Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should there be a Golf Sub-Forum?
Yes, long over due 206 85.83%
No, Soccer doesn't have one so Golf doesn't need one. 34 14.17%
Voters: 240. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2019, 06:47 AM

6,590 posts, read 11,296,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
Ryder Cup USA, way to totally screw up the ticket process. A ton of people thought they won the right to buy tickets that they registered over a year ago for then found out they just won a entry into another lottery which they never had a chance to buy tickets. Like me, many others wasted 3 hours trying to get tickets for $185 now they are for sale $500-600 each by a third party organization that is close to the PGA, sounds like an inside job. What a scam, I hope Europe wins.
Yea - saw a bunch of fury on the golf specific boards. This is a really crappy thing to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2019, 06:50 AM

On a different note.... talk about being penalized

https://www.cbssports.com/golf/news/...-championship/

Old 10-17-2019, 05:52 PM

8,290 posts, read 23,122,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macroy View Post
On a different note.... talk about being penalized

https://www.cbssports.com/golf/news/...-championship/

I kinda had the same thing happen to a friend, now was it dirty pool?

At the first hole I am playing my buddy who is decent and I'm not that good and he can be obnoxious and a jerk on the course and I noticed he had 19 clubs in his bag. How can you not notice that, so I kept my mouth shut and upon teeing off on the 18th and we we're tied I informed him he had too many clubs in his bag and no matter what he did he was going to lose to me. I play by the rules and I am not a rules official wannabe but if you have been playing for 10 years and you don't know the basic rules, well then shame on you. I enforced the penalty and he lost. He went to the clubhouse official and asked if he, was in the wrong and he was indeed. He was also unaware of playing a provisional ball and insisted I was making the rule up. I also fined him for looking for his ball for more than 5 minutes. We don't play golf together anymore, he also loves to give you advice on every shot, seriously every shot! Maybe we're both dee-bags, but I wouldn't have enforced it if he wasn't such a jerk that day. BTW 2 strokes per hole, 18 holes, yeah he lost big.

Old 10-19-2019, 09:01 AM

I just signed up for this, I paid for a full year and we'll see how much I use it but I do like being able to go back and watch golf and catch up especially during winter months, it helps to see the lush green fairways.

PGA Tour Live:

https://www.nbcsports.com/gold/pga-t...SAAEgLgc_D_BwE

Old 10-21-2019, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
I kinda had the same thing happen to a friend, now was it dirty pool?

At the first hole I am playing my buddy who is decent and I'm not that good and he can be obnoxious and a jerk on the course and I noticed he had 19 clubs in his bag. How can you not notice that, so I kept my mouth shut and upon teeing off on the 18th and we we're tied I informed him he had too many clubs in his bag and no matter what he did he was going to lose to me. I play by the rules and I am not a rules official wannabe but if you have been playing for 10 years and you don't know the basic rules, well then shame on you. I enforced the penalty and he lost. He went to the clubhouse official and asked if he, was in the wrong and he was indeed. He was also unaware of playing a provisional ball and insisted I was making the rule up. I also fined him for looking for his ball for more than 5 minutes. We don't play golf together anymore, he also loves to give you advice on every shot, seriously every shot! Maybe we're both dee-bags, but I wouldn't have enforced it if he wasn't such a jerk that day. BTW 2 strokes per hole, 18 holes, yeah he lost big.
Is this an actual tournament? I don't care how many clubs you carry during a casual round or how many different types of golf balls you use. But if this was an actual tournament under USGA rules - then yea, he's done. Albeit you should have mentioned it as soon as you saw it - IMO.

But I agree - if you play enough to carry a handicap, then you should know the fundamental rules. I say 'fundamental' because man, there are so many friggin rules in golf.

Old 10-21-2019, 03:34 PM

No it was just me and a buddy playin' golf but this is a guy that plays in leagues 3 times a week, you'd think he would pick up on some rules along the way.

Old 10-28-2019, 06:00 AM

Congrats to Tiger on winning the ZOZO and tying Sam Snead on most PGA Tournament wins.

Pretty impressive. Of course, the big one is getting 4 more majors to eclipse Jack's 18...

Old 10-28-2019, 06:49 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,092,829 times
Quote:
Congrats to Tiger on winning the ZOZO and tying Sam Snead on most PGA Tournament wins.

Pretty impressive. Of course, the big one is getting 4 more majors to eclipse Jack's 18...
He won't get four more majors.

But he will eclipse Snead. And at that point I just might have to finally concede...he is the GOAT.

Old 10-28-2019, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
He won't get four more majors.

But he will eclipse Snead. And at that point I just might have to finally concede...he is the GOAT.
My heart wants to take that bet. But my brain won't let it....

If you go back on this thread enough - I believe I said after his issues (both physical and personal) that he'll probably win another tournament. But definitely not a major. And while the Tour Championship isn't a major, winning that and the Masters was pretty damn impressive.

So yea, winning 4 more is extremely remote. But man, I'd love to see that. And since we're talking the improbable here - let's even go as far as getting a 4th career grand slam. So another US Open and The Open.

Old 10-29-2019, 09:47 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,092,829 times
Quote:

Quote:
My heart wants to take that bet. But my brain won't let it....

If you go back on this thread enough - I believe I said after his issues (both physical and personal) that he'll probably win another tournament. But definitely not a major. And while the Tour Championship isn't a major, winning that and the Masters was pretty damn impressive.

So yea, winning 4 more is extremely remote. But man, I'd love to see that. And since we're talking the improbable here - let's even go as far as getting a 4th career grand slam. So another US Open and The Open.
He wants to get to Tokyo.

I don't know if I could think of a more "Jordan-esque" fade-away finish to Tiger's career than winning a GOLD FREAKIN' MEDAL for America.

Now I know a lot of people aren't crazy about golf in the Olympics, but I LOVE IT. I have always been a massive fan of the Olympics and had i had the talent to play the game getting a Gold to me would have been perhaps even better than a major.

Just my view on it.

We'll see it he can qualify as the requirements are a little finicky.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports