! I believe this is way too warm for a winter night, but it has been calm and rainless, so I guess I really can't complain. Suppose to roll in sooner or later though, with a 100% chance of rain forecast for Christmas day. Ick! I'd take ANYTHING over rain! Well, maybe not a hurricane or tornado or anything intense like that, but still, wish it would snow, or at the least get cold again! Or even another clear and unseasonably warm day. Just ANYTHING but rain! lol

Old 12-25-2011, 08:06 AM

9,726 posts, read 16,740,612 times
Here in Tn it's currently 41 and...cloudy. Supposed to be almost 60 today; good thing I didn't wear anything warm.

Old 12-25-2011, 08:14 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,710,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarawayDJ View Post
If anyone thinks traffic is bad up there now, let this winter's weather become commonplace... Can you imagine how many people would move to the area if all winters were like what you have had so far this year?
I am super aware of that. Even if the rain gets to me from time to time, I see what other places look like such as the Bay Area, where it would be so much nicer if it weren't so overcrowded and I embrace the rain and endless overcast skies. December has been so strange this year that I feel like we're going to get an extremely wet spring. We'll see.

Old 12-26-2011, 02:41 AM

224 posts, read 405,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjg5 View Post
Fixed it for ya.

Yes we topped out at about 50 degrees. According to my thermometer, it is currently still 45 degrees outside at 3am! I believe this is way too warm for a winter night, but it has been calm and rainless, so I guess I really can't complain. Suppose to roll in sooner or later though, with a 100% chance of rain forecast for Christmas day. Ick! I'd take ANYTHING over rain! Well, maybe not a hurricane or tornado or anything intense like that, but still, wish it would snow, or at the least get cold again! Or even another clear and unseasonably warm day. Just ANYTHING but rain! lol

The good thing is that it did not rain near as much as I thought it would. It hardly rained at all really. We were in Ft.Lewis for Christmas and hardly anything. It rained for a period of time and stopped....

I'm from Florida and trust me..You are better off with this 'light' rain Seattle has compared to the East Coast 'downpours, hurricanes, and tornadoes...now that is ICK!

Old 12-26-2011, 02:43 AM

224 posts, read 405,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjg5 View Post
Today was such a nice day! Warmer than I think a winter day should be, but beautiful none the less. Suppose to rain tomorrow. What crud for Christmas day!
Yes, It was a nice day on Christmas Eve. Warmer than I expected when I stepped out the door. I think about 50 degrees..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area