Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2018, 10:02 AM

5,418 posts, read 3,635,702 times

Advertisements

that's something I hear all the time, people say " I don't want to survive if it gets that bad", fine by me, all the more room for those of us who do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2018, 10:31 AM

2,918 posts, read 1,904,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anywhere but here View Post
The indoctrination the government is implementing is clearly working. The fear mongers that cannot break away from their scary new feeds are keeping the industries flourishing.
Who cares? Why would anyone want to "survive"? They are only prolonging the inevitable death sentence.
Because as a husband and father it's my personal responsibility to look out for and protect my family. Period. Its my responsibility to do everything within my power for them.

Old 06-27-2018, 01:56 PM

9,135 posts, read 4,812,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpaul View Post
that's something I hear all the time, people say " I don't want to survive if it gets that bad", fine by me, all the more room for those of us who do.
Amen. I will even help him along when it gets bad and he gets hungry enough to try to take my stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkthekoolaid View Post
Because as a husband and father it's my personal responsibility to look out for and protect my family. Period. Its my responsibility to do everything within my power for them.
Obviously "Anywhere but here" doesn't believe in personal responsibility.

Sounds like another one to put on ignore.

Old 06-27-2018, 06:27 PM

3,680 posts, read 2,986,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
Amen. I will even help him along when it gets bad and he gets hungry enough to try to take my stuff.

Obviously "Anywhere but here" doesn't believe in personal responsibility.

Sounds like another one to put on ignore.
The ignore feature is akin to weeding the garden in my book. Some feel that we should welcome different attitudes, interests, and opinions. Sometimes....it depends on how they frame their differences. If they are educated and sincere, I tend to seek friendship and converse with them. If they are simply lip syncing with their favorite fake news source? Not so much.

Old 06-27-2018, 07:05 PM

2,971 posts, read 3,441,348 times
I’ll go with “happy pessimist “ as well.

I have a friend who drove me nuts by saying”things could get worse” whenever something not-so-great happened.

I would stomp my foot and insist that things could be better!

After a few tragic situations I am with her.

There’s no sense freaking out and insisting that the world go your way. It usually doesn’t.

So now when something bad happens I look at the new bright side. It’s not as crappy as it could have been, and I’m grateful for whatever I still have and try to learn from it.

It could always be worse!

Interesting thread, btw. I would love to move out somewhere and be more self sufficient. More power to you guys. I need to start thinking about these things.

In response to the OP I will say that people seem to be weaker. I don’t know what other word to use or how to explain more fully.

Have a great evening everyone.

Old 06-28-2018, 09:54 AM

Quote:
If I survived you would become target practice for me. It will be my time to get even with humans.
Remember that you will be hunted for everything you own or maybe just for fun.
maybe in America that might be true, but I don't live in America!

Old 06-28-2018, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkthekoolaid View Post
absolutely true, my only DUTY is to see me and mine survive, it is NOT my job to assist people who couldn't be bothered and spent all their money on gadgets and internet gaming and expensive foreign holidays.

Old 06-28-2018, 12:23 PM

9,135 posts, read 4,812,003 times
Quote:
Right, where is that documented? That is simply dribble.
Told ya! (Post 344)

Quote:
If I survived you would become target practice for me. It will be my time to get even with humans.
And he shows himself to be a psychopath, too!

Actually, I just checked his posting history and he treats people this way in many forums.

Time to put him on ignore.
Plonk!

Old 06-28-2018, 12:37 PM

10,419 posts, read 14,655,238 times
Quote:
Hr would definitely be one to remove. His only actual interest is pushing his truly evil religious beliefs.

Old 06-28-2018, 01:07 PM

2,918 posts, read 1,904,503 times
Quote:
Right, where is that documented? That is simply dribble.
That's your opinion. If you want to be a coward and shirk your moral responsibilities and obligations and take pride in being a statist or whatever it is you espouse to them good luck to ya.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness