Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2018, 02:03 PM

3,680 posts, read 2,979,221 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anywhere but here View Post
If I survived you would become target practice for me. It will be my time to get even with humans.
Remember that you will be hunted for everything you own or maybe just for fun.

Ehhh...sometimes SWAT raids are not such a bad idea. This may be the spookiest post I have seen.

Sounds like the evil villain in the latest Avengers installment.

Interesting that the focus is attacking religion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2018, 04:59 PM

30,913 posts, read 37,057,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by history nerd View Post
Mostly because of rhetoric like this.
Pretty funny people say that. A small but increasing number of liberals are also waking up to Agenda 21 or 2030 or whatever they've renamed it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuSLrchSL7M&t=98s

And other liberals are also speaking out against political correctness

But go right ahead and just dismiss what was said as the rantings of right wing nut jobs. Just don't say nobody told you, including people whose politics are more similar to yours:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOwNtYbU02U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2gN0lE06cE

Old 06-28-2018, 09:45 PM

30,913 posts, read 37,057,932 times
Quote:
Right, where is that documented? That is simply dribble.
Oh, it's "dribble" is it?

Old 07-09-2018, 08:14 AM

5,411 posts, read 3,623,698 times
the gene pool needs cleaning out that's for sure, have you seen some of the Neanderthals that are breeding these days? talk about all they can do is grunt.

Old 07-10-2018, 06:19 PM

24,620 posts, read 19,221,794 times
Quote:
If I survived you would become target practice for me. It will be my time to get even with humans.
Remember that you will be hunted for everything you own or maybe just for fun.
There's always someone bigger and badder than you, so you wouldn't last very long.

Quote:
Who cares? Why would anyone want to "survive"? They are only prolonging the inevitable death sentence.
Because, like a great many things, it represents a challenge. I find many challenges to be irresistible.

It's also a test of your training and skills. There's no reason why a person couldn't live their normal life span of 84 years under such conditions, and to so would give testimony to their training and skills.

Old 07-11-2018, 07:08 AM

5,411 posts, read 3,623,698 times
death is inevitable for us all at the end of our lives, I intend to delay that event for as long as I can, that is why I prepare to survive any events that happen along the way.

Old 07-11-2018, 08:11 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,229,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vatacvalves View Post
For those that are older have you seen the value of preparedness and self sufficiency vastly decline in your lifetime?

because liberals and neo-cons would rather have us rely on handouts from the government rather than providing for ourselves. providing for ourselves, scares the doodoo out of most urbanites and surbanites who would rather run to the grocery store for their next meal than go down into the basement and pull out freshly canned food that we put away last autumn.

I also do not think it has declined, I just think you do not hear about it as much. come to where i live, and self sufficiency is common as going to the gas station to fill up.

Old 07-11-2018, 12:46 PM

11,182 posts, read 7,237,565 times
Though there is wisdom and respect for self-sufficiency, too many times those who promote the lifestyle are conspiracy-theorists and nutjobs. Then it goes from being something admirable to something strange and foolish.

Old 07-11-2018, 05:46 PM

1,127 posts, read 1,278,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
Though there is wisdom and respect for self-sufficiency, too many times those who promote the lifestyle are conspiracy-theorists and nutjobs. Then it goes from being something admirable to something strange and foolish.
Self sufficiency is smart. That does not change, no matter who does it. The perception of it by others is what changes, and only in emotional herd members who cannot see past the outward persona of the practitioner. I will guarantee you there are a few folks who present a crazy face on purpose simply to dissuade the multitudes of grasshoppers they know from running to them in a crisis. Not most, but a few. I don't worry about the guy sitting on a pile of food snd guns in his bunker. He may shoot somebody, but only if they come around wanting what he has. What worries me, are the guys who are sitting on some nice guns, night vision, and such, but no food. Whether they admit it or not, these are the people who will be a threat if food is ever in short supply. The problem is, you don't hear them proclaiming they are ready for the end of the world, or see them wearing camouflage to the grocery store and driving a humvee around town. You mght see them posting on internet forums dedicated to long range shooting, tactical operations and similar. Or you might not hear from them at all.

I was active in a sniper/long range shooting forum a few years ago when someone started" a thread about emp or other scenarios that could result in a cessation of law, order and supply chain viability. One of the responses was a person talking about his group of buddies, and how they had what they needed to take whatever they wanted in that environment. He was an active member of the forum, always good for solid info on long range shooting skills. He posted a picture of one of his custom heavy barrelled rifles with a suppressor and a thermal imaging scope, as well, to drive home the point he was making. Imagine my surprise, when upon doing a little digging, I discover that not only does this person live in my county, he is also a member of local law enforcement.

In addition, another friend of mine who was on a local SWAT team at one point, told me that he had attended a class in a large city in our state, and had asked the hosting SWAT commander about his preparations for himself and his fsmily for such a situation. The response was "I run a team of the hardest guys in town, we kick in doors every day. If we need to, we will just go to doing it for food or whatever else we need".

Only two cases so far, but they are two of the most chillingly honest responses to such a question I have heard. And both of them from badged members of police units. Perhaps we need to be stigmatizing police officers rather than guys storing food....

Old 07-11-2018, 06:09 PM

9,053 posts, read 4,750,603 times
I don't talk about it much, but that is one of the reasons I moved.
About 4% of the population in my former location, that was their
SHTF plan. They were highly trained (I helped train some of them)
and many of them were fairly devoid of morals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness