Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 04:02 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,165,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by groove1 View Post
So you are talking down about the clientele, yet you admit you are one of them? Ironic.
Yes, but I fully admit to it, right? But I hold my nose while doing it. These distinctions are subtle, yet important, you realize.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2008, 10:12 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,669,385 times
Good ol` Walmart. If I have to go, I make an appoint to go early to avoid the crowd. Lord help me, if I can`t find an item that I am looking for, because there is never anyone around to ask for help, and if I do happen to round someone up, they might say," I don`t know. Thats not my dept."
I also don`t like the idea of Walmart moving into a town, and putting the Ma and POP stores out of business. Thats always sad.

Old 03-15-2008, 07:25 AM

8,827 posts, read 7,329,676 times
cpg.... what makes you think you're better than people who work at Walmart? I bet your crap in the toilet stinks just as bad as that from anyone of those "knuckedraggers"?!?! It's an honest days' work for low pay and I hope you(or someone in your family) gets the chance to someday work at Walmart, maybe then you'll have some respect. At least those employees aren't collecting your taxdollars as welfare...Maybe it's customers who look down on Walmart employees that ruin things?

Old 03-15-2008, 08:37 AM

3,326 posts, read 8,862,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
I hate Wal-Mart for specific reasons. The crowded aisles. The noise. The complete and total absence of help. The stump-neck, gap-toothed, knuckle-dragging, polyester-wearing clientele. And that fact that there's evidently a designated Child Beating Zone in front of every one of their locations. Why? Because every time I pull into one of their parking lots, some kid is getting his from a very ticked-off parent.
This sounds like 95% of the Wal-Mart's out there. I hate the place. Target is as cheap if not cheaper on many things, without the above issues. Even though I don't have much to spare, I gladly pay more (wherever that its) to avoid Wal-Mart.
Besides, who really needs to have their oil changed, a can of paint, and a frozen bag of green beans all from the same place?

Old 03-15-2008, 08:40 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,266,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northbound74 View Post
This sounds like 95% of the Wal-Mart's out there. I hate the place. Target is as cheap if not cheaper on many things, without the above issues. Even though I don't have much to spare, I gladly pay more (wherever that its) to avoid Wal-Mart.
Besides, who really needs to have their oil changed, a can of paint, and a frozen bag of green beans all from the same place?
The WalMarts opening (or opened) near me are bright, very clean, wide aisle, well stocked, attentive store personell.

AND, they have certainly saved us a lot of money recently - the $4.00 generic meds!

Old 03-15-2008, 09:03 AM

3,326 posts, read 8,862,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
The WalMarts opening (or opened) near me are bright, very clean, wide aisle, well stocked, attentive store personell.

AND, they have certainly saved us a lot of money recently - the $4.00 generic meds!
Wait until the new wears off... and the crazy people find it.

Old 03-15-2008, 09:07 AM

4,729 posts, read 19,430,380 times
All you gotta to do to get someone to pay attention to you in Walmart is to act suspicous like you're going to steal something.

Old 03-15-2008, 12:15 PM

24,471 posts, read 26,008,272 times
Well, the Walmarts in my neck of the woods are clean, well light with very nice people working there. No mom and pops put out of business that I know of.

Maybe the Walmart bashers should look at where they are living.

Old 03-15-2008, 02:01 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,669,385 times
I know I lived in a small town, that used to have a downtown area. My ex husband and his Dad owned a hardware store for 20 something years, maybe longer...Walmart came in town..boom! They had to end up closing their doors from lack of business.
Oh, I guess its not Walmarts fault. They go where they see they will make it.

Old 03-15-2008, 03:29 PM

566 posts, read 603,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
I know I lived in a small town, that used to have a downtown area. My ex husband and his Dad owned a hardware store for 20 something years, maybe longer...Walmart came in town..boom! They had to end up closing their doors from lack of business.
Oh, I guess its not Walmarts fault. They go where they see they will make it.
That is what happens more often than not and it is almost always the Hardware Stores. I also hate that when you go into the hardware department at Wal-mart, K-Mart or Target you don't get personal service and half the time they don't know what the H*** they are talking about. This is the same with Auto Parts. Luckily they aren't big enough to put AUTO ZONE out of business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products