Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2018, 08:14 PM

14,394 posts, read 11,252,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
And this is why I enjoy debating this issue: I don't have to take the hoaxers seriously. So I don't.

I have fallen for my share of pies pipers, I have held some views that weren't on a sound foundation. But I have never been reduced to this sort of straw grasping.

I'm not proud of it, mind. But I find it impossible to suppress.
My hat is off to you for not taking it seriously. Hoaxers are the biggest idiots around. Anyone who, after presented with the evidence, still thinks we didn’t go to the moon is a complete moron.

Old 07-30-2018, 03:17 PM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Hey look!

NASA had voice actors - hundreds of them - generate over 2 years' worth of communication having to do with Apollo 11. Dedication! And not one of them spoke up afterwards!

https://lightsinthedark.com/2018/07/...pollo-11-tapes

Old 07-31-2018, 01:09 PM

14,394 posts, read 11,252,791 times
Quote:
Hey look!

NASA had voice actors - hundreds of them - generate over 2 years' worth of communication having to do with Apollo 11. Dedication! And not one of them spoke up afterwards!

Thanks for the link, this looks really interesting.

Old 07-31-2018, 01:21 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
Quote:
Hey look!

When it comes to the BIG secrets, our govt is actually VERY good at keeping them secret over long periods of time.

There is STILL details on Roswell that remains classified to this day...NONE of it has ever leaked out over all those decades! That is quite a feat, considering how many come and go from these agencies!

Old 07-31-2018, 01:39 PM

5 posts, read 2,337 times
Thumbs up Did NASA doctor all the moon images?

Former astronaut Ken Johnston said in this interview in CITD that there was a UFO following Apollo 11, he saved a record of unedited moon photos that NASA asked him to destroy.
and another guy Bret Sheppard, who was contacted by Stanford Research Institute at the age of 15, was shown a bunch of lunar and Mars images and was told that these are "extraterrestrial communication"

He looked at tons of moon images and believed that NASA has doctored some important things out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElWU...x-JFDboHzcL0OS

Unedited NASA moon photos: https://archive.org/details/KENSMOONLunarAnomalies

Bret story here: Bret Colin Sheppard ~ Bio – Aquarian Radio

Last edited by Danaluet; 07-31-2018 at 02:23 PM..

Old 07-31-2018, 03:32 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,170,143 times
Quote:
Hey look!

The link doesn't say anything about voice actors.

Old 07-31-2018, 04:01 PM

2,599 posts, read 2,324,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
When it comes to the BIG secrets, our govt is actually VERY good at keeping them secret over long periods of time.

There is STILL details on Roswell that remains classified to this day...NONE of it has ever leaked out over all those decades! That is quite a feat, considering how many come and go from these agencies!

It happened in or right near a town named Corona, not Roswell.

Old 07-31-2018, 04:07 PM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
The link doesn't say anything about voice actors.
My attempt at sarcasm fell flat, often happens. Those are the actual Apollo 11 recordings - spacecraft to ground, and a lot of the ground comms as well.

Old 07-31-2018, 07:38 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,593,400 times
Quote:
And this is why I enjoy debating this issue: I don't have to take the hoaxers seriously. So I don't.

I have fallen for my share of pies pipers, I have held some views that weren't on a sound foundation. But I have never been reduced to this sort of straw grasping.

I'm not proud of it, mind. But I find it impossible to suppress.
Dane maybe someday will be your lucky one and NASA will send you to the moon so you can come back and tell us all about it.

Old 07-31-2018, 07:54 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,593,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
That rumor has been going around since 2014 when some web site called Huzlers posted a spoof. It seems to have a history of publishing fabricated news stories.

[indent]ORIGINS: In November 2014, the Huzlers web site published an article recycling the old conspiracy theory that the moon landings were fake events staged on movie sets, claiming Apollo 11 astronaut Buzz Aldrin had recently admitted to such:

It is being reported that the Apollo 11 missions, which landed men for the first time on the moon, was in fact fake.
One of the astronauts on the Apollo 11 mission, Edwin “Buzz” Aldrin, confirmed that the Apollo 11 missions were “fake” and that the videos of the mission are simply showing a setup that was created to simulate how the moon and space would look. “Apollo 11 was not real, none of it was” Buzz Aldrin said in a video he recorded confessing to the Apollo 11 hoax, “I am ashamed to say this but I cannot hide it anymore, it was a setup, like the ones they use in Hollywood films, back in the 60’s, the U.S. was competing with the Soviet Union to achieve space flight supremacy, which was known as the “space race”. We were afraid the Soviets would beat us to the moon so we decided to fake the moon landings of Apollo 11 to say we were greater than the Soviets” concluded Buzz.

Shortly thereafter links and excerpts referencing this article were being circulated via social media, with many of those who encountered the item mistaking it for a genuine news report. However, that article was just a spoof from Huzlers, a web site that offers users the ability to “Create your own news prank and trick your friends by sharing it” and has a history of publishing fabricated news stories (such as one about pop star Justin Bieber‘s admitting to being bisexual and one about the 2014 Super Bowl being rigged). The Huzlers site also carries a disclaimer on its pages noting that “Huzlers.com is a combination of real shocking news and satire news to keep its visitors in a state of disbelief.”

In view of the overwhelming evidence that we went to the moon, a person who continues to insist that we didn't is in serious denial.
Snopes also says Bin Ladin and a bunch of Saudis were responsible for 9/11, when anybody who has gone down that rabbit hole for more than 15 minutes knows in their gut that isn't true, so Snopes is a mockingbird dis-info outfit that would lead back to the usual suspects sure as I'm sitting here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJL4-eZ1ooU
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space