Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Tablets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2013, 08:18 PM

4,035 posts, read 10,297,214 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by psikeyhackr View Post
If a tablet won't fit in my pocket I won't buy it. Simple as that.

I walk down the street listening to audiobooks. I don't want to have to carry anything to hold my tablet. I admit the problem is the things being cheap. My Nexus 7-12 died after 14 months.

psik
I would use a smart phone for that task, not a tablet. Some people use phablets, but to me they’re too small to replace a tablet for business purposes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2013, 08:20 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,146,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
well my brief love affair with any tablet that does not have a full size keyboard is over... I'd consider them fine for vacations or emergencies otherwise I want a full size keyboard running windows... they can't even get Bluetooth controllers working right and don't get me started with clumsy touchscreen typing, and the random behavior of being unable to properly backspace to delete text also that annoying typing option dialog on the right hand side of the space bar that gets accidentally pushed all the time.... reminds me of Google chrome.... clumsy just because.... android still needs work.
The ThinkPad Helix comes with a nearly full size thinkpad precision keyboard that you can attach/detach. It's not like any of those crappy other keyboards that you can buy as addons.

Old 02-13-2014, 08:34 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,195,902 times
I am in the market for a new tablet. I am currently using an ipad 2....but I have thought of buying a windows tablet instead on an ipad for my next. My issue is that I honestly have no clue what to buy, what's good, and what's bad. It may sound crazy but. Think this is where Apple has an advantage....they basically give you one choice...in a couple of sizes. And it works.

Can someone tell me....what is a good windows tablet in the $700-$800 range, good quality? And why?

Old 02-14-2014, 08:10 AM

16,551 posts, read 19,703,819 times
Convertible Ultrabook Laptop & Tablet | Ideapad Yoga 13 with Windows 8 | Lenovo (US)

Good Quality, Yes. Better then the MS offerings IMO.

Why? It's everything you asked for. Widows? Check. Quality? Check. Price? Check.
Might be a little bigger then you want, but this is the best one out there IMO.

Old 02-14-2014, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Convertible Ultrabook Laptop & Tablet | Ideapad Yoga 13 with Windows 8 | Lenovo (US)

Why? It's everything you asked for. Widows? Check. Quality? Check. Price? Check.
Now...if I've got a legal version of Office 2010 can I just install it on this?

Old 02-14-2014, 01:09 PM

3,549 posts, read 6,665,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Now...if I've got a legal version of Office 2010 can I just install it on this?
Yep, it's just a regular copy of Windows.

Old 02-15-2014, 12:00 PM

Quote:

Been doing some research on that. Most of the issues tend to revolve around the issue of the keyboard. Some folks say the keys stick, some keys don't work. I guess my concern would be to have an exposed keyboard like that. When you fold it open, the keyboard is now on the bottom of the machine. In your experience, is that an issue?

There was also someone that said the fans are loud. I just assumed with an SSD, there would not be a fan. My iPad doesn't have one. Is there fan noise with this?

Old 02-15-2014, 02:46 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,146,617 times
Tablets that use laptop CPUs tend to have fans. Tablets that use low-power CPUs like Intel Atoms tend not to have fans.

Old 02-17-2014, 08:01 AM

16,551 posts, read 19,703,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Been doing some research on that. Most of the issues tend to revolve around the issue of the keyboard. Some folks say the keys stick, some keys don't work. I guess my concern would be to have an exposed keyboard like that. When you fold it open, the keyboard is now on the bottom of the machine. In your experience, is that an issue?
I don't have that, I just know that it is a top rated one. Keys don't work? You have to understand these are isolated issues. People complain far more then they compliment. And if they keys don't work you get it replaced under warranty. That "complaint" doesn't even make sense to me.

Old 02-17-2014, 10:08 AM

Quote:
I don't have that, I just know that it is a top rated one. Keys don't work? You have to understand these are isolated issues. People complain far more then they compliment. And if they keys don't work you get it replaced under warranty. That "complaint" doesn't even make sense to me.
Good point. My concern would be how it holds up over time. Its easy to replace a keyboard that isn't built into the unit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Tablets