Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2018, 11:09 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,523,229 times

Advertisements

They're all awful. I once waited all day for UPS to deliver a really heavy package. Got a text they tried to deliver it, but couldn't, so it was delivered to a local UPS store, which meant I had to go get it and haul the heavy box into my truck , out of my truck and into my apartment -- which is exactly why I bought it online to have it delivered.

When I went to the UPS Store I complained very loudly, and threatened to have them tell the driver he had to re-deliver it to my apartment. They looked really set back at that one. I told them if it ever happens again, that's exactly what I was going to do. Then, I made them haul it out to my truck and load it into my truck for me. I wanted to be sure that they would not make it easy for their driver to just drop packages off for them to deal with ever again.

Nope. Delivery absolutely sucks nowadays. This is why I buy from Walmart now and pick up in store. Screw Amazon.

What I will say, is that I never have problems with packages from the good old USPS. UPS is the worst, with FedEx not too far behind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2018, 05:15 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,491,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
Pardon? As an adult i'll politely dismiss your determination of what is or isn't my business.
As did they.
Quote:
Let's be clear here. Our business paid for the shipping fees, this employee chose to get mouthy.
What you call mouthy other people may call other things.
Quote:
That is my business to thwart further damages.
Agreed, you should switch to FedEx or courier service.
Quote:
And yes if a person is paid well they tend to do well.
I have seen a lot of conflicting proof to this.

Old 07-31-2018, 05:28 AM

50,821 posts, read 36,527,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
I don't see the big issue. I also live in apartments and UPS leaves packages in the office and I consider it a benefit. You may be home all day but most people are not. And package theft is a lot more common at apartments where people normally walk within feet of your front door. Would you be willing to waive any claims and take responsibility for any packages that are left and go missing? Thought not.
Not everyone has an office. My apartment was one of a few apartments above a block of stores. When they left my package downstairs, it was at the edge of the parking lot where all the store employees go by to go to work. Just sitting out there even in the rain and snow.

Old 07-31-2018, 09:15 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,231,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steiconi View Post
FedEx and UPS both just leave everything in the mail room. So does USPS, for that matter. If you're expecting a package, you go through the pile.

My apartments are great. Upon receipt, they mark the unit number in big letters on several sides and put in a closet on a shelf based on unit number. It gets entered into the system and a I get a text that a package is in the office. At the office, they get the package and I sign for it. I get a text that package has been picked up.

Old 07-31-2018, 10:06 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,829,916 times
Thank goodness they deliver only to the front desk in my condo building. I do not want them knocking on my door nor leaving it in front.

Old 07-31-2018, 12:25 PM

6,503 posts, read 3,439,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Black View Post
Whenever I have packages delivered by UPS, the driver never makes an attempt to deliver directly to my door per UPS policy https://www.ups.com/us/en/help-cente...eliveries.page Not even a note is ever left on my door

I've tried calling the local UPS facility that houses the driver and spoken to different supervisors, but all they've done is feed me lip service- - they're dont care and even seem to be siding with/protecting the driver.

I call the UPS customer service number, but all they do is just defer to the local facility, which just loops me in their run-around. I've even emailed the UPS customer service, but they have fought me as much as they can, and when I showed them it was UPS policy to at least attempt to deliver to apartment front doors, they said they would relay this to the driver, but it happened yet again yesterday. This new csr is also fighting me in playing semantics/not trying to help me.

Would anyone happen to know if there's perhaps a corporate phone number or specific address I could mail or phone a complaint to? Or possibly any solutions to get UPS to cooperate? I'm just out of options at the moment. I do use UPS MyChoice w/ front door instructions, to no avail. I do plan to get a house eventually which will nullify this issue
My particular complex will hold packages in their office for you to come pick up. Once the tracking link shows "Delivered", I just stop by the front office and get it.

Old 07-31-2018, 01:16 PM

840 posts, read 1,121,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Black View Post
The driver's not even coming to knock on my door to see if I'm home though, as I'm always home when I have these packages being delivered. If he were doing his job and at least coming to my door, what you describe wouldn't even be a possibility.

And the receptionist has told me that the driver just makes one stop to the leasing office and drops off all packages there. She told me herself that she was skeptical that "so nobody's ever home, ever"??
Yes, I had this problem too when I lived in apartments. Sometimes I was at home all day, but driver didn't bother to knock on my door.

They quit leaving a notice on my door and left the package at the leasing office. So I wouldn't know if it had been delivered that day. If I got home after the leasing office closed, I would have to wait until the next day when I got home from work to go to the leasing office.

I did talk to somebody in dispatch and was told the driver wasn't supposed to do that. He knew who the driver was and said he would tell him to leave a notice on my door.

Nothing changed. I now have all packages sent to my office.

Old 07-31-2018, 02:20 PM

12,391 posts, read 8,161,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddm2k View Post
My particular complex will hold packages in their office for you to come pick up. Once the tracking link shows "Delivered", I just stop by the front office and get it.
The thing is with UPS and FedEx Ground more than the other delivery services is that parcel might require the use of lifting equipment for the average person to move it

Old 07-31-2018, 02:22 PM

11,054 posts, read 6,653,002 times
Just as an amusing perspective, you could live in a country with NO mail and NO deliveries at all.

It is totally amazing what you can get used to. OTOH, it's like Christmas when I visit my sister in the States and she's been collecting Amazon boxes for me...her apt. complex is safe as it all goes to a mail room.

We did have a $200 electronic item stolen from a friend (Santa Barbara, CA no less) mailbox---WHY would Amazon deliver to a free-standing mailbox out on the street??

Old 07-31-2018, 05:23 PM

15,129 posts, read 32,339,266 times
UPS drivers are on a time limit to deliver packages, and are required to deliver everything on the truck that day. If the apartment complex has a leasing office, that's where the driver will deliver all packages too, not the tenant's door.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products